Wisconsin Postgame Thread

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

had a revelation this morning that in order for us to win we just have to have a pregame thread full of puns. I can't wait for the MSU one.

When I signed up on HSN I did not realize that puns were required. I have a hard enough time discussing basketball, and now puns? I know a few good bar jokes involving a talking horse and a chicken.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just able to watch the game from last night. Those of you who have complained about the commentary from DD and his ESPN sidekick were right on the money. It was insufferable about how all the calls were going IU's way, pretty demeaning comments about IU's fans disagreement with calls, etc. Very tiring to listen to. That goes on in every arena for every sport. It's called home court/field. I'm sure there are still many there at AH who have the same seats and cheered Dan on as a player. It just seemed like DD went out of his way to come up with negative comments about the fans, team and coaching staff. I realize a commentator doesn't want to come off as a homer, but good grief.

Sorry, just had to vent a moment. ....whew, i'm good now.

7 minutes ago, INDenizen said:

I was just able to watch the game from last night. Those of you who have complained about the commentary from DD and his ESPN sidekick were right on the money. It was insufferable about how all the calls were going IU's way, pretty demeaning comments about IU's fans disagreement with calls, etc. Very tiring to listen to. That goes on in every arena for every sport. It's called home court/field. I'm sure there are still many there at AH who have the same seats and cheered Dan on as a player. It just seemed like DD went out of his way to come up with negative comments about the fans, team and coaching staff. I realize a commentator doesn't want to come off as a homer, but good grief.

Good post.  The Cretin (DD) was insufferable.  I happened to watch the IU game where the '76 team was honored at half time, before the game. Incredibly, the Cretin, who actually did that game, has been throwing shade IU's way, for not honoring former players.... all the while saying that Purdue does.  Not only does the Cretin go out of his way to dish IU, whenever possible.... he also has short term and long term memory loss. 

22 minutes ago, INDenizen said:

I’m so sick of Dak-itch, as I call him at home. After about 5 minutes I found a radio feed on my phone and listened to that while watching. Soooo much better!

40 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

I’m so sick of Dak-itch, as I call him at home. After about 5 minutes I found a radio feed on my phone and listened to that while watching. Soooo much better!

I stream to my TV from the ESPN app while listening to TuneIn / Fisch all from my cell.  Synching the two up takes a few minutes but well worth it's.

1 hour ago, PoHoosier said:

I stream to my TV from the ESPN app while listening to TuneIn / Fisch all from my cell.  Synching the two up takes a few minutes but well worth it's.

When I went to the radio feed, it was totally in synch with the tv broadcast. I was surprised, so I will do this from now on.

2 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

How do you sync that if the two are off? I have streamed the TV feed before and tried Fisch, but Fisch was so far ahead that it was not workable for me. If there is a trick, I'd love to know it.

Just now, INDenizen said:

How do you sync that if the two are off? I have streamed the TV feed before and tried Fisch, but Fisch was so far ahead that it was not workable for me. If there is a trick, I'd love to know it.

Between pressing the button to go back 30 seconds and the 'play' bar, sliding until it's synched has worked for me.  So long as you use the TuneIn app.

9 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

Between pressing the button to go back 30 seconds and the 'play' bar, sliding until it's synched has worked for me.  So long as you use the TuneIn app.

I find that the easiest way (providing the tunein feed is ahead of the TV broadcast) is to listen for something like the opening tip, or a made basket and immediately press the play/pause button to pause the radio. Then watching the TV wait for that same event to occur and then press the play button to resume the (now delayed) broadcast, putting them in sync.

Occasionally, the game will be on a major network and I watch it via OTA (antenna) which then results in the TV being ahead of tunein.  Luckily my TV allows me to pause/resume the live broadcast and I do the same procedure as above but by pausing/playing the TV.

There is a wide variance in the delay of the internet TV stream - for instance the game the other night the ESPN app stream was probably 30 seconds behind the same broadcast that I watched streaming from my YouTube TV app.  Also, it's not uncommon for you to get the broadcast and radio synced up and then suddenly (often after a commercial or halftime) find them out of sync (30 seconds to minutes) as it seems the networks and providers monkey around with it to insert more commercials or lengthen/shorten their halftime content.

Finally, there are two different Tunein streams I use: one is WHCC out of Bloomington and the other is the Indiana University Sports Network.  I've found WHCC to be a little more reliable, but occasionally (like Tuesday night) they didn't have the men's game but the women's game instead as both games were going on at the same time.

Long response, but judging from the number of people who (like me) dislike Dikitch with a passion, I'm adding this as a Public Service Post.

24 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I find that the easiest way (providing the tunein feed is ahead of the TV broadcast) is to listen for something like the opening tip, or a made basket and immediately press the play/pause button to pause the radio. Then watching the TV wait for that same event to occur and then press the play button to resume the (now delayed) broadcast, putting them in sync.

Occasionally, the game will be on a major network and I watch it via OTA (antenna) which then results in the TV being ahead of tunein.  Luckily my TV allows me to pause/resume the live broadcast and I do the same procedure as above but by pausing/playing the TV.

There is a wide variance in the delay of the internet TV stream - for instance the game the other night the ESPN app stream was probably 30 seconds behind the same broadcast that I watched streaming from my YouTube TV app.  Also, it's not uncommon for you to get the broadcast and radio synced up and then suddenly (often after a commercial or halftime) find them out of sync (30 seconds to minutes) as it seems the networks and providers monkey around with it to insert more commercials or lengthen/shorten their halftime content.

Finally, there are two different Tunein streams I use: one is WHCC out of Bloomington and the other is the Indiana University Sports Network.  I've found WHCC to be a little more reliable, but occasionally (like Tuesday night) they didn't have the men's game but the women's game instead as both games were going on at the same time.

Long response, but judging from the number of people who (like me) dislike Dikitch with a passion, I'm adding this as a Public Service Post.

The things we'll do to avoid having to listen to Dakich

5 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The things we'll do to avoid having to listen to Dakich

Have you ever listened to Bill Walton.  Dakich is an A$$ but at least he know basketball.  Bill Walton will spend the whole time talking about the strangest things that just make everyone feel a bit uncomfortable.  I can't even watch a game he is on.  But i do think Dakich needs to just grow up and move on.

27 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Have you ever listened to Bill Walton.  Dakich is an A$$ but at least he know basketball.  Bill Walton will spend the whole time talking about the strangest things that just make everyone feel a bit uncomfortable.  I can't even watch a game he is on.  But i do think Dakich needs to just grow up and move on.

I think Walton is completely unlistenable, but there are people that really like him. No idea why. Dakich has some good basketball insight. The problem is, particularly during our games, he can't avoid taking little potshots at the program in different ways. Between his radio show and color, he probably doesn't even know he's doing it any more.

Archived