How do we make the NCAA tourney

Indykev

5 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

This is one of the rare years where the system really favors our body of work. When they trot the committee member out to explain the confusing set of selection parameters, you will see.  The graphic with three blind teams and their season metrics will be very telling.  Our overall record may not be impressive, but quad 1 wins vs quad 3/4 losses will be exceptional.  Strength of schedule and road wins will be huge as well. Now we just need to win.

Need to win and win and win....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

So, losing to Rutgers and NW aren't considered bad losses?  Since when did they become bb powerhouses?

We live in an analytical world, the name on the front of the jersey has nothing to do with it. According to the metrics, losing to those teams on the road is not bad losses. 

32 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

So, losing to Rutgers and NW aren't considered bad losses?  Since when did they become bb powerhouses?

Would losing to a 17-12 Arizona team on the road be a bad loss?  I ask because they are ONE position ahead of Northwestern in the KenPom ratings.  

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

Home loss to Nebraska does not help...12-5 home record...2-9 road..been nice not to lose so many at home

Yeah, I'm wondering if Nebraska continues to tank if that loss will end up being considered a bad one. Sure did seem like one at the time, but that was more because we seemed to sleepwalk through it.

35 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

All based on metrics. Both of these games were on the road, which makes the Quad3/Quad 4 loss threshold even more difficult to pick up. As others have mentioned, the depth of the BIG is playing to our favor this season. 

1 minute ago, AxnJxn said:

Yeah, I'm wondering if Nebraska continues to tank if that loss will end up being considered a bad one. Sure did seem like one at the time, but that was more because we seemed to sleepwalk through it.

Nebraska still top 50 in KenPom (ahead of us, actually).

3 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

It’s not deemed a bad loss because of lethargic play, that’s has nothing to do with it. It’s all metrics based. At the time, Nebraska was a top team, and even now they’re a top 50 team based on the metrics because the Big Ten is so strong/deep. There probably isn’t even anyone on the committee who actually watched that game, they’re just looking at the analytical resume of the teams. 

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Would losing to a 17-12 Arizona team on the road be a bad loss?  I ask because they are ONE position ahead of Northwestern in the KenPom ratings.  

Who should get in.. Minnesota or IU..IU lost at Minny and Minny has a better conference record..Lunardi says Minny still has work to do,IU is back on the bubble discussion. 

Who should get in.. Minnesota or IU..IU lost at Minny and Minny has a better conference record..Lunardi says Minny still has work to do,IU is back on the bubble discussion. 

Conference record and head-to-head don’t really matter either. IU has 6 quad 1 wins and no quad 3-4 losses. I don’t know Minnesota’s metrics, but there not as good. The Louisville and Marquette wins are going to be huge down the stretch here. 

Minnesota gets in before IU, unless they totally collapse.  The head to head would be a determining factor, especially since they have a better overall record.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

It’s not deemed a bad loss because of lethargic play, that’s has nothing to do with it. It’s all metrics based. At the time, Nebraska was a top team, and even now they’re a top 50 team based on the metrics because the Big Ten is so strong/deep. There probably isn’t even anyone on the committee who actually watched that game, they’re just looking at the analytical resume of the teams. 

Yeah, I understand that, think you misunderstood my comment. I was just saying that it felt like a bad loss to me based on how we played, I wasn't seriously saying that the committee would consider that aspect of it. 

11 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Home loss to Nebraska does not help...12-5 home record...2-9 road..been nice not to lose so many at home

Again, that isn't a bad loss. If you're going to have this conversation, you need to understand what is considered a good and bad loss. It isn't some subjective point to be argued. 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Again, that isn't a bad loss. If you're going to have this conversation, you need to understand what is considered a good and bad loss. It isn't some subjective point to be argued. 

😂...ok go thur all 14 losses and YOU tell me which are

Archived