NBA Thread

Article regarding Wesley Mathews.  It would not shock me to see the Pacers and Wesley work on a contract to return at seasons end assuming he continues to produce.  He would start at the beginning of next season if Vic isn't quite ready.  If Vic is ready by start of next season and they bring Wes back, Wes could have a very important role off of the bench with meaningful minutes as he can play the 2 and 3 spot. 

https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/matthews-won-over-familiarity-opportunity

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Article regarding Wesley Mathews.  It would not shock me to see the Pacers and Wesley work on a contract to return at seasons end assuming he continues to produce.  He would start at the beginning of next season if Vic isn't quite ready.  If Vic is ready by start of next season and they bring Wes back, Wes could have a very important role off of the bench with meaningful minutes as he can play the 2 and 3 spot. 

https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/matthews-won-over-familiarity-opportunity

Nice, fair article.  I think I caught JMV or someone on JMV, maybe a caller, say, "if we can get 14, 5, and 5 we will be thrilled."  That's sort of like Evan Gordon coming in from an awful ASU team scoring 17 points a game and transferring here he's going to score more against tougher competition while doubling his career assists and rebounds per game lol.  

Realistically, he's replacing Evans next year, and really the rest of this year too.  

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He’s having a tremendous year.  The playoffs may be wild this year. 

Playoffs should be great - really especially in the East.

Toronto, Philly, Bucks, Boston and maybe the P’s are going to be in crazy battles.

Golden State (boo), Thunder, Denver, Rockets will make for a Wild West 

• Like 2

PG also has the second longest streak in NBA history for multiple 3’s in a game, with his 35th tonight (curry had the most with 50).

The MVP race is actually getting really interesting. Many have Greek Freak 1st with PG second, and Harden 3d.

What Harden’s doing also is pretty incredible, but I’d caveat it as the whole Houston offense with the injuries etc has been just let Harden shoot shoot shoot

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

PG also has the second longest streak in NBA history for multiple 3’s in a game, with his 35th tonight (curry had the most with 50).

The MVP race is actually getting really interesting. Many have Greek Freak 1st with PG second, and Harden 3d.

What Harden’s doing also is pretty incredible, but I’d caveat it as the whole Houston offense with the injuries etc has been just let Harden shoot shoot shoot

Couldn’t complain with any of those 3 but I’d say Giannis is pretty far in front.  PG will have a hard time winning it because most don’t think he’s even the best player on his team.

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

Couldn’t complain with any of those 3 but I’d say Giannis is pretty far in front.  PG will have a hard time winning it because most don’t think he’s even the best player on his team.

and if Russ keeps having triple doubles and breaking records like this, he will continue to get the fan fair.  

Not sure if I'd go as far and say Giannis far in front.  Harden has been getting major love for his scoring, major love.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

and if Russ keeps having triple doubles and breaking records like this, he will continue to get the fan fair.  

Not sure if I'd go as far and say Giannis far in front.  Harden has been getting major love for his scoring, major love.  

Probably true, I just think since Giannis plays for the team with the best record that will carry some weight.  Maybe not

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think PG will win MVP (it will be Greek Freak or Harden),but thus year many if not most pundits are repeatedly recognizing that PG is playing as the best player on the Thunder. Westbrook is bringing in the triple doubles, but his shooting had been abysmal thus year, a really bad shooting slump while PG has been carrying the scoring and playing as the best 2-way player in the League.

he’s a front runner if not favorite for defensive MVP (and really should win it) while being the 4th leading scorer in the League

• Like 1

"Everybody is going crazy for Giannis [Antetokounmpo] and James [Harden]. Everybody I probably went up against -- and no disrespect to other teams, they're unbelievable -- Paul is the best that we probably went up against all year," Trail Blazers forward Evan Turner said. "He's at a completely different level. It's hard to even explain."

Portland All-Star guard Damian Lillard offered a similar take on George.

"He's on a different level," Lillard said. "After watching him over the last 10 games or so -- I catch a lot of their games, and then seeing him tonight -- that dude is MVP. If they keep this up, he's MVP."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25976766/russell-westbrook-makes-history-10th-consecutive-triple-double

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

"Everybody is going crazy for Giannis [Antetokounmpo] and James [Harden]. Everybody I probably went up against -- and no disrespect to other teams, they're unbelievable -- Paul is the best that we probably went up against all year," Trail Blazers forward Evan Turner said. "He's at a completely different level. It's hard to even explain."

Portland All-Star guard Damian Lillard offered a similar take on George.

"He's on a different level," Lillard said. "After watching him over the last 10 games or so -- I catch a lot of their games, and then seeing him tonight -- that dude is MVP. If they keep this up, he's MVP."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25976766/russell-westbrook-makes-history-10th-consecutive-triple-double

Quit throwing names out there I can't pronounce!!!!  

George has hit a preposterous 50 percent of tightly contested 3s, easily the best mark among 77 rotation players who dare try at least 0.5 such shots per game.

George is averaging 29-8-4 on a 45/41/84 shooting line, and he might be the favorite for Defensive Player of the Year. The Thunder are plus-11 points per 100 possessions with George on the floor, and minus-11 when he sits -- the largest such positive differential (about plus-22) of any player, and it is no longer close, per NBA.com. They collapse without George, even when Russell Westbrook remains in the game.

For those who value defense, we officially have a three-man MVP race -- with Joel Embiid lurking close behind, followed by the Golden State stars, Nikola Jokic and Damian Lillard.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25995187/10-things-like-including-mvp-race-nba

Wait a minute, did they just call Damian Lillard a Golden State star? Lol

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Tonight's MTN Dew Ice Rising Stars - "USA v World" game of the All Star events has OG along with the P's Bogdanovic on team World - 8:00 CST, 9:00 ET

It is not the Pacers Bogdanovic because he has been in the league for over two years.  There are no Pacers at any of the all star festivities which is a crock for a team that is 3rd in the east.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

George has hit a preposterous 50 percent of tightly contested 3s, easily the best mark among 77 rotation players who dare try at least 0.5 such shots per game.

George is averaging 29-8-4 on a 45/41/84 shooting line, and he might be the favorite for Defensive Player of the Year. The Thunder are plus-11 points per 100 possessions with George on the floor, and minus-11 when he sits -- the largest such positive differential (about plus-22) of any player, and it is no longer close, per NBA.com. They collapse without George, even when Russell Westbrook remains in the game.

For those who value defense, we officially have a three-man MVP race -- with Joel Embiid lurking close behind, followed by the Golden State stars, Nikola Jokic and Damian Lillard.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25995187/10-things-like-including-mvp-race-nba

Wait a minute, did they just call Damian Lillard a Golden State star? Lol

I think it was just poor grammar? Maybe they were saying Steph and KD, then adding Jokic and Lillard?

At any rate, I'd love for PG to win MVP. It's been really cool to see him get back to this level this year after a few years of being "stuck" in the 10-15 range post injury. I haven't been shy about saying I didn't think he would get back to this level, but I'm glad to be wrong on this. 

• Like 1