How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

I am curious as to how that stacks up against Arizona St., Washington, NC State, Clemson, or some of the other teams perceived to be on the bubble?

We have better - more W’s I believe but obviously have suffered through a long string of losses resulting in an overall worse record. We are the only team with this many Quad wins not already in 

I keep coming back to this.... if they are trying to decide between our resume and some other bubble team.  Do you want a team that is likely to be a lower seed, lose their first game and be done, or do you want a team that, even if a lower seed, has shown they can beat some highly ranked teams and maybe pull off an upset or two?  I’d rather see the latter.   We may lose our first game but we have way more potential than other teams on the bubble to make a run.  

And not that this *should* be a factor but a team like IU who has such a large alumni/fanbase  all over the country would have some appeal I’d think, although I hope they do enough over the next couple of weeks to take the questions out of it.  

23 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

I keep coming back to this.... if they are trying to decide between our resume and some other bubble team.  Do you want a team that is likely to be a lower seed, lose their first game and be done, or do you want a team that, even if a lower seed, has shown they can beat some highly ranked teams and maybe pull off an upset or two?  I’d rather see the latter.   We may lose our first game but we have way more potential than other teams on the bubble to make a run.  

And not that this *should* be a factor but a team like IU who has such a large alumni/fanbase  all over the country would have some appeal I’d think, although I hope they do enough over the next couple of weeks to take the questions out of it.  

LOL! We're you wearing your cream and crimson glasses while you were typing???😉

40 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We might be in a situation where we end up with Minnesota in the 8/9 game and it is essentially a play-in game.

Totally good with matching up with them or OSU (possibly without Wesson). If we can't win a game vs one of them on a neutral floor we don't deserve it. 

Also, if we're that truly that close to being in the field already I feel pretty good about 3 wins and dancing then. 2 regular season plus 2 BTT seems like a lock at this point based on everything I've read. That second BTT win would be a high quad 1 win as well.

Injuries which seemed to be talked about more for the teams that lose to us, are indeed a big part of our season. I still think Hunter ends up starting this year at some point if not disabled. Race misses damn near the whole season, another quality role player that would have been getting significant minutes.  Rob's concussion  regressed his overall game until recently. The starting point guard, so we all know how important he is.  Deron has an injury that lingers for most of the season as well. Big man who when healthy gave us true size that we need down low. Then there is McRoberts, who has on and off injuries. A glue guy who can give a spark off the bench type minutes.  If the committee doesn’t know this they should. Unfortunately we have put our selves in a tough position, if we don’t win the next couple , this won’t matter anyway.

5 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

Injuries which seemed to be talked about more for the teams that lose to us, are indeed a big part of our season. I still think Hunter ends up starting this year at some point if not disabled. Race misses damn near the whole season, another quality role player that would have been getting significant minutes.  Rob's concussion  regressed his overall game until recently. The starting point guard, so we all know how important he is.  Deron has an injury that lingers for most of the season as well. Big man who when healthy gave us true size that we need down low. Then there is McRoberts, who has on and off injuries. A glue guy who can give a spark off the bench type minutes.  If the committee doesn’t know this they should. Unfortunately we have put our selves in a tough position, if we don’t win the next couple , this won’t matter anyway.

I agree 100% however there were 2-3 games in there we still could’ve and should’ve won and had we gotten those we’d be in right now. But I still think we co from our own destiny even without a BTT Title. But the margin is razor thin.

Per NBC...

INDIANA (NET: 58, SOS: 179): Look, I get it. Indiana is 15-14 on the season. They are 6-12 in the Big Ten. They have been a massive disappointment based off of what the expectations were for this team back in November. But after knocking off No. 6 Michigan State in Bloomington on how many teams in all of college basketball can match these five wins: A sweep of Michigan State (6), Wisconsin (15), Marquette (21), Louisville (25). They also won at Penn State (50) and beat Butler (55) on a neutral.

Overall, Indiana is 6-9 in Q1 games. All 14 of their losses have come against Q1 and Q2 competition. And in a year where we are talking about teams without anything even remotely close to a quality win on their resume, Indiana, at the very least, is in the thick of the conversation.

14 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We can finish anywhere from 9th to 13th. What would be the better scenario for IU? Win both of our upcoming games and we'd be at the very least in the Rutgers 10 slot. I know some had said playing on the first day might get us a win, but we've lost to Nebraska and split with Northwestern. PSU has been playing tough lately.

I'd rather skip that 1st day and take our chances facing a wounded OSU team on day 2.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We can finish anywhere from 9th to 13th. What would be the better scenario for IU? Win both of our upcoming games and we'd be at the very least in the Rutgers 10 slot. I know some had said playing on the first day might get us a win, but we've lost to Nebraska and split with Northwestern. PSU has been playing tough lately.

I'd rather skip that 1st day and take our chances facing a wounded OSU team on day 2.

We can't lose another regular season game and still get an at large bid because that would have us at 15 losses going into the BTT.  If we lose in the BTT that would give us 16 losses and I don't see us getting in with that many losses.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We can't lose another regular season game and still get an at large bid because that would have us at 15 losses going into the BTT.  If we lose in the BTT that would give us 16 losses and I don't see us getting in with that many losses.

Sure we could...get to the BTT championship game.  Not probable...but possible.

Archived