NBA Thread

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

ESPN's BPI still projects them 6th at the end of the season due to how tough their schedule is down the stretch.

I wondered the same thing. That schedule looks like murderer's row.

Yet, they just keep winning.  I think ESPN underestimates the size of Vic's heart.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since there isn't any activity on this thread, I thought I would get it going again.  Pacers have clinched for the playoffs.  Looking more and more like it may be P's/Sixers in the first round.  Every prognosticator seems to be enamored with Embid and Simmons and not showing a lot of love towards the Pacers.  What is everyone thinking.  I really think our talent level is equal, if not better overall depth-wise than the Sixers and we match put perfectly with their roster. 

I think P’s - Sixers would be a great series, at least 6 games. 

I don’t know which team would win. Sixers are really talented - I think probably more talented, it’s not just Embid, Simmons is fantastic, etc. But Vic has been fantastic himself and I doubt Sixers can stop him. Still, Turner has been up and down. When Vic isn’t playing or playing well/healthy, P’s tend to lose. I see that as reflective of the P’s true depth of talent and a testament to how well Vic has been playing.

but again I don’t really know with that matchup and both of these teams as presently constructed lack real playoff experience, and of course the playoffs are a whole different animal 

12 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Pacers win at a depleted Golden State. Still, a win is a win.

All W's are good, but yeah GS was really depleted. I am beginning to think the Rockets have this year in the bag. When he comes back, at least 3 weeks from now, Curry will at best be less than healthy. Durant's still recovering. Klay is still recovering. Rockets are rolling.

13 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Oladipo just has that "it" factor.  I've watched almost every game this year.  Clutch.  Ice in his veins.  

I can’t wait to watch him in the playoffs in a couple weeks.  Seems like he was slumping a little bit recently and has come out of it at the perfect time.  Gonna be a lot of fun.

55 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I can’t wait to watch him in the playoffs in a couple weeks.  Seems like he was slumping a little bit recently and has come out of it at the perfect time.  Gonna be a lot of fun.

Defenses have been trying to take him away lately and when the Pacers dont hit open shots it works.  If they are on pick your poison. So far there has not been any player able to stop Vic in one on one.  His move that I love is when he makes a lot of space and goes full speed to get defender moving back just to pull up  and hit the 3.  Then if you dont back pedal he blows right on by.

The real question is can we give Larry Bird Executive of the Year? I know he is no longer the president, but the foresight he had to fire Vogel and completely reconstruct the roster, right down to causing PG to become disgruntled so we could steal Oladipo and Sabonis from OKC was truly amazing. 

The Hick from French Lick really, really got the league good this time. Right, @Hoosierhoopster ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The real question is can we give Larry Bird Executive of the Year? I know he is no longer the president, but the foresight he had to fire Vogel and completely reconstruct the roster, right down to causing PG to become disgruntled so we could steal Oladipo and Sabonis from OKC was truly amazing. 

The Hick from French Lick really, really got the league good this time. Right, @Hoosierhoopster ?

Lol this is all Pritchard, who has done a great job. The Hick from French Lick just ran out the door when the writing was on the wall. He gets zero credit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

No, not really. You can say he's in the convo, but the P's are currently in 5th in the East. he's  behind guys like D'Antoni, Stevens, Casey, Stots, etc.

I think he should be. All the teams you named have notable all stars and were expected near the top of their divisions. The rockets are Warriors lite. Celtics loss Hayward but still a solid playoff team without him. Not 1 of those teams are more than +5 over their expected win prediction and the Pacers are almost +20. I know he has no chance but with a team with 1 all star that people joked about after the trade and to be .5 games out of 3rd is remarkable.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lol this is all Pritchard, who has done a great job. The Hick from French Lick just ran out the door when the writing was on the wall. He gets zero credit.

We will have to agree to disagree. Larry Legend just keeps on bringing joy to followers of hmHIS game, from HIS state. Larry for Governor!

Projected By Vegas                           Current Win Total                   Games over projection

Rockets 56                                                  62                                      +6

Celtics    54                                                 53                                        -1

Raptors   48                                                 55                                        +7

Blazers    41                                                 48                                        +7

Pacers 31                                                     46                                      +15