Wisconsin Postgame Thread

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, addictedtoIU said:

Just out of curiosity, what does Glass have anything to do with this?

Concern about APR and not letting Archie turn over the roster. 

No inside info, only going off 3rd party information but CAM seemed much more reserved this year.  He seemed like something was holding him back. 

Really good win, especially good to beat Wisconsin. Langford was really good down the stretch, Phinisee controlled the pace, Davis once again was really good, Race is going to be a player, Morgan played well though couldn’t get a bucket to drop again. 

Hopefully we can make a run here downcthe stretch. 

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Not surprised

He had almost handed Wiscy the game on the foul?  Hard to tell what's going through a kid's head after a mistake like fouling a 3-point shooter. It definitely sticks out when one guy isn't reacting after such a huge shot, whatever the case.. 

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Injuries played are part, but they are not the main issue with this team.  Team dysfunction is.  Dad sends an idiotic and divisive tweet and we lose 12 of 13.  

I don’t believe that was the main issue. But for the sake of discussion let’s assume the tweet from Smith’s Dad was a real problem, well that’s just another reason why the injuries were so important. Archie couldn’t bench Smith by using the pine to resolve things because both Davis and Race were out injured. 

One other thing about Race. I don’t wanted to carried away, as the kid hasn’t even made a basket yet, but his hustle, defense, positioning, etc. has been great. But to me one of the best plays he made all night, and the sign of a high basketball IQ players vs. a low one, was the play where Langford threw him the ball around midcourt up 1 in 2OT. Instead of holding it to get fouled, which I believe Smith would have done (I’m projecting there, but he’s clearly not a high IQ guy) he quickly got rid of it to Phinisee who was then able to find Davis for the and 1. 

Though very simple, it was a smart, smart play, and the type of play certain guys on this team don’t understand. 

39 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

19-15 with no bad losses could probably do it. 

Oklahoma made it last year with 18 wins and they didn’t have as many good wins as IU does right now. It’s not as far fetched as people think but an MSU win would do wonders. Davis and Morgan could have big games against them without Ward.

Big win.  Showed some toughness tonight in my humble opinion.  

To the two IU fans sitting behind me on the bleachers saying “Archie needs to go, IU sucks, most of the guys need to transfer, blah blah blah”, do us all a favor and please don’t step foot back into Assembly Hall.  Thank you.  

Sincerely,

Real IU fans.

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

3 pages after a win? Where are all the fire Archie guys...lol. Sorry, couldnt help my self. You guys are welcome here after a win.

Putting Rob, Juwan and Romeo all on the bench at the same time was a mistake that a first year coach shouldn’t make. Let alone one with 8 years experience. And it’s not even the first time his rotations have been horrible. Despite the win Archie needs to be better. 

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Putting Rob, Juwan and Romeo all on the bench at the same time was a mistake that a first year coach shouldn’t make. Let alone one with 8 years experience. And it’s not even the first time his rotations have been horrible. Despite the win Archie needs to be better. 

yes it was a bad 5 mins...you would hope as a coach your bench could match theirs and hold a 13 point lead. Romeo played 45 mins and Rob went out hurt i believe at that time.  But yes I agree all 3 shouldnt be out.

Archived