How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

We have a chance(not sure how much of a chance) due to the fact that in regards to our quad 1 wins, no bad quad 3 or quad 4 loses, they take into consideration injuries to teams and how it might reflect the outcome.  I would HAVE to think that with Hunter out for all season, Race out 3/4th of the season and Rob out for a month has to prove to the committee that we would have at least 2 more wins had the injuries not occurred.  Those 3 are significant to this program.   If you add in DeRon Davis, he missed 5 games(I am not sure how many games a kid has to have missed in order for the committee to consider injuries prevented the outcome of a team in the win/loss column) I heard this on the radio with JMV either yesterday or Wednesday evening. 

I am not sure they'll consider Hunter since he won't play in the tournament. I think Deron, Rob, Devonte and Zach have all had really impactful injuries. Our record in games Deron couldn't go more than 7 minutes was like 1-7. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

I was starting to get positive,until yesterday...they are just not a tournament team,Regardless of quads and metrics.

Then who is? 68 teams have to make it. Instead of being lazy and negative put some thought into and explain why teams like Texas, Clemson, Creighton and St John's should get in instead of IU. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Then who is? 68 teams have to make it. Instead of being lazy and negative put some thought into and explain why teams like Texas, Clemson, Creighton and St John's should get in instead of IU. 

Well Lunardi has us in his last four out and he has Florida, NC St, TCU and Belmont as the last four in.  He also has these as the last 4 byes ASU, OSU, Temple and St. Johns.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well Lunardi has us in his last four out and he has Florida, NC St, TCU and Belmont as the last four in.  He also has these as the last 4 byes ASU, OSU, Temple and St. Johns.

Lunardi also doesn't know how the committee is going to look at things this year.  New system in place.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just responding to a poster who wanted names of teams that could be picked before IU

That's not at all what I asked for. I am well aware of who the other bubble teams are. I asked why those teams should get in over us? Lunardi saying it doesn't mean anything, he's demonstrably average at his job. 

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Arizona St.,Ohio St,Alabama all needed to win games in there conference tournament and did,Ohio St beat Indiana,who needed to win but didnt,which allowed a team like Belmont to slide in...if IU gets in it will be by the grace of the basketball gods....no team with 15 losses has ever gotten in,nor do they deserve to 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I'll ask you the same question all the other chicken littles have failed to answer; why do other at large teams like Texas, Creighton, Clemson, etc. deserve to get in more than us?

I don't think they do.  But, the committee will likely reward a mid-major that had a great season (like Belmont) or fall back on the archaic comparison of W/L and give the spot to a team like Clemson.

I am not saying we shouldn't be one of the 68 given the makeup of the bubble this year.  I am saying that I don't think we will be.

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That's not at all what I asked for. I am well aware of who the other bubble teams are. I asked why those teams should get in over us? Lunardi saying it doesn't mean anything, he's demonstrably average at his job. 

I am not in the metrics so I don't look at them but I really believe teams like Belmont and Lipbscome should be in over nay of the other teams by the eye test.  I just don't think just because you are a power 5 conference team you should get in with a losing conference record.  To me these mid major teams should not be penalized because power conference teams won't play them in the non conference schedule.

2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Arizona St.,Ohio St,Alabama all needed to win games in there conference tournament and did,Ohio St beat Indiana,who needed to win but didnt,which allowed a team like Belmont to slide in...if IU gets in it will be by the grace of the basketball gods....no team with 15 losses has ever gotten in,nor do they deserve to 

Two teams with 15 losses got in the 2017 tourney.  Vandy and Alabama.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

And, honestly, if I was on the committee, I would give Belmont a spot before IU.  Maybe not a St. John's and certainly not Creighton.  But, Belmont I would.

I can get why Belmont would get in over us. But all the other Power 5 teams on the bubble who lost? Not so much. 

49 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Oh...and I'm not Lazy or negative ,I'm just looking at what has been played out over the season,beating MSU although a nice surprise doesn't mean your ticket is punched and you head to the airport.

10 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Oh...and I'm not Lazy or negative ,I'm just looking at what has been played out over the season,beating MSU although a nice surprise doesn't mean your ticket is punched and you head to the airport.

I'm not saying it is punched, I'm just saying we aren't dead in the water. We are very much on the bubble and differentiating between us and other bubble teams will be hard. 

To be certain we are out, you should be able to make a strong case for teams like Clemson and Texas. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not saying it is punched, I'm just saying we aren't dead in the water. We are very much on the bubble and differentiating between us and other bubble teams will be hard. 

To be certain we are out, you should be able to make a strong case for teams like Clemson and Texas. 

I cant tell you a damn thing about either of those teams,nor do i care

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

UNCLE!!!  Ok!  IU isn't dead in the water.  Let's see what the committee thinks.  Sigh.  And no, the sky isn't falling.

Archived