NBA Thread

18 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I was stunned every time I heard seemingly smart people saying that Mathias would get drafted and/or make it in the NBA.  Dude was a solid college player but come on.  He has nothing going that translates to the NBA.

I understand the man-crush because he played hard, but I've never bought into the hype.  He's getting absolutely exposed in the summer league.  It would be 10X worse against NBA regulars.  GBI regulars were babbling about his +/- but I'm sure that took a hit last night and his stats are abysmal...shooting a whopping 35%.

Maybe he can have a reasonably successful foreign career like Jordy Hulls or Nick Zeisloft, but that's about the ceiling I see for him.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ Yes I was surprised by this. Mavs have been good to him and he's blossomed there. Obviously more going on then we know, and maybe the bench 2-guard role was more of an issue. He should find a home, but yes seems kind of risky.

He was interviewed on a local Indy station yesterday and talked how he was looking forward to staying in Dallas.  he said there was no other place that he would rather be at than Dallas.