Wisconsin Postgame Thread

24 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Al is definitely Archie's kind of player.  Tough.  Scrappy.  Maybe not an elite natural talent, but hustles and is above average on both ends of the court. 

Just needs to realize that 2 seconds left on the clock is more than enough time to get a closer shot than 40 feet away from the basket.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rico said:

Yep, Al will be a fine 4 year player for us.

Yes, and I think we can all agree that when Archie gets a full recruiting cycle in that a guy like Durham certainly won't be a starter as a sophomore. I really, really like him, but he's a reserve guard on a really good team, not a starter routinely playing 30+ minutes. 

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yes, and I think we can all agree that when Archie gets a full recruiting cycle in that a guy like Durham certainly won't be a starter as a sophomore. I really, really like him, but he's a reserve guard on a really good team, not a starter routinely playing 30+ minutes. 

That's exactly the role he should be in.  As a Jr/Sr, ideal first guard off the bench or a spot starter for a game or two.  Can play either guard position reasonably well, not incredibly great at anything, but not terrible at anything either.

19 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Really going off topic now.  I am actually impressed with the job Northwestern did on their home.  I agree with you, that prior to the rehab, their home looked like a high school gym.  But now... at least on tv... to me.... it actually looks like it belongs in the B!G. 

Seating capacity aside (8,110) I agree. Going to Welsh Ryan with my youngest daughter every year IU played there from 2001-2012 was one of our bonding experiences. I sent her a pic earlier this year if the upgrades and she commented that it didn't help her comfort level from those days.

Those wooden bleachers could be murder...

Archived