NBA Thread

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah...he didn't sound too tore up about the fine...said he earned it.

Saw that, and he did, from the standpoint that an owner publicly telling his team that it's best that they tank is publicly acknowledging that the fans are not paying to see an actual competitive game, they're watching deliberate losing. But the flip side of that is what about the cause? We all know teams tank, because the model still favors tanking to get a better shot at the draft. Regardless, gotta love Cuban.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I have a feeling the teams that passed are going to realize that they missed out on a bargain.

He’s playing crunch time minutes too. It was the same in Houston last year. I think with Houston he was just a victim of them going all-in for a title. 

As I type, he just made another fantastic baseline drive and finish. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He’s playing crunch time minutes too. It was the same in Houston last year. I think with Houston he was just a victim of them going all-in for a title. 

As I type, he just made another fantastic baseline drive and finish. 

I said it when he got waived, the Pacers should pick him up. I can only imagine how much Vic could help him achieve.  Alas...I'm not in management.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 8:54 AM, FW_Hoosier said:

https://apple.news/AHgOVFM0PRLyZHyYYv8uLqA

Great article on OG.  Sounds like he’s had a big impact on Toronto on the court and off of it.

That's one of the better articles on a player I've read, enjoyable and insightful, thanks for posting it.

I remember early on his soph season at IU some were saying he didn't have a killer instinct, and talking about his demeanor. This is such a great reflection of how wrong that kind of judgment can be. He's a serious, quiet killer. He's a tremendous baller who isn't focused, at all, on stats, getting his, or being considered the star of the team. He's a true "student of the game" kind of player, who will kill you defensively and will then surprise you when he either drills the ball over you or explodes by you. 

I think he can be one of the better players in the League, he's that good. I hope he stays healthy, he'll be fun to watch for years, and is, genuinely, a great "representative" for IU in the NBA.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

That's one of the better articles on a player I've read, enjoyable and insightful, thanks for posting it.

I remember early on his soph season at IU some were saying he didn't have a killer instinct, and talking about his demeanor. This is such a great reflection of how wrong that kind of judgment can be. He's a serious, quiet killer. He's a tremendous baller who isn't focused, at all, on stats, getting his, or being considered the star of the team. He's a true "student of the game" kind of player, who will kill you defensively and will then surprise you when he either drills the ball over you or explodes by you. 

I think he can be one of the better players in the League, he's that good. I hope he stays healthy, he'll be fun to watch for years, and is, genuinely, a great "representative" for IU in the NBA.

Was a great read!

im with you, going to be very fun to see how he develops. Biased as a Celtics fan, but two guys I’m really looking forward to watching the next couple years are OG and Jaylen Brown. Both long, athletic guys that are already eliteish defensively, both sort of intellectual guys, so going to be fun to see how they evolve offensively. Both have Kawai/Paul George potential (keyword potential), but going to depend on how good they can become play makers and shot makers. 

Really excited to watch both develop, and could be a really matchup for years to come between Toronto and Boston. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Was a great read!

im with you, going to be very fun to see how he develops. Biased as a Celtics fan, but two guys I’m really looking forward to watching the next couple years are OG and Jaylen Brown. Both long, athletic guys that are already eliteish defensively, both sort of intellectual guys, so going to be fun to see how they evolve offensively. Both have Kawai/Paul George potential (keyword potential), but going to depend on how good they can become play makers and shot makers. 

Really excited to watch both develop, and could be a really matchup for years to come between Toronto and Boston. 

Probably would put Brown on DeRozan and OG on Tatum, right? 

Boston has advantage of having Hayward out there with those guys, too. That's a ton of length, athleticism and scoring they're going to have going forward. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

Was a great read!

Brown's a straight up stud. What a player he's becoming.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Probably would put Brown on DeRozan and OG on Tatum, right? 

Boston has advantage of having Hayward out there with those guys, too. That's a ton of length, athleticism and scoring they're going to have going forward. 

Yeah, Brown would guard Derozan. I haven’t seen a Celtics-Raptors game this year so not sure who OG defended. Tatum is a better pure scorer than Brown, but at this point in their careers the Celtics run more offense/play making through Brown. Tatum’s role is increasing but has been more scoring off reversals, etc., so as much creating. 

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Brown's a straight up stud. What a player he's becoming.

I love Brown. I think Tatum is going to be a stud, but if the Celtics ever got a chance to make a trade for someone like Anthony Davis and had to pick, I think Brown might be the one you keep. 

15 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Troy gets some guaranteed money.

Not high on the Knicks organization, but that's great news regardless. 

And a great story, really. Undrafted, shined in the summer league, has clearly continued to work hard on his craft, now a better shooter to go with the athleticism, works very hard on the defensive side of the ball, and he's proved the doubters wrong. And now he's another IU success story.