NBA Thread

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If I am an NBA player, I don't stand for this.  It happened to the Rockets this time, but could be another team, another group of players, down the road.  Some of those Rockets players may never get another chance at making the finals.  This wasn't one bad call (such as Don Denkinger in the World Series).  This was blatant, WWE level, match-fixing.

Boogie Cousins and Jeremy Lin tweeted last night about it.  Every NBA player, including those on the Warriors, need to send a message to the NBA with a clear directive that this better not ever happen again.  

I had renewed interest in the NBA this season with Vic being on the Pacers.   I now have no desire at all to watch the NBA finals after what happened last night.

I think it was the 99 season where the refs pretty much cost the Pacers the Easter Conference championship. UP 3 and AD fouled Larry Johnson before the shot but they allowed Johnson to take two dribbles and then shoot the 3 and it went in and that cost us the game.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

If the fix was really in for Golden State, I think the league just lost itself money.  Who cares about a fourth straight matchup between Cleveland and Golden State?  It’s honestly got boring to watch Lebron carry his absolutely pathetic teammates and the Warriors play KD-centric iso ball.  

Everyone will try to act like the Cavs have a chance if the series goes longer than 5 games, but we all already know what the outcome is going to be in the end.  Yawn.  Warriors-Celtics or Rockets-Cavs would have been much more entertaining series.

Yeah, and Rockets - Celtics would have been a fun series. GS in 5, maybe 6.

JR Smith has been playing in the NBA for 15 years and makes a play like that at the end of the game.  What a dumbass. 

And yet none of that would’ve happened if George Hill (11 year vet, career 80% FT shooter) made one free throw.

These bums just wasted a 50 point Finals game from Lebron.  Wild.

• Like 3

Agree with what everyone else has said. We'll never know the impact but a loss like that can stick around. Cavs are lucky series doesn't resume until Sunday. On a side note...I hope we don't kill JR Smith the way Bill Buckner was. Mistakes happen. Unfortunately mistakes that cost titles happen too. Really hope this situation doesn't turn into that.

Edit-Anyone else go to the bad/horrendous call of simultaneous charge/block call on Bryant/Swanigan from 2 years ago last night after they reversed the simultaneous call? Big 10 officials decided both calls would stand. At least NBA officials just made 1 bad call on that play.

Edited by Seeking6

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree with what everyone else has said. We'll never know the impact but a loss like that can stick around. Cavs are lucky series doesn't resume until Sunday. On a side note...I hope we don't kill JR Smith the way Bill Buckner was. Mistakes happen. Unfortunately mistakes that cost titles happen too. Really hope this situation doesn't turn into that.

Edit-Anyone else go to the bad/horrendous call of simultaneous charge/block call on Bryant/Swanigan from 2 years ago last night after they reversed the simultaneous call? Big 10 officials decided both calls would stand. At least NBA officials just made 1 bad call on that play.

I had forgotten that call, thanks for the unpleasant reminder. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

LBJ is the GOAT.  Not sure what else he has to do to gain that title.

Win 2 more titles.  At least.  We are talking about dethroning MJ.  The man ESPN ranked ahead of guys like Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali, Jack Nicklaus, etc as the greatest athlete ever.  Not an easy feat.

48 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Win 2 more titles.  At least.  We are talking about dethroning MJ.  The man ESPN ranked ahead of guys like Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali, Jack Nicklaus, etc as the greatest athlete ever.  Not an easy feat.

Why is winning two more titles important to being the greatest player ever? Why is it okay that Jordan has significantly fewer titles than Russell, but not okay that LBJ has fewer than MJ? 

Aside from titles, what do you think gives Jordan the edge as a better player than LeBron? 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Why is winning two more titles important to being the greatest player ever? Why is it okay that Jordan has significantly fewer titles than Russell, but not okay that LBJ has fewer than MJ? 

Aside from titles, what do you think gives Jordan the edge as a better player than LeBron? 

It ain't.  The title thing is way too over rated.  Greatness is what it is.  Dan Marino was great as was Ted Williams.  No titles.  LBJ is the GOAT.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

LBJ is the goat. 

George Hill was scapegoated by JR. 

And it's unfathomable that call was changed. 

Could not believe they actually called that a charge in the first place.  It was definitely a block and should have never been called a charge.  To m the refs usually just look at the defensive players feet to see if they are out of the circle and not whether the players was there in time.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Could not believe they actually called that a charge in the first place.  It was definitely a block and should have never been called a charge.  To m the refs usually just look at the defensive players feet to see if they are out of the circle and not whether the players was there in time.

He was there in time. He doesn't have to be stationary,  he had established himself in front of Durant before Durant took off. 

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He was there in time. He doesn't have to be stationary,  he had established himself in front of Durant before Durant took off. 

I know he does not need to be stationary but he moved in to the path to late and was not there in time.  I just guess like any other  basketball rule the NBA is changing the rules of the game. Forever that would not have even been close to being  a charge but I guess it todays NBA people think that is a charge.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I know he does not need to be stationary but he moved in to the path to late and was not there in time.  I just guess like any other  basketball rule the NBA is changing the rules of the game. Forever that would not have even been close to being  a charge but I guess it todays NBA people think that is a charge.

It was definitely a block. But everything from the initial call to the replay review was a debacle.