How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

37 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I just messed around for a couple minutes and I couldn't find any scenario where we win our next two games and don't finish 8th or 9th. Our opponent will most likely be Minnesota but there are outside chances for it to be Ohio State or Iowa.

I'll take that.  I hate the thought of Purdue winning the B1G, but if we face them on Friday, I think that works in our favor.  It's like the old saying goes, "It's tough to beat the same team three times in one season."  That is also why I'd like to avoid MSU if we can advance a few games.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, rbkl said:

Well after all of that, we are now officially back on the bubble watch. In fact, some national analysts believe we currently have a resume worthy of a tournament bid as it stands.

Regardless, to maximize Indiana's chances. Here is the complete guide:

Indiana Basketball - 2019 NCAA Tournament Berth Cheering Guide

Cheers! (pun intended)

Fantastic!!!

1 hour ago, cohete15 said:

At this point it's all about racking up enough wins to make it reasonable to put us in the tournament. 

We have to win 3 more games, and IMO, Thursday is the biggest game of the year. If we win that...then Sunday...a home game against none other than Rutgers...will be one of the most rowdy atmospheres we've had at Assembly Hall this year. I just absolutely cannot see us losing that game. Then we play a bottom half of the league team in the first game in the BTT...likely a team with not much to play for.

It's ALL about @ Illinois 

The thing that worries me a little about the Rutgers game is that all the students will be on spring break... Should dampen the atmosphere a little.

1 hour ago, AxnJxn said:

A win there would also give them at least a share of the B1G title. Yuck.

We're not winning it, which instantly puts it into the "don't care" category for me.  If the Toiletmakers get a share of a title that we werent' winning anyway, but that win helps our tournament odds.....Boiler the hell up. 

19 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

We're not winning it, which instantly puts it into the "don't care" category for me.  If the Toiletmakers get a share of a title that we werent' winning anyway, but that win helps our tournament odds.....Boiler the hell up. 

I'll treat it like "Dancing with the Stars." Root for the goofs to win, but still make fun of them afterwards.

58 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'll treat it like "Dancing with the Stars." Root for the goofs to win, but still make fun of them afterwards.

I always root for the best looking lady on those shows. Hard to find an intersect point when translating that approach to Purdue.

3 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

Likely, yes. But there's no way to know that, because we don't know how many bid stealers are coming out of the smaller conference tournaments. 

We know it won't be many. There aren't very many teams in smaller conferences that would make it without winning their tournament. 

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We know it won't be many. There aren't very many teams in smaller conferences that would make it without winning their tournament. 

Buffalo and Wofford should still get in if they don't win and Belmont might.  Also you need to hope that Gonzaga doesn't get upset because that is usually a one bid league

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

As precarious as our position seems to be, it doesn't have to be many. 

40 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It's interesting to see the different bracketologists. This is Howie Schwab's bubble. That home loss to OSU really hurt.

Last Four In

120.vresize.20.20.medium.0.png
Clemson (17-12)
381.vresize.20.20.medium.0.png
Murray State (25-4)
443.vresize.20.20.medium.2.png
Ohio State (18-11)
534.vresize.20.20.medium.0.png
St. John's (20-10)

First Four Out

271.vresize.20.20.medium.0.png
Indiana (15-14)
133.vresize.20.20.medium.0.png
Creighton (16-13)
508.vresize.20.20.medium.0.png
Seton Hall (16-12)
220.vresize.20.20.medium.0.png
Furman (24-6)

Of the last four in...

Clemson 1-7 vs top25.  RPI 62

Murray St. 0-1.  RPI 45

Ohio St. 1-6. RPI 67

St. Johns 3-1. RPI 64

IU 4-6. RPI 109

Makes you wonder if the ball bounces just right in a few more games....

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, rbkl said:

Well after all of that, we are now officially back on the bubble watch. In fact, some national analysts believe we currently have a resume worthy of a tournament bid as it stands.

Regardless, to maximize Indiana's chances. Here is the complete guide:

Indiana Basketball - 2019 NCAA Tournament Berth Cheering Guide

Cheers! (pun intended)

I'm going to print this out to follow!  Excellent!

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We are now in the first four out of the bracket matrix:

http://bracketmatrix.com/

image.png.ad844e712244ced06d90eb7d81f518c6.png

image.png.6daf097fb5b3151845e8b0fd228397a3.png

TCU lost today and has to go to Texas could be very good

Minny could very easily lose the next two Maryland and Purdue 

Arizona state plays at Arizona hopefully big bro can help out Archie. 

St John’s play at Xavier who is fighting for their life

Clemson at Notre Dame and host Syracuse difficult but not impossible slate

Alabama hosts auburn and travels to Arkansas not great for us but no cakewalk

Temple at UCONN and at home versus UCF  not the best for us  

Seton Hall has to host both Villanova and Marquette hopefully lose both 

Murray State season finished need them to screw it up in their tourney. Hopefully a day 1 loss 

Looking at this we win 3 more games straight and I think we are in. Not an easy task by any means. 

16 minutes ago, Gohoosier716 said:

Was wondering if anyone with more knowledge than myself on this topic could help me out. 

Is there any possible scenario where we win out and don’t play in the 8/9 matchup?

If Rutgers beats Penn State, and then we beat Rutgers, we'd finish tied for 9th with a season split. Not sure what the 2nd tiebreaker is.

Archived