How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree with this, but there are going to be teams that get in with as many flaws as us. The bubble sucks this year. 

Yeah, this is where I am.

I don’t get the feeling we make it, but, much has been made about the selection committee valuing to a greater degree quantity of quality wins versus bad quality losses this season. If that truly is something that adds greater to the discussion than in years past, one would have to assume a team like IU should be looked at as more deserving than a bulk of mid majors with 20+ wins devoid of quality. 

If if that is weighted heavily enough AND the plethora of injuries we had to endure are discussed enough, it’s tough to tell what the outcome could be.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not grasping for straws for this IU squad. They have had their issues which have came to light albeit a little too late. However, they have shown the ability to compete at a somewhat high level all things considered. Crimson lenses aside, I believe this team has the ability to pull off a couple wins and potentially an upset depending on both who the opponent is and which IU squad shows up.

The B1G has been a brutal conference this year. So, here’s my question -  How many of those “bubble” teams could survive in the B1G while maintaining the same level of NCAA tournament worth?

Lets use TCU Horned Frogs for example. Take a look at their schedule. Yet they are projected last 4 in. They could surprise me and compete with mid to lower level SEC or PAC 12 teams but I can see them consistently being destroyed by B1G & ACC bottom feeders.

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

1.  I hate being on the bubble. 

2.  If we aren’t going to make it, I would almost prefer it be obvious to avoid this sense of hope that I know better than to have. 

So you’d prefer not to have the committee tell us Texas was last team in and we’re first team out?? 😂

Well, now I'm quietly hoping they get in.  And regarding the above twitter graphic.  Fans like the guy who responded to the tweet really get under my skin.  If anything IU deserves it more than the few other teams they'd be competing against for the play-in game.  I'm not going to be upset if they don't get in, they had plenty of chances to secure a bid, but playing 20 games in the toughest conference while being literally decimated by injuries and securing the quad 1 record they have, I'd have a huge problem saying IU doesn't deserve it.

5 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Where is he getting this rumors stuff?  The committee is pretty tight lipped. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to concoct a story about how the first four are quietly told to start making plans for Dayton since the turnaround is so short. Then reality sets back in. 

BBAA3F50-2681-430A-8955-781B389CF480.png

I heard Chris Reynolds’ wife is looking at homes in Bloomington today.

I would love to see us play in Dayton (never thought I’d say that). But would love to see 2 12 seed play in games where they match a mid-finishing power conference team like us against a small school like Belmont.  For all the arguments around who deserves it more let them play it out and decide on the floor.  

Archived