Michigan State pregame

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of my favorite people in the world are Purdue grads......does this mean you guys are gonna ban me know?  It is good do have a strong rivalry with PU, and it is great to beat them, but to hate a school that doesn't cheat like some other schools seems too much.  Hoosiers should have a heated rivalry with other "Hoosiers" and hate on those knuckle-scrapers from Kentucky.😉

3 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Some of my favorite people in the world are Purdue grads......does this mean you guys are gonna ban me know?  It is good do have a strong rivalry with PU, and it is great to beat them, but to hate a school that doesn't cheat like some other schools seems too much.  Hoosiers should have a heated rivalry with other "Hoosiers" and hate on those knuckle-scrapers from Kentucky.😉

Ban? No. Long memory? Yes. Officially on notice. Haha..

7 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I have nothing against the university but Purdue is our biggest rivals and hated their program forever.

18 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

Sadly enough, my Dad is a Purdue grad!!!!!!  And I agree, I have a bigger problem with UK than I do the Boilers.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Sadly enough, my Dad is a Purdue grad!!!!!!

My wife went to UK for a year and currently works there. Know how disheartening it is to know that 50% of your household income comes from the same institution that employs John Calipari, and formerly employed Eric Bledsoe, Anthony Davis, Nerlens Noel, James Young, etc etc?

4 hours ago, rico said:

Sadly enough, my Dad is a Purdue grad!!!!!!  And I agree, I have a bigger problem with UK than I do the Boilers.

My dad is a PU grad too.  He always wanted better for his children, so I made his wish come true and went to IU.

7 hours ago, cohete15 said:

Will keep it the same as last game...

We are going to lose, and then, we will continue to lose. 

Well, I am changing things up this go around...no whiskey for me.  Straight beer diet for the game.

On 2/28/2019 at 8:09 AM, hoosiertildeath said:

As a loyal Indiana University fan since 1948 , I might shock some of you , but I Hope Michigan State beats Indiana ? Muck pee yew ! Yes I Hate pu that much

I hope all has been well with you HTD! Man.

With all due respect I never want Indiana to lose.

After all of the banner talk on this thread it is safe to say: What matters most(at least at IU) is who sees their season last the longest. For this season odds are clearly in their favor, but I'm not folding on IU yet! Never do until they run out of games.

I would (both logically- as well as  with 100 percent bias)argue it is better for perception of Indiana if IU wins(out)- and Sparty goes on to win the B1G regular season title.One way or another the BTT will decide IU's tourney fate .In the oddest of seasons, an equally odd IU BTT title would be fitting.I dont mind hoping for something IU isnt in contention for anymore, but it stops there.

I agree with the logic expressed by some: An in pocket sweep of the would be Champs would work better in Indiana's favor if it is among 18-19+ wins after the BTT is over.

Another side thought: IU is actually  reminding me more of Sparty in Izzo's first two years in a lot of ways.Long losing streaks aside..One thing I recall is Izzo started regularly competing and winning against Knight regularly from early on.Despite MSU having some tough nights.It took on the feel of a torch passing when Izzo came out and won it all in year 3.Archie has a lot to do still to make it parallel, but I hope Im making it clear where I am going with this despite it being pure opinion.

A nice 2019 class, counting Hunter has comparable star power to Izzo bringing Cleaves and Mo Pete. but Brooks is still out there in play for IU. As of now IU is not lacking in both quality wins and competitive losses on the year, but a sweep of Sparty would be fairly significant. Even if the year ends in the NIT for IU. So did Izzo's year 2.

GO IU!!

Turning to a twisted law of averages, I predict IU blows them out today. My Spider sense is tingling, but I admit it might be the coffee. ;)

Just my 20 bucks for the week....since Im usually too busy to put my two cents in ;) Lumps sums.Lol

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I will , of course , be thrilled if IndIana sweeps MS U ! At the some time be deathly ill if by doing so they hand out an outright B T championship to those jerks !! PS turdu e is the Only BT school with more bt titles than Indiana !

Take away the ones where they were throwing the ball into a peach basket and jumping center after every field goal, and they aren't quite as impressive

Archived