Heading For The Exits???

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, IU Scott said:

No but just don't understand the mentality of leaving early in a close game in OT.  Maybe it is just people have short attention span and can't sit or stand to watch a game for more than 2 hours.

It probably has something to do with having priorities that are bigger than IU basketball. We aren't all middle-aged men that can't sleep for over an hour after the game because we let it impact us that much. 

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It probably has something to do with having priorities that are bigger than IU basketball. We aren't all middle-aged men that can't sleep for over an hour after the game because we let it impact us that much. 

Well said. Over the past 11 years I have pretty much dropped any and everything when Ayden says Dad lets_________ Tuesday night he said Dad let's cuddle and watch TV til I fall asleep. About 130am. I woke up went to bed checked the score on my way gave a fist pump and went to bed. Soon hr wont always want dad there so I enjoy every second. IU basketball will still be there for me 

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Well said. Over the past 11 years I have pretty much dropped any and everything when Ayden says Dad lets_________ Tuesday night he said Dad let's cuddle and watch TV til I fall asleep. About 130am. I woke up went to bed checked the score on my way gave a fist pump and went to bed. Soon hr wont always want dad there so I enjoy every second. IU basketball will still be there for me 

Enjoy it while you can. My 11yo is already starting to get embarrassed to tell me he loves me in front of people.

45 minutes ago, JEFFVETTE said:

Enjoy it while you can. My 11yo is already starting to get embarrassed to tell me he loves me in front of people.

Watched my 20 year old play ball last night and he had no problems telling me he loved me as I headed to the car in front of his whole team. Very blessed

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Well I would understand not going at all but if you re there why leave early when the game is going into 2 ot.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Well I would understand not going at all but if you re there why leave early when the game is going into 2 ot.

Judgement call.

In their opinion, it was better to go to the game and leave early , ( if that's what they did instead of going to the restroom ) than not go at all.  No way they could have thought it was going to last nearly 3 hours.  Personally, 9 times out of 10, I am staying.

However, there are times I struggle to stay awake 30 seconds past my normal bed time.  Sure I work 13-13.5 hour nights and am going to school... Odds are good there is a chance I would leave early given my disposition to not die at work or on the way home due to lack of sleep.

Judgement call tells me you cannot think of a scenario you leave that game early.

Archived