How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Same here.  Well, similar anyway.  I think tomorrow's loser is out.  Winner still has a pretty good chance, but there's a lot of dice that are still tumbling. 

Lunardi now has both OSU & IU in first four out. Still has TX and St Johns in last four byes. ?????

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Except he hasn’t filled a niche at all.  Averaged 9 mpg, 2 ppg, and 1 rpg and shot 16% from three and 28% overall in conference games, on top of playing terrible defense.  Wasn’t even an upgrade over Tim Priller.

Who knows who we could’ve got otherwise, but if he would’ve been able to provide literally anything, we’re probably not on the bubble right now.

True, but all of his numbers suggested he'd be better. It was a low risk/high reward strategy that didn't pan out. Kinda harsh to say it was a waste as that seems a more personal attack on the kid. I can understand disappointment but it's not one we have to live with long term. For all we know, the scholarship could've sat the unused.

Here is the thing....if you can’t show you can be competitive with quad 1 teams which is what you will face in the tourney than why put you in. They want drama and upsets and teams that can get on a roll. We’ve had two significant winning streaks and several quad 1 wins. We take care of business against OSU we should be in.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Not saying I disagree, but much like Vitale, Seth is a huge "pro Mid-Major" guy. 

Yeah...that's the theme from those guys.  "Put the mid-majors in over the Power 5 middle of the pack teams.  They're more deserving and everybody loves David and Goliath."  Vitale yelling no one with 13, 14, 15 losses should be in the tournament.

3 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I have a feeling we're going to have to win our tournament to get into the ncaa.  Hope I'm wrong for our guys sake.  Just don't feel good about the media's comments.

Why do you feel that way?

I think we are on the bubble even if we lose tomorrow.  If we win, we are in.  Everything after that is seeding.

7 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Why do you feel that way?

I think we are on the bubble even if we lose tomorrow.  If we win, we are in.  Everything after that is seeding.

When I hear the talking heads at espn slamming the Power 5 conferences and their middle of the pack teams, it causes me to think how the committee might agree.  You believe we're in if we beat OSU.  I simply have room for doubt.  As I said earlier, i hope that I'm wrong.

Archived