How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

Don’t mean it as having anything to do IU not getting in, even when number seed I felt this way.  I know lots of other people DONT have a problem with it, but I have NEVER liked teams NOT “in” top 64 getting in.  I know there isn’t an exact science to knowing who the real top 64 teams are, but I still don’t agree with some bad conferences champion getting in over actual “Good” teams.

Sort of like the all star games that HAVE to have someone from every team, etc.  

Will always feel that way too.  Just wanted to get that out of my head 😄

I would rather be in REAL Tourney but am glad I should be able to watch IU play some more this year😊  Next year seems too far away to wait to watch them some more.  

Now back to the family, Dad’s 73rd.      

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

No way around it. This season was a bust, we’ll see how Archie regroups. 

I mean we had a golden opportunity against OSU and headed into the game with 4 game winning streak. It was arguably the most important game of the season and played like sh!t for 30 minutes. I don't even know how that was possible. 

Sad thing is I cant even expect we'd do well in the NIT. NIT is usually for teams like Penn state, Rutgers, Nebraska world. They do well because they're so excited to extend their seasons. For them, NIT can be seen as success. But for this year's IU? Not at all. They'd probably come out flat again because they were defeted and disappointed. And the selection committee would think 'thank God we didn't include IU 'cause they're really not a good enough team.'

So demoralizing.  Yet another Selection Sunday goes by without IU.  I don’t blame the committee, I blame the team and coach.  We lost 12/13 at one point.  We didn’t show up for the OSU game until 6 minutes left.  We had our chances.

And it’s hard to blame injuries when we were the healthiest we have been all year for the BTT, and mailed it in for most of the game.  I wish I was more optimistic for next year, but I am not.  I hope I am wrong.

I can't believe they actually said that they looked at overall record over NET and Quad wins. They literally just said, "the standards we published aren't real. Sorry to the teams who scheduled like they are, we know we cost you a ton of money by missing the tournament." 

Based off of resumes, I believe IU should have been in the tournament.

The committee didn't base things off of resume, unfortunately, like we were led to believe they would.

That said, we lost SO many games we should have won. Arkansas, @ Maryland, @ Northwestern, @ Rutgers, Iowa, @ Iowa, Ohio State, Purdue. That's 8 games where we couldn't figure it out. Call it bad luck, or call it injuries...it's really just pretty soft by everyone in the program, and I am a very positive IU guy.

1 minute ago, cohete15 said:

Based off of resumes, I believe IU should have been in the tournament.

The committee didn't base things off of resume, unfortunately, like we were led to believe they would.

That said, we lost SO many games we should have won. Arkansas, @ Maryland, @ Northwestern, @ Rutgers, Iowa, @ Iowa, Ohio State, Purdue. That's 8 games where we couldn't figure it out. Call it bad luck, or call it injuries...it's really just pretty soft by everyone in the program, and I am a very positive IU guy.

I don't think we passed the eye test...And losing 12 straight was big.  We looked like a very mediocre team...And lacking passion, at times.  Just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Don’t lose 12 of 13 games. Win what was essentially a play-in game vs OSU instead of looking checked out for 35 mins. This team didn’t deserve an NCAA invitation. 

Yeah, we didn't, but neither did some of the teams who got some over us... which somehow makes it even more frustrating.

I had no problem with IU not in it....but saint johns?? ASU?? Something tells me even if we beat OSU we wouldn’t have made it in with those selections. All I got to say is we should never be worried about automatic births taking spots that might be ours. Guys if we are ever on the bubble again we really need to analyze what is wrong with the program.

Just now, dgambill said:

I had no problem with IU not in it....but saint johns?? ASU?? Something tells me even if we beat OSU we wouldn’t have made it in with those selections. All I got to say is we should never be worried about automatic births taking spots that might be ours. Guys if we are ever on the bubble again we really need to analyze what is wrong with the program.

That's where I am, too. And we were the fourth team out, so not THAT close to where one more win puts us in. I think we really would have needed two more, which is a complete joke. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So my big takeaway from that is Duke still got a 1, because Zion is back and they are a different team with him, but IU doesn't get to have our injuries factored in? 

Yeah...it’s like the favorites get the benefit of the doubt if they have injuries. Michigan and MSU both 2 seeds..just because Matthews and Ward are back.Yet when IU was at full health we finished 4 of 5.

Archived