How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moments ago on the radio, Dan Dakich(I know how everyone hates Dan) stated that a guy by the name of Gregg Shaheen(Sr vice president of basketball and business strategies for the NCAA) said even though IU lost yesterday, there is still a good possibility IU gets into the tournament.  The committee as of last night(yes lots of games were played yesterday evening and lots of games left today/tonight and tomorrow) were watching lots of tape of games, including games of IU. 

What does this mean?  I have no idea, do not know who this Gregg Shaheen guy that Dan is talking about, however if it is true that IU is still in the discussion per Gregg assuming he has close ties to the committee board, I would be ecstatic

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Moments ago on the radio, Dan Dakich(I know how everyone hates Dan) stated that a guy by the name of Gregg Shaheen(Sr vice president of basketball and business strategies for the NCAA) said even though IU lost yesterday, there is still a good possibility IU gets into the tournament.  The committee as of last night(yes lots of games were played yesterday evening and lots of games left today/tonight and tomorrow) were watching lots of tape of games, including games of IU. 

What does this mean?  I have no idea, do not know who this Gregg Shaheen guy that Dan is talking about, however if it is true that IU is still in the discussion per Gregg assuming he has close ties to the committee board, I would be ecstatic

Here is Greg's bio. 

34 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

yes DD just said again going to break, news of the day IU not out of NCAA yet.

39 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

This guy will be on DD at 1pm

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I hate all of you for giving me this small glimmer of hope which against all my better judgement I will let blossom too far just to likely leave me crushed on Sunday when I shouldn't be because I know better.  You guys are real pals.  

That's what we do! :cheers:

20 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Go Sparty🤢

More like go Badgers.  OSU is in before us.  What we don't need is a Nebraska team that beat us and has a similar overall record to continue to win.  The Huskers can play the injury card as well.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

More like go Badgers.  OSU is in before us.  What we don't need is a Nebraska team that beat us and has a similar overall record to continue to win.  The Huskers can play the injury card as well.

I agree but MSU winning the BIG tourney title should help our NET. I'll be rooting for Wisconsin too.....then I'll go throw up

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

He use to be the guy in charge of the tournament and he is the most knowledgeable guy to listen to when it comes to this stuff.

18 minutes ago, Indykev said:

He said IU still being talked about in the 30 teams for 4 spots. Said all teams has flaws but IU stands out with 6 quad 1 wins and no bad losses. He did say doesnt mean they will get in. IU now 53 in the net moving up 2 spots after losing.

DD asked him yes or no, IU in or out if he was guessing, He said Out.

52 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I hate all of you for giving me this small glimmer of hope which against all my better judgement I will let blossom too far just to likely leave me crushed on Sunday when I shouldn't be because I know better.  You guys are real pals.  

Story of my life. I will be intentionally disinterested/negative from here on out so I don't get my hopes up again lol...I know it's weird, but at least I admit it :)

Archived