How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be very interesting to see and hear what the committee places the most value on. If they value the most quad 1 wins, and fewest quad 3 and 4 losses, we have a chance. Strength of schedule also benefits us. If they also consider injury impact, another good sign. If they emphasize overall record, and focus on our embarrassing stretch, we're toast.

Sad that we're even in this position,  and our chances are slim, but we could be the darlings of the current metrics. With the conference bias of ESPN, we won't know until it is announced.  

I have a glimmer of hope.  That's more than the last 2 years.   Just think a missed tip in(Arkansas) or a missed FT(every loss pretty much) or a Bohannon circus 3 is the difference in us dancing.

Hopefully this will be the last year we ever have to sweat out the bubble.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I would love to see us get in, but I have to admit, there's part of me that doesn't want it to happen.

First, I don't think we deserve it.  I don't think 17-15 (8-12) and ending the season going 5-13 ever deserves to be in the tournament.  For as big of a disappointment as this season was, I don't think our players and coaches deserve to make the big dance.

Second, I always like seeing the some of the smaller conferences get teams in.  I'd rather see a 26-5 Belmont team get in over a team that finished in the bottom half of a big conference.  That doesn't just go for us, but for some of the other bubble teams too.  Oklahoma, OSU, IU, to a lesser extent Florida.  I'd much rather see VCU, Belmont, Lipscomb, UNC Greensboro over those teams.  I can't change my way of thinking just because we happen to be in that group this year.

I really don't think we'll make it though.

IU team sheet

Team sheets for all teams

image.thumb.png.d3480f6083ec873bf5a5d23e13c6dc44.png

I think our biggest problem is not overall record, but how we played the second half of the season. Overall record is somewhat defensible considering we played 21 B1G games, plus multiple high level non conf opponents. But, we are 6-13 since Jan 1. I can't see the committee rewarding that. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong.

Archived