How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

We should still be good but this is why I hate Conference tournaments.  Let’s reward a bad team for winning a few games.

And yes Vitale is awful. Gotta love a guy who takes a shot at IU and Texas and brings up how good St Mary’s is while mentioning they lost by 50 in the next breath

Well, without the B10 Tourney we’d certainly be NIT bound.

1 hour ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Gonzaga always has good to elite bigs and wings but their guards always seem to be just ok in my bourbon fueled opinion.

🤷‍♂️

Meh, they have some pretty good guards. They got a couple of good ones this year.  But they are most known for their bigs and wings, grant you that...bourbon or not!

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Meh, they have some pretty good guards. They got a couple of good ones this year.  But they are most known for their bigs and wings, grant you that...bourbon or not!

Admit first game I seen all yr by the #1 team in the Country!  I saw the # 1 team in the Country get beat by 10 pts to a St Mary’s team and their back court was a non factor.  #1 team in America I remind you gainst St freaking Mary’s.  It’s a SHAME this Hoosier team has to prove itself just to make it meanwhile less talented gets praise for a weak schedule.  Gonzaga is a decent team, just not a great team and we all saw this before they entered that weak conference schedule.

1 minute ago, BornHoosier said:

Admit first game I seen all yr by the #1 team in the Country!  I saw the # 1 team in the Country get beat by 10 pts to a St Mary’s team and their back court was a non factor.  #1 team in America I remind you gainst St freaking Mary’s.  It’s a SHAME this Hoosier team has to prove itself just to make it meanwhile less talented gets praise for a weak schedule.  Gonzaga is a decent team, just not a great team and we all saw this before they entered that weak conference schedule.

Meh, their backcourt sucked tonight.  No doubt.  They shouldn't have lost.  No doubt.  I think their #1 seed is in jeopardy right now.  They got dominated.

What does it take to see this IU team suffered from serious injuries to key personnel to know that we are a tournament team when healthy?  RP means the world to us and Deron Davis gives us that solid front court depth along with Race we haven’t seen until now.  To think that 32 other teams will potentially make it over us makes me sick with the way we been playing while healthy.  Can’t they overlook our losses while hurting and concentrate on the quad 1 wins along with the present play?  I guess if we’re really that good, beat OS and WI and remove all doubt.  

6 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Zags are trash.  I got a chance to see them up close at a game out west a few weeks ago and wasn’t very impressed.

My nephew goes there so I've watched a few games. I told him I'm tired of these fake lofty schedule driven rankings for the Zags. Been going on for years

Just my opinon.  Gonzaga losing just shows how fake their record actually is. Could actually make the argument this is why we want bad conferences out because the play is so poor.

Well, as usual for this season, nothing is going to come easy.

But, that's what I love about this particular team. We've watched a lot of recent teams (not all, but a lot) that either faded, coasted or collapsed down the stretch. This team hasn't quit punching, and have only just come into their own down the stretch. If we make it in, we're going to be "that" team that nobody wants as a first round draw.

Archived