NBA Thread

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What's not to love about that young man and this team.  Such a great ambssador for Indiana university.   Thank you CTC for bringing Vic to our Universty.  

We may not have fun a title under CTC but we have a lot of high character guys to be proud of.  

Edited by Billingsley99

On 12/9/2017 at 4:25 PM, Indykev said:

Lol Kev, you're like some jilted boyfriend haha. 

Vic is having such a fantastic year, so far, if he keep this kind of play up he will have earned his way into discussion with the top group of guards. What's been most impressive to me has been how efficiently he's scored so far this season, he's really raised his outside game.

Still a lot of season to go, but man did he find a great fit with this Pacers squad. He is doing so much better than he did last season, with Westbrook, who, unfortunately, is still playing like he did last season instead of working to move the ball around with PG and Melo (Thunder rank something like 25th in assists, right now, way too much iso ball)

I am still in a wait and see mode as to whether that Thunder squad gets it together, if they do -- like when they beat Golden State -- they're really good. If they don't, they still got what they wanted in getting Russ to commit to a long-term deal. So far, the Melo addition was a bad one. 

The PG comparison stuff though is just silly. Leaving aside we're talking two diftferent teams, and that Vic had a really bad year while playing with Westbrook like PG is currently trying to do (golly), did you know PG is leading the League right now in steals, as in #1? He's actually playing great D overall, while playing up and down offensively -- funny how it seems to coincide with Melo either not being on the floor, when PG had huge games, or not controlling possession. I wonder when people will just enjoy Vic doing well without the silly stuff about PG. I hope they both end up having great seasons -- go Vic.

57 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Vic is having such a fantastic year, so far, if he keep this kind of play up he will have earned his way into discussion with the top group of guards. What's been most impressive to me has been how efficiently he's scored so far this season, he's really raised his outside game.

Still a lot of season to go, but man did he find a great fit with this Pacers squad. He is doing so much better than he did last season, with Westbrook, who, unfortunately, is still playing like he did last season instead of working to move the ball around with PG and Melo (Thunder rank something like 25th in assists, right now, way too much iso ball)

I am still in a wait and see mode as to whether that Thunder squad gets it together, if they do -- like when they beat Golden State -- they're really good. If they don't, they still got what they wanted in getting Russ to commit to a long-term deal. So far, the Melo addition was a bad one. 

The PG comparison stuff though is just silly. Leaving aside we're talking two diftferent teams, and that Vic had a really bad year while playing with Westbrook like PG is currently trying to do (golly), did you know PG is leading the League right now in steals, as in #1? He's actually playing great D overall, while playing up and down offensively -- funny how it seems to coincide with Melo either not being on the floor, when PG had huge games, or not controlling possession. I wonder when people will just enjoy Vic doing well without the silly stuff about PG. I hope they both end up having great seasons -- go Vic.

Well for one thing, they got traded for each other so it'll be fair to compare them until the end of time. 

I don't know how much you actually watch the Pacers being down in Houston and having a very busy job, but it's a night and day difference this season versus the past couple. 

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

At some point you're gonna have to admit it...Pacers killed it on that trade. :P

• Like 1

I loved Sabonis at Zaga.  He’s got the ass kicking mentality that’s going to bring a winner’s edge.   I’d want a college big like he was anytime.  

And I’d say Oladipo is the biggest surprise and break out star of the year.  But, we’ve seen him do it before.  He exploded his junior year at IU and skyrocketed into being the second pick on the draft.   I’d say we know what he’s all about by now.  He’s athletic, tough, and a worker.   I’m surprised by his good he’s been, but should I have been as a fan of his?

The Pacers are a big feel good story this year and they did great in the trade.  

• Like 1

Doyel offering his opinion of the OKC / Indy matchup this Wednesday.  And, trust me when I say, he does not hold back.

https://www.indystar.com/get-access/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.indystar.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fcolumnists%2Fgregg-doyel%2F2017%2F12%2F12%2Fdoyel-paul-george-wanted-trade-but-pacers-getting-last-laugh%2F941736001%2F

Edited by 5fouls

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Great read.

Still booing him tomorrow.