NBA Thread

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yeah it sounds (per unsubstantiated reports) that the P's really want to keep Bojan and consider him part of their future. I think one of Sabonis or Turner at some point will be available. Both are good, but whether the P's need both, or what they could get in return for one of them, I think is up for thought/movement. As the P's were in the Conley talks, tend to think they'll keep looking for a legit point guard addition.

A legit PG is a point of emphasis until Holiday is ready to make that leap(assuming he does).  I think Aaron could be that PG of the future in two years so his 3rd year in the league. 

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Pacers remains among teams(Utah, Raptors, Pistons) in talks with Memphis to land Conley.  Conley prefers to go to the eastern conference and does not want to play in Utah. According to Sam Amick at "The Athletic", Indications from Pacers and Raptors is that the price is high although all teams are still in the mix.

Love for the Pacers to get Conley but he makes a ton of money and probably would take a lot of good players to get him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Love for the Pacers to get Conley but he makes a ton of money and probably would take a lot of good players to get him.

Would have to think Cory and Darren would be included in this deal, especially with the Pacers wanting to get Aaron some more minutes.  Why trade either Cory or Darren?  Conley starts and Aaron is your backup PG with Sumner being your backup SG

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Would take a lot more than that.  I would assume Memphis first player they would want is Sabonis.

My best guess would be Sabonis($2.5 mil), Collision($10 mil), Evans($12.5 mil) and a 1st rd pick.  Not sure the salaries would match still even with those three guys

Edited by dwtaylor1055

1 minute ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Would not trade Domas for Conley. No sir.

I agree, I'd go as far as offering Collison/Evans/OQuinn/ and 2 future 1st rd picks before including Sabonis :D

It was reported that an expiring player and one young player was offered to the Grizz but they countered and that is when the price was driven up.  No idea what was offered in the first deal.  Jazz offered Rubio/Favors/1st rd pick, Pistons have offered Reggie Jacks

Edited by dwtaylor1055

37 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I agree, I'd go as far as offering Collison/Evans/OQuinn/ and 2 future 1st rd picks before including Sabonis :D

It was reported that an expiring player and one young player was offered to the Grizz but they countered and that is when the price was driven up.  No idea what was offered in the first deal.  Jazz offered Rubio/Favors/1st rd pick, Pistons have offered Reggie Jacks

I would offer Collison, Leaf, Angiboho? and a 1st round pick

11 hours ago, BGleas said:

I hear what you're saying, as starters do play more minutes in the playoffs, but depth definitely matters as well. Guys get into foul trouble in the playoffs, guys get hurt, etc., and with the other teams starters playing more minutes you need quality guys off the bench to produce in the minutes they do get. It might not matter much in the first round, but if Philly is playing Boston, Toronto or Milwaukee in the second round it will matter, and will definitely matter if they are able to advance to the ECF. 

I'll use the Celtics as an example since I know their roster best, but there will be playoff games where Al Horford gets in foul trouble, but the Celtics will be able to bring Aaron Baynes off the bench. He's no Horford, but he plays good D, rebounds and can knock down open 3's. They'll have playoff games where maybe Kyrie has to sit because of an ankle or something or maybe foul trouble, and the Celtics will be able to turn to Terry Rozier, etc. The Sixers, at least now, will not have that luxury or margin of error. 

This isn't even to get into the Sixers problems they'll have with opposing point guards. I think they're going to get eaten alive in the second round against any PG they face. 

• Like 1

Woj on Twitter:

"Nearly 3 hours away from the NBA's trade deadline and ... the Lakers-Pelicans talks on Anthony Davis are dormant, league sources tell ESPN. No communication, nor an expectation that they'll even speak today. Pelicans seem content to run out the clock."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Woj on Twitter:

"Nearly 3 hours away from the NBA's trade deadline and ... the Lakers-Pelicans talks on Anthony Davis are dormant, league sources tell ESPN. No communication, nor an expectation that they'll even speak today. Pelicans seem content to run out the clock."

Since this was posted, there have been about 5 trades within the past hour

1 hour ago, KDB said:

Woj on Twitter:

Good. Lakers offering some trash for a top 5 player in the league...hope he ends like PG13 and gets traded somewhere else and re-signs there.

Edited by dgambill

Trades within the past hour!

Toronto gets Marc Gasol, Grizzlies get Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Miles and a 2024 second round pick

Pacers get Nik Stauskas and Wade Baldwin, also get a 2nd rd pick.  A tax dump for the Rockets.  Pacers will waive Ike Anigbogu

Clippers get JaMychal Green and Garret Temple, Grizzlies get Avery Bradley

Bucks get Nikola Mirotic, Pelicans get Stanley Johnson and Jason Smith

Edited by dwtaylor1055

32 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Trades within the past hour!

Toronto gets Marc Gasol, Grizzlies get Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Miles and a 2024 second round pick

Pacers get Nik Stauskas and Wade Baldwin, also get a 2nd rd pick.  A tax dump for the Rockets.  Pacers will waive Ike Anigbogu

Clippers get JaMychal Green and Garret Temple, Grizzlies get Avery Bradley

Bucks get Nikola Mirotic, Pelicans get Stanley Johnson and Jason Smith

Clippers get Michael Beasley and Ivica Zubac, Lakers get Mike Muscala