NBA Thread

Anthony Davis at the All Star Game said he never said Boston was not on his list. He said he'll look at all of the proposals. Of course, he also said every team in the NBA is on his list .... lol ... but his comments do highlight you can never believe an agent, or for that matter, the stupid comments of a parent. Parents really should just shut up.

30 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Anthony Davis at the All Star Game said he never said Boston was not on his list. He said he'll look at all of the proposals. Of course, he also said every team in the NBA is on his list .... lol ... but his comments do highlight you can never believe an agent, or for that matter, the stupid comments of a parent. Parents really should just shut up.

Any guesses as to where he will end up?

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Which is, of course, why the Knicks have been a train wreck for nearly 2 decades now.

The funny thing with the Knicks is how incredibly bad their front office has been.

i wonder if all the talk about KD and Kyrie to the Knicks over the summer has any legs.

They gave up on Porzingis, and building through the draft, to free up space for 2 max level players to go with drafting. If they land KD (i’m Skeptical but who knows with KD), they will get back in the hunt quickly. But if they don’t, and can’t fill those  spots with elite stars, the dumpster fire will continue in full burn. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The funny thing with the Knicks is how incredibly bad their front office has been.

i wonder if all the talk about KD and Kyrie to the Knicks over the summer has any legs.

They gave up on Porzingis, and building through the draft, to free up space for 2 max level players to go with drafting. If they land KD (i’m Skeptical but who knows with KD), they will get back in the hunt quickly. But if they don’t, and can’t fill those  spots with elite stars, the dumpster fire will continue in full burn. 

As a Mavs fan, I'm grateful for their ineptitude. Worst case, we cleared cap space and got rid of a player who didn't want to be there. Best case, weve got our own Eastern Bloc forming.

• Like 1

As a reminder that there have been and probably are dirty refs out there, this story on Tim Donaghy is an interesting read:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25980368/how-former-ref-tim-donaghy-conspired-fix-nba-games

This nugget from the story:

"If you looked at the stats," said one gambler in The Office at the time, "you could see he was calling more fouls on the team he bet against and less fouls on the team he bet on. That was obvious."

Said another: "Did I assume he was fixing the games? Yeah, I did. But I didn't give a s---, because it was great information. From 2003 to 2007, we didn't miss a game. Any game that he reffed we had a wager on."

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

As a reminder that there have been and probably are dirty refs out there, this story on Tim Donaghy is an interesting read:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25980368/how-former-ref-tim-donaghy-conspired-fix-nba-games

"If you looked at the stats," said one gambler in The Office at the time, "you could see he was calling more fouls on the team he bet against and less fouls on the team he bet on. That was obvious."

Said another: "Did I assume he was fixing the games? Yeah, I did. But I didn't give a s---, because it was great information. From 2003 to 2007, we didn't miss a game. Any game that he reffed we had a wager on."

On 2/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

Thanks for posting. It would be pretty naive to think there aren't dirty refs out there right now we just don't know it yet. The Donaghy's of the world have made me unfortunately skeptical about officials when I see one or two who consistently are making bad calls or controversial calls. I should start tracking the spreads.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks for posting. It would be pretty naive to think there aren't dirty refs out there right now we just don't know it yet. The Donaghy's of the world have made me unfortunately skeptical about officials when I see one or two who consistently are making bad calls or controversial calls. I should start tracking the spreads.

Funny that Bob Knight talked about this stuff years ago on his show.  Who better to "fix" a game than the refs?

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

So glad to see Bryant finding his footing in the NBA. I always really liked him and enjoyed watching him play, and without him the 15-16 team doesn’t come close to the conference title and Sweet Sixteen. 

Yep. Another really positive is he took his benching like a man and followed it up with 23 and 12. Obviously biased but to me it's insane the Pacers didn't draft Bryant or Yogi in 2nd round....or at the very least give them a look. I'm still ticked we let OG go to Toronto and took Leaf. All 3 have proven and are proving plenty of GM's don't know what their looking for in NBA players. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Another really positive is he took his benching like a man and followed it up with 23 and 12. Obviously biased but to me it's insane the Pacers didn't draft Bryant or Yogi in 2nd round....or at the very least give them a look. I'm still ticked we let OG go to Toronto and took Leaf. All 3 have proven and are proving plenty of GM's don't know what their looking for in NBA players. 

To be fair, the Pacers second round pick was after Bryant was taken. Leaf in the first over guys like OG and Kuzma is looking pretty painful for the Cers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Whenever there’s big money involved there will be cheating and fraud. We all know this but enjoy the game anyway. Sucks though, think of all those games just one dirty ref changed.