Wisconsin Postgame Thread

I think the point is that it would be a valid debate to complain about Green spelling our guards if we had a viable option to play ahead of him. Say if Newkirk was on the roster and the debate was between Green/Newkirk getting those 11 minutes. Both are flawed players, but both are guys we've seen can do some things and provide good play when they're on. But, to suggest Archie should be playing Joeger or someone like Vijay Blackmon ahead of Green, two walk-on's who we've never seen do anything at this level even against 300+ RPI teams, is kind of ridiculous. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of DeVonte.  I posted this earlier in some thread, it may have even been this one.  Watching SportsCenter after the game, they showed a shot of IU's bench right after Romeo made the last basket.  the bench, naturally, erupts with guys jumping up and down, screaming, waving towels, etc.  

Meanwhile, Devonte, who is on the court, but in the camera shot, is just standing there, with literally no emotion whatsoever.  I'm trying not to judge the young man.  But, your teammate just effectively hit a shot to win a very tough, hard fought, double overtime game.  On top of that, wins have been hard to come by for several weeks.  As a player, a member of that team, how can you NOT show some sort of emotion (happiness, relief, amazement, etc,) in that situation?

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

On the subject of DeVonte.  I posted this earlier in some thread, it may have even been this one.  Watching SportsCenter after the game, they showed a shot of IU's bench right after Romeo made the last basket.  the bench, naturally, erupts with guys jumping up and down, screaming, waving towels, etc.  

Meanwhile, Devonte, who is on the court, but in the camera shot, is just standing there, with literally no emotion whatsoever.  I'm trying not to judge the young man.  But, your teammate just effectively hit a shot to win a very tough, hard fought, double overtime game.  On top of that, wins have been hard to come by for several weeks.  As a player, a member of that team, how can you NOT show some sort of emotion (happiness, relief, amazement, etc,) in that situation?

I get it... but I have seen similar types of things happen before. 

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I agree because I would have went nuts after the shot.  I do remember When Bird was coaching the Pacers and when Reggie hit the game winner against the Bulls he showed no emotion at all.  I guess as a coach you have to be a little less emotional but I would have a hard time doing that.

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Green absolutely could have been finding his match up to get back on defense. 

Could have been that.  Here is a high level shot.    It obviously is not a closeup like I saw on SportsCenter, so you can't see the expression on his face.   After the timeout, he does walk towards Romeo and claps hands with De'Ron and Romeo.  Rob charges in for a chest bump.  Race, had already charged across half-court to get back on defense.  Certainly nothing 'concerning' about Devonte's actions from this view.  But, his lack of emotion in his face on the closeup on SportsCenter is not typical of the situation.  

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Could have been that.  Here is a high level shot.    It obviously is not a closeup like I saw on SportsCenter, so you can't see the expression on his face.   After the timeout, he does walk towards Romeo and claps hands with De'Ron and Romeo.  Rob charges in for a chest bump.  Race, had already charged across half-court to get back on defense.  Certainly nothing 'concerning' about Devonte's actions from this view.  But, his lack of emotion in his face on the closeup on SportsCenter is not typical of the situation.  

Race has such a high Bball IQ. We're really going to enjoy his time at IU.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

1388805058_ScreenShot2019-02-27at1_13_38PM.png.00e73e9c77552059a725711845c929f4.png

How about bewilderment? LOL.

49 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Race has such a high Bball IQ. We're really going to enjoy his time at IU.

I had someone tell me awhile ago, that in his opinion, Race had the highest BB IQ of anyone on the team. And this was coming from someone who played the game.

Just think what this season would/could have been with Race being available all season long.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I had someone tell me awhile ago, that in his opinion, Race had the highest BB IQ of anyone on the team. And this was coming from someone who played the game.

Just think what this season would/could have been with Race being available all season long.

Justin, who had a good game, had 6 rebounds in 26 minutes. De'Ron, who played really well, had 3 in 22 minutes. Race had 7 in 22 minutes, plus a steal. That speaks to knowing where to be on the court, especially for a kid who won't jump over anyone. He was also in position on defense against Happ and Reuvers. Stayed out of foul trouble.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I gotta start working on it as well.  Maybe we have started a tradition that will carry us to the tournament.

I don't have one for MSU yet.  But, here's one for Purdue should we face them in the BTT,

We've all heard the phrase, 'no harm, no foul'.  When talking about the PU basketball team, it's said this way "Know Haarms?  He's foul."

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't have one for MSU yet.  But, here's one for Purdue should we face them in the BTT,

We've all heard the phrase, 'no harm, no foul'.  When talking about the PU basketball team, it's said this way "Know Haarms?  He's foul."

Why did it take us this long to find something so childish and fun. I feel like this year was wasted!!

Romeo finally did the right thing at the end.  Do not understand why at the end of regulation and the first OT, the plan is to just get the ball into front court and have Romeo or another point guard just hold the ball until time is almost out and then jack up some very difficult shot.  Oh well.....

This game, with Race helping out so much, just makes me wonder how different this season would have been with Race and Jerome Hunter contributing all year.

Archived