How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

2 hours ago, HoagieRoll said:

We need to root for Kentucky over Florida, Nova over Seton hall, UCF over temple, BC over nc state, Cuse over Clemson, Arkansas over Bama, Arizona over ASU, and Bucky over the Buckeyes. 

Then of course IU holding serve against Rutgers

I think most if not all of the above games are tomorrow, IU on Sunday 

Per ESPN's bubble watch (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25923557/why-bubble-smaller-think), here is what we need to be looking for this weekend:

Friday

Maryland over Minnesota

Belmont and Murray St in their conference tournament (they are both on the bubble...best case scenario would be for Murray St to lose tonight and Belmont to win the conference tournament on Saturday)

Saturday

BC over NC State

Syracuse over Clemson

Texas over TCU (this is more of a wash, but TCU is lower on the bubble)

Kansas State over Oklahoma

Xavier over St Johns (another wash, but St Johns is ahead of us and Xavier is behind us)

Villanova over Seton Hall

Depaul over Creighton

Marquette over Georgetown

Arizona over Arizona St

Kentucky over Florida

Arkansas over Alabama

UCF over Temple

Furman and Wofford in their conference tournament (need Furman to lose as early as possible and Wofford to win the tournament)

Sunday

Wisconsin over Ohio State

Lipscomb over Liberty in their conference tournament championship

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Prefer we get OSU to be fair 

Same here. We only lost by 3 the last time, when Wesson was playing. I think we'd beat them playing the way we are now, even if Wesson is reinstated. If he's still out, it could get ugly.

20 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Per ESPN's bubble watch (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25923557/why-bubble-smaller-think), here is what we need to be looking for this weekend:

Friday

Maryland over Minnesota

Belmont and Murray St in their conference tournament (they are both on the bubble...best case scenario would be for Murray St to lose tonight and Belmont to win the conference tournament on Saturday)

Saturday

BC over NC State

Syracuse over Clemson

Texas over TCU (this is more of a wash, but TCU is lower on the bubble)

Kansas State over Oklahoma

Xavier over St Johns (another wash, but St Johns is ahead of us and Xavier is behind us)

Villanova over Seton Hall

Depaul over Creighton

Marquette over Georgetown

Arizona over Arizona St

Kentucky over Florida

Arkansas over Alabama

UCF over Temple

Furman and Wofford in their conference tournament (need Furman to lose as early as possible and Wofford to win the tournament)

Sunday

Wisconsin over Ohio State

Lipscomb over Liberty in their conference tournament championship

Forgot to say earlier. Thank you very much for posting this. Makes my Saturday map much easier to follow. 

I think we're in the driver's seat -- in that we likely do "control our own destiny" over the course of the next 2, maybe 3 games. 

At this point with the W's we've racked up, I don't think they can leave IU out if we win the next 2 -- and certainly not if we win the next 3. Absolutely have to get the W at home against Rutgers, after that, a first-round tourney win should do it, imo, and a 2nd win in the BTT would seal it.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think we're in the driver's seat -- in that we likely do "control our own destiny" over the course of the next 2, maybe 3 games. 

At this point with the W's we've racked up, I don't think they can leave IU out if we win the next 2 -- and certainly not if we win the next 3. Absolutely have to get the W at home against Rutgers, after that, a first-round tourney win should do it, imo, and a 2nd win in the BTT would seal it.

Agreed. I think a lot of dominoes would have to fall for us to need to win 2 in the tourney. I could see us in Dayton though which frankly between locals and IU fans traveling would basically be a home game. 

1 hour ago, HoosierJax said:

Murry St will get at large bid if they dont win

I wouldn’t bet on it. Their net is 52 which puts them behind us. They are 0-1 in quad 1 games, 0-2 in quad 2 games, 3-1 in quad 3 games, and 19-0 in quad 4 games. 

If our quality of wins puts us in the conversation, their lack there of has to take them out. The only thing they have going for them is quantity of wins, but most of those are quad 4. 

13 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Jerry Palm moved us up to 11th team out.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

I was looking at this one and I have no idea what he's doing.  He has us listed as 11th on the bubble teams, but after the first two they are just listed in alphabetical order.  Half the bubble teams are actually listed in his bracket.  St. Mary's isn't even listed on the bubble yet they are in his first four out (presumably ahead of us).  Looking at that makes my head hurt.  Purdue education at it's finest 😉

This is the current meaningful part of the NET standings through yesterday. Don't know how OSU picked up 2 spots yesterday:

Current Previous        
49 51   Ohio St. Big Ten 18-12
50 50   Indiana Big Ten 16-14
51 52   Nebraska Big Ten 15-15
52 48   Murray St. OVC 26-4
53 53   TCU Big 12 18-12
54 54   Creighton Big East 17-13
55 56   Temple AAC 22-8
56 55   Minnesota Big Ten 19-12
57 57   Alabama SEC 17-13
58 58   UNC Greensboro SoCon 26-5
59 60   Toledo MAC 25-6