NBA Thread

Is it me or does Charlotte not draft well on draft night and hopefully Cody gets to play some. I saw maybe the first few minutes of the draft before it started to rain and then I had to go to my computer and try to watch the rest of it and then the wifi went out on me so yeah that was my draft night.

11 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

Lance Stephenson team option declined making him a free agent.  I know he has his negatives, but I love watching the guy play.  Disappointed, but I trust Pritchard at this point. 

I love this move for the Pacers because Lance has been my least favorite player for any team I have been a fan of.  I can't stand his antics and I think for most part he is an embarrassment to the organization.  He is so inconsistent because he only plays well in front of the home crowd and disappears on the road.  Great day for the Pacers

Maybe they are going after Lebron and they knew he wouldn't come to the Pacers if Lance was on the team LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by IU Scott

32 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

D-bag Paul George returns!

image.png.f0abd97192e5076460ca3ab0ce659a77.png

LOL.  As much as I like Stephenson, Lance kind of screwed himself when he declined a five year deal to go elsewhere, then came back when it didn't work out for him. If he took that offer, he would still be under contract for another two seasons and would have made more, I believe, over the duration, then what he will currently pull in. 

PG just needs to shut up.  I have never had a problem with him doing what is best for him, but I did take issue when he put us in a bad spot by publicly leaking his intentions and backing the organization that drafted him, invested time in developing him, and did put a winning team around him for a majority of his time as a player.  Luckily, we pulled the right player into the right situation for him to thrive, but odds our it shouldn't have worked out in our favor the way it did because of PG's actions and overall petulance.

3 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He's kind of "fun," but the P's need a real point guard and allowing him to go frees up more cash.

Collison, Joseph, and Holliday is an above average trio.  Two veterans to hold fort until the rookie is ready.  Pacers could do a LOT worse than Collison as their starter.

I hate to see Lance go.  He was a vital piece to last year's success.

• Like 1

Lance was the Pacers' Will Sheehey.  I never laughed any harder then when he blew in LeBron's ear and literally got in his head...

Lance-Stephenson-blowing-bubbles-400x400.jpg

I get that Lance could be a polarizing figure, but I read some interviews he did this last year and it really seemed like he'd grown up quite a bit.  At one point, he showed a lot of poise when a reporter tried to bait him on a controversial subject.  Lance deferred, even though I know it was tempting to wade in and I respected him a lot for that.  I'll say it again, I understand the dollars and cents part of the business but I'm sorry to see Lance go.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Kind of a mind blank but starting pg? Collision? P’s need a couple pieces. Collison is not the long term solution 

PG position is in real good shape with Collison, Joseph and Holiday.  What the Pacers need is a young PF especially if Young opts out and backup wings.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Collison, Joseph, and Holliday is an above average trio.  Two veterans to hold fort until the rookie is ready.  Pacers could do a LOT worse than Collison as their starter.

I hate to see Lance go.  He was a vital piece to last year's success.

I don't think Collison is bad, but he is a second string pg, he's not a quality starting point. He was a fill in for the Pacers. If the P's want to get to the "next level" they need a top flight pg. Naming better point guards than Collison? That's a long list. 

30 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I don't think Collison is bad, but he is a second string pg, he's not a quality starting point. He was a fill in for the Pacers. If the P's want to get to the "next level" they need a top flight pg. Naming better point guards than Collison? That's a long list. 

I know he's not a point guard, but I find this comparison interesting.  :coffee:

Darrin Collison - PER of 18.8 last season

Paul George - PER of 18.7 last season

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

But really, isn’t Vic the point guard?  I know he’s nominally a “shooting guard,” but he had the ball in his hands a lot (30.0 usage %, just behind Kyrie and ahead of Steph), and averaged more than 4 assists per game.  Kind of similar to how Harden is nominally a “shooting guard,” but always has the ball in his hands and is the primary initiator of the offense (I realize Vic has a ways to go to match Harden as a distributor).

I don’t think the Pacers have a big need for a top flight PG, as they already basically have one in Vic.  Collison, Joseph, and Holiday are decent options alongside him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

But really, isn’t Vic the point guard?  I know he’s nominally a “shooting guard,” but he had the ball in his hands a lot (30.0 usage %, just behind Kyrie and ahead of Steph), and averaged more than 4 assists per game.  Kind of similar to how Harden is nominally a “shooting guard,” but always has the ball in his hands and is the primary initiator of the offense (I realize Vic has a ways to go to match Harden as a distributor).

I don’t think the Pacers have a big need for a top flight PG, as they already basically have one in Vic.  Collison, Joseph, and Holiday are decent options alongside him.

That is an interesting take there.....and one I agree with.

5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...but all he has to do to match Hardin defensively is stand on the floor and wave his arms in the general direction of the opposing player closest to him.

Most definitely.  I was just anticipating push-back based on the difference in assist numbers between Harden and Vic, as the focus on “true point guards” tends to emphasize distributing the ball.  Regardless of the fact that Vic is more of a score-first than pass-first guard, I think he still qualifies as the Pacers point guard considering how much he has the ball in his hands.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

You could say that I guess, though I don’t think he really is - but then i’d say if the P’s want to really contend they need another high level starting guard. Collison is not at that level, he’ll he was formerly a Pacers backup and was traded, he’s an interim guy in my book. These replies strike me as some kind of loyalty thing. If we were talking about a team other than the P’s, but with the same players, I doubt people would be so reactionary to the idea that Collison is not the long term starting guard if the team wants to get to the next level