How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

TCU lost today and has to go to Texas could be very good

Minny could very easily lose the next two Maryland and Purdue 

Arizona state plays at Arizona hopefully big bro can help out Archie. 

St John’s play at Xavier who is fighting for their life

Clemson at Notre Dame and host Syracuse difficult but not impossible slate

Alabama hosts auburn and travels to Arkansas not great for us but no cakewalk

Temple at UCONN and at home versus UCF  not the best for us  

Seton Hall has to host both Villanova and Marquette hopefully lose both 

Murray State season finished need them to screw it up in their tourney. Hopefully a day 1 loss 

Looking at this we win 3 more games straight and I think we are in. Not an easy task by any means. 

Our best bet is to replace TCU. They shouldn't be in the field. They've lost 6 of their last 7 and played a total cupcake non-conference schedule. They currently have a 54 NET vs IU at 55, but I'm not sure how that's possible. Only quality wins are IA ST.

Also have a good shot at replacing AL. 2-4 over last six with only wins against Vandy and S Carolina. Lost to TX A&M. Also played a weak non-conference and lost to GA ST and Northeastern

As Al Davis said, Just win baby

Not sure why Texas is also not being looked at in the same way as us. Somehow they are safely in the tourney while we are the poster boy for how in the heck is this team even on the bubble with this record. As far as I can tell, Big Ten > Big Twelve and we both have several quality wins (you could argue we have more).  

20 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Not sure why Texas is also not being looked at in the same way as us. Somehow they are safely in the tourney while we are the poster boy for how in the heck is this team even on the bubble with this record. As far as I can tell, Big Ten > Big Twelve and we both have several quality wins (you could argue we have more).  

Right now Lunardi has Texas as a 9 seed and I think they are like 16-14 so how is their resume that much better than outs.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Right now Lunardi has Texas as a 9 seed and I think they are like 16-14 so how is their resume that much better than outs.

TX has wins over Purdue, North Carolina and Kansas. But they have losses to Radford, Georgia and OK ST. They beat Ark at home in OT. Lost to Mich ST. Somehow that all adds up to a 33 NET. Don't see it.

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

TX has wins over Purdue, North Carolina and Kansas. But they have losses to Radford, Georgia and OK ST. They beat Ark at home in OT. Lost to Mich ST. Somehow that all adds up to a 33 NET. Don't see it.

Well we hot wins against Marquette, UL, Butler, MSU (2), Wis.  I guess there resume is a little better because our worse losses are NW and Rutgers which is worse than their losses.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well we hot wins against Marquette, UL, Butler, MSU (2), Wis.  I guess there resume is a little better because our worse losses are NW and Rutgers which is worse than their losses.

No, actually GA (102) and Radford (132) are both below Rutgers (98) and NW (95). They lost at home to Radford, which is a Quad 3 loss. Road losses to NW and Rut are Quad 2.

1 hour ago, ArchieBall13 said:

Texas = $$$

So, what if IU wins out and wins the BTT.  

@ Illinois

Rutgers

BTT- at least 3 more wins, maybe four.  2-3 of which would be pretty high quality wins, putting IU on the map as the hottest team in the country going into the tournament.  Winners of 6 or 7 straight, probably 4 wins over ranked teams.  Try seeding that.  

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So, what if IU wins out and wins the BTT.  

@ Illinois

Rutgers

BTT- at least 3 more wins, maybe four.  2-3 of which would be pretty high quality wins, putting IU on the map as the hottest team in the country going into the tournament.  Winners of 6 or 7 straight, probably 4 wins over ranked teams.  Try seeding that.  

I say if we win out and win the BTT that would maybe get us around a 8 seed

6 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

Win next 2 and lose BTT opener: 58%

Win next 2 and 1 BTT: 97%

Win next 2 and 2 BTT: 100%

Lose either of next 2 and must get to BTT finals or win. 

Gregg Sheehen who use to run the tournament was on DD yesterday. HE  said if we lose either one of our last two games that we would have to win the BTT to get into the NCAA tournament.

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Gregg Sheehen who use to run the tournament was on DD yesterday. HE  said if we lose either one of our last two games that we would have to win the BTT to get into the NCAA tournament.

Based on everything I’ve read that sounds right. The quad wins thing is a little over-played. It gets us back in the bubble conversation but a loss to either Illinois or Rutgers is pretty much looking fatal (though NIT almost certain), barring a B1G tourney win. 

Said it before though, it’s a tall order, particularly given the number of games and short turnaround, but we’re now looking like a team that could win the BTT. Wouldn’t that be wild? 

Archived