NBA Thread

No time for Magic tonight on 41.21.1 night. 5 hours in and still cannot Dirk's final home game and ceremony off.  Barkley, Pippen, Bird, Kemp and Detlef were the idols he discussed in his post game ceremony.   Cuban brought all Dirk's idols in and Dirk had no idea they would be there.  Best retirement ceremony ever.  Dirk's good buddy Brian Cardinal was there.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

No time for Magic tonight on 41.21.1 night. 5 hours in and still cannot Dirk's final home game and ceremony off.  Barkley, Pippen, Bird, Kemp and Detlef were the idols he discussed in his post game ceremony.   Cuban brought all Dirk's idols in and Dirk had no idea they would be there.  Best retirement ceremony ever.  Dirk's good buddy Brian Cardinal was there.  

Not just because he is an IU grad but I have always felt Cuban would be a great owner to play for.

43 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Seriously impressive, I always thought Bryant had a future in the league.

As a side note, I had no idea that Vic shot 60% from the field his junior year.  That is insane.

Vic’s is Absolutely ridiculous for a wing or a guard!Absolutely ridiculous for a wing or a guard!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

All signs/reports are that this was Magic’s own decision, and if there’s one guy LeBron could not run out of town it’s Magic. Pretty surprising he didn’t tell J Buss / the Lakers front office before announcing live. 

I just think Magic assumed everyone would want to come to LA and play with LeBron. LA will always be Magic and not even LeBron can touch him there. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just think Magic assumed everyone would want to come to LA and play with LeBron. LA will always be Magic and not even LeBron can touch him there. 

Yeah, and after missing out on PG and AD and having to look at firing Walton things were not going the direction he expected. 

Crazy to think the Lakers haven’t been in the playoffs since 2013

10 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

The Lakers organization is an absolute embarrassment.  Buss/Magic/Pelinka ran that team into the ground, and then Lebron just blew everything up.  I can’t believe how big of a mistake he made going to LA... Honestly might ruin his legacy to a certain extent.

I don't think Buss would do it but if I were running the Lakers. With Wade retiring....I call Pat Riley and see if it's time to make up. It's literally impossible to have the Lakers be this bad for so long. Almost like the Knicks. 

Lebron is about to find out how much love Laker fans have for Magic. Lebron is starting to look foolish until he starts delivering players. 

Thanks Dirk.  Made the trek to San antonio fighting the Austin rush hour traffic to get there to see his final game.  He just never disappoints. He put up a double double in his last game. One Third of the crowd were Mavs fans wearing a dirk jerseys and we all went crazy everytime he touched the ball and cheered louder when scored.   Spurs fans cheered him.  As a guy who grew up in E-ville in the 70's, the Reds, IU basketball, Bird, the Griese led Dolphins, and Donnie baseball are tops in my sports world fandom. 

I jumped on the Mavs bandwagon in their first year of existence which coincided with my relocation to Texas.    Troy and Pudge probably belong also but Dirk has firmly carved his spot on that list and easily passed them.  He is the Mavs.   Hopefully, Luka will be  join him.    So glad Luka and even KP who didn't get to play with him got to be around Dirk in his final season and get to see what it is like to be loyal to one team. Rick Carlisle said he is fortunate in an era where players jump from team to team to have 2 players that have played so long for one team.  Those 2 being Reggie and dirk. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Jalen Rise was high on the pacers chances of making this seriesa dog fight with celtics chemistry issues and Smart being out.  

I don't see it.  

Predictions? 

4-0

4-1

Or 4-2?

4-2 Celtics but with Marcus Smart out it will hurt there defense.  The last game we played against the Celtics he guarded Bojon and got in his head and held him to like 6 points.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

4-2 Celtics but with Marcus Smart out it will hurt there defense.  The last game we played against the Celtics he guarded Bojon and got in his head and held him to like 6 points.

You right that it hurts their defense but it probably means more minutes for Rozier and Brown.  They can replace his defense.  I think losing Smart hurts their energy and toughness.  He really elevates the players around him to play with the same grit or at least it did last year.   

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Jalen Rise was high on the pacers chances of making this seriesa dog fight with celtics chemistry issues and Smart being out.  

I don't see it.  

Predictions? 

4-0

4-1

Or 4-2?

Jalen may be feeling a little Pacers' love from his Pacers days. I can see the P's tough all-around team play making this a series, but taking it to more than 6 seems pretty unlikely. I'll say 4-2.Smart is real loss for the C's, but they have been playing better and would expect guys like Kyrie to step it up in the playoffs, with the experience.