How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

It isn't about rather or not this team deserves it in a vacuum. 68 teams have to make it; name the 68 teams that deserve it over us..... 

I do not have the energy to do that.  To me it's not necessarily about making the tourney or not but about hope in the continued improvement in the product on the floor.  Ohio St is not a very good team.  We had our chance and we didn't seize it.  Really disappointing.  Especially after it appeared this team had figured something out. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

I do not have the energy to do that.  To me it's not necessarily about making the tourney or not but about hope in the continued improvement in the product on the floor.  Ohio St is not a very good team.  We had our chance and we didn't seize it.  Really disappointing.  Especially after it appeared this team had figured something out. 

If it isn't about making the tournament then don't post in a thread specifically about us making the tournament. If your intent was just to complain about the team there are plenty of other threads that your point fits better in. 

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

It isn't about rather or not this team deserves it in a vacuum. 68 teams have to make it; name the 68 teams that deserve it over us..... 

Actually it is 36 at large teams that get picked so the question is there 36 teams above IU that deserves a bid.

9 hours ago, BGleas said:

Just depressing, if IU doesn’t make it, barring a grad transfer, there won’t be a single player on the roster that’s ever played in an NCAA Tournament game. 

That's a question for Fred Glass this summer when he does his BS fundraising/statewide tours. I plan on asking him when they come to Indy. Barring the weakest bubble in history....IU will have missed the tourney 6 of last 10 years. Given what we have at our disposal from talent in this state, coverage, facilities.....seems like we would have to try to do this poorly over the last decade. Something has to change. 

19 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Both are saying 3/14 but no time stamp. I will say none of the 4 first outs on Bracket Matrix did not anything to jump us as an 11th seed. 

Thanks, it was a good night since a lot of the bubble teams lost last night but the bad thing so did we.

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's a question for Fred Glass this summer when he does his BS fundraising/statewide tours. I plan on asking him when they come to Indy. Barring the weakest bubble in history....IU will have missed the tourney 6 of last 10 years. Given what we have at our disposal from talent in this state, coverage, facilities.....seems like we would have to try to do this poorly over the last decade. Something has to change. 

To make it even more crazy, we're a season away from those 10 years not including any of Crean's first 3 years. So, 9 out of those 10 years are the program at essentially full strength. 

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

To make it even more crazy, we're a season away from those 10 years not including any of Crean's first 3 years. So, 9 out of those 10 years are the program at essentially full strength. 

I almost find myself thinking Knight is/was even greater than I thought....if that's possible. When I used to listen to Dakich he mentioned some of the clowns down at IU near or around the program. Maybe he's right.  

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think the problem goes away above Glass and I think you need to look at the president and the BOT for the problems of the program.  I think McRobbie is trying to limit sports and how they are perceived at IU and don't want sports being bigger than the University.  The person I blame the most for our problems is the former president who insisted we hire Sampson as the coach.  If our AD at the time had his way I heard our coach would have been John Belein.

56 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think the only way we would get in at this point is if the committee put an enourmous amount of weight to our injuries.  

I'll ask you the same question all the other chicken littles have failed to answer; why do other at large teams like Texas, Creighton, Clemson, etc. deserve to get in more than us?

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think the problem goes away above Glass and I think you need to look at the president and the BOT for the problems of the program.  I think McRobbie is trying to limit sports and how they are perceived at IU and don't want sports being bigger than the University.  The person I blame the most for our problems is the former president who insisted we hire Sampson as the coach.  If our AD at the time had his way I heard our coach would have been John Belein.

If your take is right about wanting to limit sports and not wanting them to be bigger than the university then that is a severe miscalculation.  Sports would only add to brand recognition.  There are so many universities I wouldnt know existed if not for the sports programs.

I will be beyond stunned if we make the NCAA tournament.   Hope I am wrong,  there might be a slight chance we get one of the play-in games.  

More than likely we are NIT (Not Invited,  Not Interested, whatever acronym you want) bound.  Really disappointing way for Morgan to finish out a really solid career. 

I feel more optimistic about the football team right now.   I think there's a better chance we see IUFB playing in a bowl game than seeing IUBB playing in the NCAA tournament in the next year. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Then who is getting into the field?

I'm saying I agree with you. Those teams don't deserve to get in over IU. I think IU should be an 11 or play-in. I won't be surprised if it happens. We actually got some help by teams losing for once. 

We have a chance(not sure how much of a chance) due to the fact that in regards to our quad 1 wins, no bad quad 3 or quad 4 loses, they take into consideration injuries to teams and how it might reflect the outcome.  I would HAVE to think that with Hunter out for all season, Race out 3/4th of the season and Rob out for a month has to prove to the committee that we would have at least 2 more wins had the injuries not occurred.  Those 3 are significant to this program.   If you add in DeRon Davis, he missed 5 games(I am not sure how many games a kid has to have missed in order for the committee to consider injuries prevented the outcome of a team in the win/loss column) I heard this on the radio with JMV either yesterday or Wednesday evening. 

Archived