How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If we are out 'right now', I'm not sure how are resume is supposed to improve to get us in considering we don't have any more games.  

Only way that happens is teams that we beat keep winning and our wins look better.  Although VCU losing is a killer

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Moments ago on the radio, Dan Dakich(I know how everyone hates Dan) stated that a guy by the name of Gregg Shaheen(Sr vice president of basketball and business strategies for the NCAA) said even though IU lost yesterday, there is still a good possibility IU gets into the tournament.  The committee as of last night(yes lots of games were played yesterday evening and lots of games left today/tonight and tomorrow) were watching lots of tape of games, including games of IU. 

What does this mean?  I have no idea, do not know who this Gregg Shaheen guy that Dan is talking about, however if it is true that IU is still in the discussion per Gregg assuming he has close ties to the committee board, I would be ecstatic

Hey guys first post. Long time lurker. Just thought I would add that Gregg is a nice guy and an IU alum. We were in the same fraternity back in the day (late 1980’s).

Glad to see an IU guy doing well. If anyone has our back he would. 

Cheers from Birmingham! 

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

There are always, always, always 2-3 surprises and head scratchers.  A case can certainly be made with our wins and injuries.  Go MSU.  

We have a very positive differentiator with the Quad 1 wins. I feel like when your looking at 8 flawed candidates you look for who has the best positive? 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We have a very positive differentiator with the Quad 1 wins. I feel like when your looking at 8 flawed candidates you look for who has the best positive? 

A win tomorrow for MSU and we may just be the 2nd team in the country with 2 wins against a one seed.  Us and UNC.  And possibly Duke if Virginia sticks with a one seed.  

Archived