How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

ESPN seemed to suggest today that 8-10 probably gets OSU in.  Beat MSU and Illinois and we might just squeak in.  Unlikely but still possible as hard as it is to believe.

You feeling ok? That sounded borderline....optimistic.  🤣

Here's one thing people and hopefully committee realizes. When Big 10 expanded from 18 conference games to 20 we essentially took 2  easy wins away from Big 10 Coaches. This isn't a debate on that. I like the schedule. My point is this....20 wins used to be auto lock for tourney. Well is 18 wins the new 20 because we took away 2 guarantees by playing expanded conference schedules?

Past few days all I hear about IU is this. Don't be surprised if they get in. They have all those Quad 1 wins. No Quad 3/4 losses. The fact we're still in the discussion is positive I guess. 

15 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Everyone remember 2016-17? When that team hit the skids, we knew it was over. I don't get that feeling with this team.

Totally agree. After that Minny game, this team could've just mailed in the rest of the season, but something seems to have clicked a bit since then, especially on the defensive end. 

10 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

You feeling ok? That sounded borderline....optimistic.  🤣

Well not really but there's still an outside shot which seems unbelievable given that we lost 12 of 13.  But possible.  Most likely we beat Rutgers and split between MSU and Illinois although we could easily lose both.  We probably have to win the B1G tourney to make it in.

11 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

ESPN seemed to suggest today that 8-10 probably gets OSU in.  Beat MSU and Illinois and we might just squeak in.  Unlikely but still possible as hard as it is to believe.

Since we play 20 conference games then you can't finish 8-10

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Everyone remember 2016-17? When that team hit the skids, we knew it was over. I don't get that feeling with this team.

IIRC, Crean's teams had the tendency to wear down, wear out, as the season came to an end.

Not seeing that this year. Kids played the last few games as hard as I have seen them play this season.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:56 PM, rogue3542 said:

I really think we only have to win 4 more games in any combination without losing to Rutgers at home.  We would be the best bubble team in terms of quality wins and SOS.  Beat Illinois and Rutgers, and win two in the BTT - in.  Win out and win one in the BTT - in.  Beat Rutgers, lose to Illinois and MSU, but win 3 in the BTT - in. Lose out - we have to win BTT, obviously haha.

That sounds about right to me. I think people here are undervaluing our good wins and lack of bad losses. 

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Let's just win the BTT and shut the debate down. 

And again, if we're going to fantasyland, I'd also like commitments from Brooks, Watford and a Ferrari F550 Barchetta with Kate Mara in the passenger seat.

I think if not mistaken you would be getting Kate with child I believe,not that its a deal breaker but...

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think if not mistaken you would be getting Kate with child I believe,not that its a deal breaker but...

A) Apparently you follow my celebri-crush more than I do.  😛

B) Is that a deal breaker? To quote Kevin Garnett: "Hell nah! That's H-E-L-L-N-A-H. Nah!"

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A) Apparently you follow my celebri-crush more than I do.  😛

B) Is that a deal breaker? To quote Kevin Garnett: "Hell nah! That's H-E-L-L-N-A-H. Nah!"

Actually no, I just felt really old and out of touch for not knowing her so I googled and that was first thing that popped up.  

Archived