How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bilas said on the Fox postgame that the committee isn't looking at injuries the way they have in the past, meaning they aren't really taking them into account this year. Might be a good idea to win these next two and a couple in the BTT just to be sure.

Can't lose to Rutgers or Illinois- obviously.  Can't lose in the opening round of Conference tourney.  I think we'd need to win one more game.  If it's Purdue- I'm not sure this is that far-fetched.  If we finished on a run 6-1 run that included wins over Wisky, MSU, and Purdue- we might be in.  

I think we have a better chance of getting in than most of you think.  If we win 2 of the next 3 and one of them is Rutgers I believe we have a good chance.  We have a lot of quadrant 1 wins and no quadrant 3 or 4 losses.  This is a down year as far as quality teams with there being basically only 5 power conferences with the real possibility that the PAC-12 only sends Washington if they win the PAC-12 tournament.  Being in the Big Ten really helps.  Also having Romeo's name on our roster gives us a big advantage the same way Oklahoma did last year with Trae Young.

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

15-14...some not so good losses, IU will have atleast 15 losses if they dont win out...how can you get an atlarge bid with that many losses.

This is one of the rare years where the system really favors our body of work. When they trot the committee member out to explain the confusing set of selection parameters, you will see.  The graphic with three blind teams and their season metrics will be very telling.  Our overall record may not be impressive, but quad 1 wins vs quad 3/4 losses will be exceptional.  Strength of schedule and road wins will be huge as well. Now we just need to win.

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

We have 6 quad 1 wins. Not too many bible teams will have that

Ok...im watching Houston/Central Florida ,they have some 7'5" guy by the way.  ..and they were talking about CF being a tourney team they are 21-6,when teams like this get in it narrows down the opening for other teams.  Like IU with 14 + losses,happens every year

Archived