How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well a 1th seed but have to remember the head of this site is an IU alum and is sometimes on  Assembly Call.  If this is the case we would be matchup with UL again.

He's also been one of the most accurate over the past five years. Everyone has bias, but I'll trust the guy with a track record. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also noticed that if we beat UL in the first game we probably would be matched up with 3 seed Houston and Kelvin Sampson unless Houston loses to 14 seed Montana.

Followed by some combination of Syracuse/Buffalo/another rematch with UM, and then North Carolina. 

All in all, I'd take it. 

I wonder if the NCAA would try to set up a matchup between us and Houston. I mean, there would be a natural storyline there, but it's also a scandalous storyline involving  cheating, and I'm not sure that's what you want the focus to be on.

Now a potential matchup with Kentucky, that's almost a guarantee. 

1 minute ago, AxnJxn said:

I wonder if the NCAA would try to set up a matchup between us and Houston. I mean, there would be a natural storyline there, but it's also a scandalous storyline involving  cheating, and I'm not sure that's what you want the focus to be on.

Now a potential matchup with Kentucky, that's almost a guarantee. 

The way the seedings could work, running into both is entirely realistic. 

I'd rather just win Thursday and not have to figure this out anymore. However I'll contribute to the thread. Looking at the data and data alone. We are in right now. Probably a 10 seed. If we have a close loss on Thursday...I could still see a play in game in Dayton. Again this is just data. Of course when the committee sits down that's the bias/human element we all hate showing it's colors. 

If it's just data. We're in. 

We should still be good but this is why I hate Conference tournaments.  Let’s reward a bad team for winning a few games.

And yes Vitale is awful. Gotta love a guy who takes a shot at IU and Texas and brings up how good St Mary’s is while mentioning they lost by 50 in the next breath

Archived