NBA Thread

34 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

What are you talking about, I mean, tonight Westbrook took 33 shots, twice as many as anyone else on the team.... Oh wait :D

Seriously...I would not want to play with Westbrook as a pro.  I'll bet Oladipo was secretly very glad to get away from such a ball hog.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Say what?

Not sure if you are questioning the validity of the trade, or my assumption that it makes the Pacers playoff run tougher.  The Pacers are currently 7th in the east and the Pistons 9th.  This trade may help pull the Pistons back towards that 8th spot.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not sure if you are questioning the validity of the trade, or my assumption that it makes the Pacers playoff run tougher.  The Pacers are currently 7th in the east and the Pistons 9th.  This trade may help pull the Pistons back towards that 8th spot.

Didn't know about the trade.

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Turner with 22 off the bench in an easy win Iver Charlotte. I think that may be a better fit for the team to let Myles be THE man when he is in with the second unit. Sabonis and Vic just have such great chemistry in the pick and roll. 

Sabonis is just a master of the pick & roll. Even when teams know it's coming, he's hard to stop.  Vic just makes everyone around him better.

...and man did Myles look good tonight.  Heck, the Pacers looked good tonight.  I credit Vic...his attitude is contagious.

• Like 2

...and while I understand there are fans here who don't like Lance, I think he's a great fit with the Pacers and I'm personally entertained by some of his antics.  I showed my wife the clip of him blowing in LeBron's ear and she was rolling on the floor.  He's got an edge to him and he revels in being the bad guy on the road, but in reading a recent interview, I also think he's grown up a lot from some of his earlier foolishness.  I particularly appreciated that he doesn't take the bait when reporters ask him about politics.  No doubt he's got an opinion, but I appreciate that he stays focused on the game.

...the crazy hand gestures while dishing an assist on the break in tonight's game...pure Lance.  I love it.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

One more thought...for anyone thinking the midrange jumper is a lost art, you should have seen Vic knocking down a bunch of them tonight.  VO has an excellent mid-range game.

Yes he does. He can get that shot anytime he wants, too. It's really impressive to see him stop on a dime and be completely under control. 

I can't tell if this is better or worse for the Pistons, but I suspect it will be better. 

I'm not much of a Griffin fan (for those who don't like complainers, he's the #1 complainer in the League, and his behavioral issues are more than well documented -- how many guys have actually punched an assistant coach??), but pairing him with Drummond is a good move. He is better than Tobias Harris -- when healthy (and his health is never guaranteed, so that's another question mark), and as much as I like Bradely he wasn't playing great this season. This also may have the Pistons playing more inspired ball. I suspect the Pacers' playoff hopes did just get tougher, not easier, but there are reasons to see it both ways.

Decent article on the trade here - http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22258759/zach-lowe-blake-griffin-trade-future-la-clippers-detroit-pistons

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

One more thought...for anyone thinking the midrange jumper is a lost art, you should have seen Vic knocking down a bunch of them tonight.  VO has an excellent mid-range game.

It's not that it's a lost art, it's that it's a less efficient shot and the League is moving away from it, particularly the long 2. The bank shot is a lost art, but there are multiple players still shooting 2's (DeRozan, etc.), while they're shooting less of them and especially the long 2.

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

Troy sent to the G to get some playing time. I wish they would trade him to a place that would play him. D'Antoni doesnt like him.

Troy sprained his MCL at the end of November and wasn’t able to play until about two weeks ago.  I think he’s just getting his legs back in the G League.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Troy sprained his MCL at the end of November and wasn’t able to play until about two weeks ago.  I think he’s just getting his legs back in the G League.

I didn't know, thanks for posting that.

This season's injuries are crazy. All kinds of players, and especially top flight players, getting serious injuries. Something in the water??

Not Hoosiers-related, but wow, Cavs just dealt I Thomas (and Channing Frye) to the Lakers. For Nance and Clarkson. Thomas has gone from leading the C's to the East Finals and being one of the most prolific scorers in the League to getting tossed out by the Cavs while being mid-way through getting his legs back under him. 

10 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Not Hoosiers-related, but wow, Cavs just dealt I Thomas (and Channing Frye) to the Lakers. For Nance and Clarkson. Thomas has gone from leading the C's to the East Finals and being one of the most prolific scorers in the League to getting tossed out by the Cavs while being mid-way through getting his legs back under him. 

It was pretty clear he did not mesh well with LeBron, though it seems they didn't really give him a chance. I feel bad for IT, he was fantastic for Boston, though he did bring some of this on himself. Maybe understandably given his success, but it started with his comments last offseason about Boston "backing up the Brinks truck" for him, and then just this week he called out the Cavs coaches, and has also been really outspoken about the Cavs chemistry issues.  

While you have to respect the player he's turned himself into, there aren't a lot of teams that want to lineup to give a 29/30 year old, 5'9" (being generous) scoring point guard that is literally the worst defensive player in the NBA, a max contract. It's just a shame that he felt he had a home in Boston, and in just a matter of months he's back to being a journeyman. 

Meanwhile, while I don't hate it as a Celtics fan, it's a shame that LeBron is literally holding the entire Cavs organization hostage. There is nothing they can do about it, as LeBron won't commit to them and also won't waive his no trade clause. It's all within his rights of course, but it's pretty bush league IMO. 

Edited by BGleas
  • Like 1