NBA Thread

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

So Dakich is no on the VO train...you're just a little late, dude.

...and yes...it is sweet being right about the trade when all the experts were wrong...

No he is on the Anti- Paul George Train and has been for a long time. This was just another shot at PG.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

No he is on the Anti- Paul George Train and has been for a long time. This was just another shot at PG.

I see. Whatever his motivation, I think he's right...when the dust settles and history passes it's final judgment, this trade will be judged as one of the best the Pacers made. Period.  The only thing that changes that is a career unexpectedly cut short due to injury.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I see. Whatever his motivation, I think he's right...when the dust settles and history passes it's final judgment, this trade will be judged as one of the best the Pacers made. Period.  The only thing that changes that is a career unexpectedly cut short due to injury.

It could be that both teams "won" though. I don't think PG resigns in OKC, but it seems like the trade did help them keep Westbrook. 

On the flip side, the Pacers got a guy who is statistically replacing PG and carrying himself in a way that has a better impact on the team as well as a guy who could be a double double machine for years to come. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It could be that both teams "won" though. I don't think PG resigns in OKC, but it seems like the trade did help them keep Westbrook. 

On the flip side, the Pacers got a guy who is statistically replacing PG and carrying himself in a way that has a better impact on the team as well as a guy who could be a double double machine for years to come. 

Agreed on the Westbrook part. If the trade was the impetus for the extension, then the trade was worth it for them even if PG leaves.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Agreed on the Westbrook part. If the trade was the impetus for the extension, then the trade was worth it for them even if PG leaves.

Add to it that the Pacers VO is not the VO the Thunder had or would have had. Vic is a terrible fit next to Westbrook. It just didn't work. So it probably really is a win-win. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Add to it that the Pacers VO is not the VO the Thunder had or would have had. Vic is a terrible fit next to Westbrook. It just didn't work. So it probably really is a win-win. 

I can't argue that at all.  It seems that Vic needed the ball more than Westbrook was willing to share.  There just wasn't really room for both of hem in that offense and as a result, Vic's production wasn't what it could have been.

29 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Interesting list from The Ringer. The ranked the top 25 players of the first 25ish games of the NBA season. VO and PG both made the list, but interesting regarding where they're ranked and who's ranked higher...

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/8/16749624/nba-top-25-nba-player-rankings

Fun list.  I had no idea Harden was averaging 9 assists a game.  I think of him as more of a gunner.  Very impressive when you look at the ratio of points he has a hand in (around 50 ppg game).

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Fun list.  I had no idea Harden was averaging 9 assists a game.  I think of him as more of a gunner.  Very impressive when you look at the ratio of points he has a hand in (around 50 ppg game).

He led the NBA in assists per game last year at 11.2.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

Interesting list from The Ringer. The ranked the top 25 players of the first 25ish games of the NBA season. VO and PG both made the list, but interesting regarding where they're ranked and who's ranked higher...

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/8/16749624/nba-top-25-nba-player-rankings

They may want to re-rank after Vic's game tonight.