NBA Thread

I know this would never happen but this is what I would like to see the NBA playoffs be like.  To me the playoffs are way to long and shouldn't take 3 months to finish the playoffs.  I think they should go to the NCAA tournament route and just have one and done scenario and play all games on neutral sites.  This way when we see some upsets like Saturday they really mean something but more than likely the higher seed will still win the series.  So here is my suggestion for the playoffs and it is to still have a east region and a west region with 8 teams in each region with 4 games at each site.  You then lpay the second round at that site as well and after that you will have 4 teams left and have a final four site.

East Region at Syracuse New York

1 vs 8

4 vs 5

2 vs 7

3 vs 6

West Region in Seattle Washington

1 vs 8

4 vs 5

2 vs 7

3 vs 6

Final four at New Orleans Louisiana.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Confused 1

On 4/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, FW_Hoosier said:

Nets and Magic looking great in the playoffs today... Wouldn’t have believed that two years ago.

Orlando is better than I thought. They are a solid team, and execute well. 

The Nets series should continue to build with the latest immature, unprofessional behavior by "the Process." Laughing in a presser after clocking a guy in the face. Not a good look, and just added a little fire for the Nets.

58 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe for the NBA broadcast but can't stand having him or any of the other NBA announcers doing the tournament.

I think he was one of the highlights of the tournament. He openly admits he isn't a college basketball expert, but I think he showed everyone how to be a great fan this year. It was awesome. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think he was one of the highlights of the tournament. He openly admits he isn't a college basketball expert, but I think he showed everyone how to be a great fan this year. It was awesome. 

I guess we agree to disagree on Barkley and the tournament because I want guys who have followed college basketball all year doing the tournament.

The NBA is the most crooked organization in this country by what they did to the Pacers in the 4th quarter.  The refs swallowed their whistles on every Pacers drive to the basket with the Celtics shoving in the lower back.  With the Pacers up 2 with a minute to go and Bojon got by Hortford but Hortford put his arm into Bojon's back with no call.  The Celtics was mugging the Pacers the whole quarter with no calls but when Kyrie goes tot he basket he gets every touch foul.  I guess I should be use to as a Pacers fan since I have seen the NBA screw the Pacers in the playoffs for years.

Also the Pacers need major changes for next year because they have no athletic ability besides Victor and can't score through contact or score over people.  Turner has to be one of the softest 7'0 footers I have ever seen and I was totally against singing him to that extension.  They need an upgrade to the point guard and power forward unless Turner and Sabonis can play together but that is a very unathletic group.  To bad you can't combine those two skills into one great player because turner has the defense and shot blocking but very little offense.  Sabonis plays with heart with some good low post moves but separately they are just average players.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

The NBA is the most crooked organization in this country by what they did to the Pacers in the 4th quarter.  The refs swallowed their whistles on every Pacers drive to the basket with the Celtics shoving in the lower back.  With the Pacers up 2 with a minute to go and Bojon got by Hortford but Hortford put his arm into Bojon's back with no call.  The Celtics was mugging the Pacers the whole quarter with no calls but when Kyrie goes tot he basket he gets every touch foul.  I guess I should be use to as a Pacers fan since I have seen the NBA screw the Pacers in the playoffs for years.

Also the Pacers need major changes for next year because they have no athletic ability besides Victor and can't score through contact or score over people.  Turner has to be one of the softest 7'0 footers I have ever seen and I was totally against singing him to that extension.  They need an upgrade to the point guard and power forward unless Turner and Sabonis can play together but that is a very unathletic group.  To bad you can't combine those two skills into one great player because turner has the defense and shot blocking but very little offense.  Sabonis plays with heart with some good low post moves but separately they are just average players.

They do need to make a couple roster moves, but in fairness if Vic was healthy they’d be in the mix at the top of the East. Vic has some knee issues though, hope he can get and stay healthy 

Pacers blow 12 point lead in 4th. From the 11 minute mark on they went 3-12 for 9 points from field. Minus one call when Bojan hit the deck (big missed call) the Pacers looked frozen in the final 2-3 minutes. Almost like they weren't prepared for stage. Reinforces my opinion. Besides a healthy Victor this team needs at least 1 more borderline All Star. Have to almost have 3 All Star candidates in the NBA to make it to finals.

8 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

They do need to make a couple roster moves, but in fairness if Vic was healthy they’d be in the mix at the top of the East. Vic has some knee issues though, hope he can get and stay healthy 

To me the Pacers are stuck right in the middle where they are to good to get a top pick but not good enough to be able to compete for a championship.  In the NBA you have to totally suck for 3 or 4 years and have top 5 picks every year or be a top free agent destination and the Pacers are not either one.  Also I probably was way to emotional right after the game about the officials but this is one of the things that have soured me on the NBA the last 20 years.