Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

milehiiu

Keion Brooks Jr.

11 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Why doesn’t damezi play?

Doubt we see him much with Green Mcroberts back healthy.  Seemed lost on defense like most freshmen.  Like his future if he can provide us a consistent outside shot.

• Like 2

One of the questions on our post from yesterday was "what is your favorite fast food restaurant?"  Keion answered 5 guys.  Trayce commented on the post saying "yo lets go eat at the 5 guys down in bloomington" and Keion liked the comment. 

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, HSRecruitingNews said:

One of the questions on our post from yesterday was "what is your favorite fast food restaurant?"  Keion answered 5 guys.  Trayce commented on the post saying "yo lets go eat at the 5 guys down in bloomington" and Keion liked the comment. 

Have you been asked to put Keion's twitter announcement together yet? 

I assumed from the smiley face in TJD's that you did that one?

Just now, IUaic said:

Have you been asked to put Keion's twitter announcement together yet? 

I assumed from the smiley face in TJD's that you did that one?

No I'm not doing Keion's and I didn't do Trayce's.  I put the smiley face because I used to go to CG and my friends there told me he was announcing. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Why doesn’t damezi play?

Damezi's defense is a liability right now....and it is clear we are hanging our hat on defense until some of our guys gel on offense. We all know Anderson can shoot....but he get's out of position on defense too easily right now and I think he needs work on his lateral quickness (which can come) to guard the wing. I think he will become an important part of this program in the next couple years...especially by his junior and senior season I can see him possibly our leading scorer...but right now he just isn't there yet. Also with most freshman their confidence is fragile. A few bad trips on defense...a missed shot...he can get down on himself. I think he was fortunate to see so much playing time early but as guys get healthy I think he will learn watching and really use this next summer to get him a little leaner/quicker and be able to be that offensive spark off the bench next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2018 at 9:30 AM, dgambill said:

Damezi's defense is a liability right now....and it is clear we are hanging our hat on defense until some of our guys gel on offense. We all know Anderson can shoot....but he get's out of position on defense too easily right now and I think he needs work on his lateral quickness (which can come) to guard the wing. I think he will become an important part of this program in the next couple years...especially by his junior and senior season I can see him possibly our leading scorer...but right now he just isn't there yet. Also with most freshman their confidence is fragile. A few bad trips on defense...a missed shot...he can get down on himself. I think he was fortunate to see so much playing time early but as guys get healthy I think he will learn watching and really use this next summer to get him a little leaner/quicker and be able to be that offensive spark off the bench next year.

You can add shot selection and lack of knowledge when it comes to time and score. He hasnt seen a shot he doesnt like. Not his fault, that comes with being the best player on his high school and AAU teams. Archie will teach him and break those bad habits and Damezi will be a great player at IU before he is done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You can add shot selection and lack of knowledge when it comes to time and score. He hasnt seen a shot he doesnt like. Not his fault, that comes with being the best player on his high school and AAU teams. Archie will teach him and break those bad habits and Damezi will be a great player at IU before he is done.

This is the biggest problem with having too many super star freshmen.  That’s one thing I’ll give Cal credit for he (most of the time) gets them to understand what he wants done and gets them to get the ball to who he wants them to.

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

This is the biggest problem with having too many super star freshmen.  That’s one thing I’ll give Cal credit for he (most of the time) gets them to understand what he wants done and gets them to get the ball to who he wants them to.

And what about Bobby in '89?

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Just about every shot Anderson has taken this season has been a better shot than the vast majority that Smith has taken.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Just about every shot Anderson has taken this season has been a better shot than the vast majority that Smith has taken.

Not what Archie has said or what I've seen. Just a difference in opinion. There are two reasons he isnt playing. Bad D and shot selection. Dont know what to tell you.

51 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not what Archie has said or what I've seen. Just a difference in opinion. There are two reasons he isnt playing. Bad D and shot selection. Dont know what to tell you.

This is the way I see it as well -- I like demez a lot, kid can shoot and he could be really good as a soph, but he's a frosh learning the pace of the college game and needs to up his D. I think he gets there, I'm high on him, but Smith is more ready, right now.

• Like 1

Don't expect a commitment this weekend, I'm told. 

That said, I'll be VERY surprised should this go to December 25th (Christmas). 

I was hoping for this weekend but have been told it won't be. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Well guess it was to good to be true

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

I won’t pretend to know how to coach the team better than Archie, but I know I’d personally much rather see Anderson shooting threes than the weak shots Smith has been chucking up this season.

Edit - Defense is another story though, and that’s where Smith is better than Anderson.

Edited by FW_Hoosier
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

So...  You're sayin' there's a chance Santa will be good to Hoosier fans????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

So...  You're sayin' there's a chance Santa will be good to Hoosier fans????

Santa is the best! 🎅 Bring Keion down the chimney! 🔴🔴

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I won’t pretend to know how to coach the team better than Archie, but I know I’d personally much rather see Anderson shooting threes than the weak shots Smith has been chucking up this season.

Edit - Defense is another story though, and that’s where Smith is better than Anderson.

With that said I think Damezi will be a great 4 year guy for us and give us a lot to cheer him for before he is done. Same for Justin, i hope the light goes on for him soon.

• Like 3

Not sure which coaches are attending but a few IU coaches(Archie is attending) will be present for the game tonight for TJD and Brooks. 

Izzo and entire staff at game for Stewart and Brooks. 

Edited by dwtaylor1055
Archie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, china423 said:

Right after a tough win he's already in southport, Love this, Get him Archie!

Edited by CapnRon