How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we make the tourney. What fan wouldn’t want their team in there.

do I believe fairly we DESERVE to be in there? No. You can’t flake out as long as we did and hit it hot at the end and yell “that’s enough! We’re back now!” You made your bed. Lay in it. It’s hard because ALL of us know what we are capabale of when at our best but our boys CHOSE to be divided and allow petty crap and immaturity wreck their season. Now if we are blessed with a bid great. I hope we make the most of it. If we don’t there is ABSOLUTELY NO ONE IN THR WORLD TO BLAME, except themselves. 

Romeo when you leave for the NBA remember that when you’re 1.5 games in the lead of the 8th spot in the NBA regular season fighting for that last spot.

If you’re one of the players, remember that when a chick hits on you and your hormones want something you know will fracture the team.

when you have an immature dad who wants to spout off, remember that.

when you think you’re more important than what the coaching staff is selling as far as a scheme...remember that.

when you’re fighting for a promotion and so are others and it’s 3months away and it’s 5:30pm on a Friday and there’s stuff that needs to be wrapped up...remember that.

If you don’t make it in you didn’t NOT make it in today, you didn’t make it in mid winter when childish division was more important than long term success and glory. 

2 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I honestly hope your optimism is spot on and I’m wrong but I think we will just have to agree to disagree.

To be fair I don't think we will make it, I just don't think it's 100% certain at this point. I think we have a 10-20% chance. 

I get the frustration of losing today, and we all know what our overall record is, but until the committee decides and gives explanations,  we won't know for sure. When you look at the good wins and bad losses of the other bubble teams, I still think we have a shot if those teams lose today. Heck, stick us in the play-in game to prove that we deserve it. 

I just want all the people on here who are trying to convince themselves that we deserve a spot to look at our record. If this record belonged to anyone else we would be making fun of them. It was a bad season where the team did not meet expectations. Injuries played a role for sure but we were not a good team. 

I do not think our coaching at any point was elite. Without the so called crean players that so many people have b#$%"!# about we get blown out of the water these last 5 games. 

Romeo had a good season for a freshman but he was far from the hype. 

I still cant believe all the people that think we have a chance. Smh

12 minutes ago, Riverrat said:

I just want all the people on here who are trying to convince themselves that we deserve a spot to look at our record. If this record belonged to anyone else we would be making fun of them. It was a bad season where the team did not meet expectations. Injuries played a role for sure but we were not a good team. 

I do not think our coaching at any point was elite. Without the so called crean players that so many people have b#$%"!# about we get blown out of the water these last 5 games. 

"lighten' up Francis"

18 minutes ago, Riverrat said:

You can't look at us in a vacuum. Sure, we have a shaky resume but so does every other bubble team. Who out of Creighton, Clemson, ASU, Texas, etc. can you say for sure deserves it over us? What makes their records not suck?

This team really doesn't deserve a spot after today.  There is not much of an argument to be made anymore.  Indiana basketball has become a mockery.  I hope Archie can get this figured out.  Next year has to be better.  I dont know how much more of this (as in the last 2 decades) the fanbase and program can tolerate before IU basketball is just a footnote about Bob Knight. 

2 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

This team really doesn't deserve a spot after today.  There is not much of an argument to be made anymore.  Indiana basketball has become a mockery.  I hope Archie can get this figured out.  Next year has to be better.  I dont know how much more of this (as in the last 2 decades) the fanbase and program can tolerate before IU basketball is just a footnote about Bob Knight. 

It isn't about rather or not this team deserves it in a vacuum. 68 teams have to make it; name the 68 teams that deserve it over us..... 

Archived