NBA Thread

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Meanwhile Giannis was attacking the rim better and Horford could not stop him like he did in game 1. It's not just the other guys had a great shooting night, the game was very different.

I think one of those statements is an effect of the other. Because the Bucks were shooting better, Boston couldn't collapse as much, giving Giannis more room to drive and a little more space to use his quickness against Horford.

Domino effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I think one of those statements is an effect of the other. Because the Bucks were shooting better, Boston couldn't collapse as much, giving Giannis more room to drive and a little more space to use his quickness against Horford.

Domino effect.

Yeah I think the the other guys were shooting better is simplistic and circular - of course they were shooting better. Did you watch the game? They got better looks, they had different guys playing more minutes, Giannis was more aggressive and better to the rim which opened guys up, of course they shot beter. In the same way Gleas doesn’t like the usual “adjustments” talk, I don’t like the they shot better statement, they shot better for several reasons 

23 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've long accepted brutal officiating as a Pacers fan during those series vs Knicks and Bulls during 90's. But the NBA couldn't assign anyone else? Haha...wish I was a gambler. The over and Warriors all day long...and I don't even know what the line is. 

Just a quick update on this post for those interested. The total was at 210 with 45 seconds to play. Ended at 224. Line was 5-5.5 for Warriors and they won by 6. It's circulating on twitter right now but somebody lost $110k when they took the under last night.

14 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Joel Embiid is like the anti-Westbrook.  How can anybody not like that guy.  Great player.  Great interviews.  Celebrates with the fans. And I'm rooting for Toronto to win this series. 

Sometimes I think he's funny but most of the time I do not like him.  Can't really explain it.  

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'm the same. And while I've never liked RWs style of play, I've never found him that unlikable.

Crazy thing is, as far as tenacity,  I love Westbrook.   

Some of the outfits and trying to get the conversation on him gets annoying but he's frank and I appreciate that.  Embid is frank but imo sounds like a big idiot too often.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Crazy thing is, as far as tenacity,  I love Westbrook.   

Some of the outfits and trying to get the conversation on him gets annoying but he's frank and I appreciate that.  Embid is frank but imo sounds like a big idiot too often.  

I like Westbrook too. I've always liked guys with a bit of an edge to them. Started with Skiles continued with Rodman, Iverson....give me those guys all day long. I really don't have an explanation for it either because they can be some of the most hated guys when they played. 

47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I like Westbrook too. I've always liked guys with a bit of an edge to them. Started with Skiles continued with Rodman, Iverson....give me those guys all day long. I really don't have an explanation for it either because they can be some of the most hated guys when they played. 

Yeah, one thing you can never question is Westbrook's heart. He goes full tilt attack mode every game, always brings the energy, always in fight mode. 

His judgment is the problem. Vic is kind of like the plus-side Westbrook, also always goes full bore and brings relentless energy, but usually with better decision-making and ball movement. Westbrook is one of the best, individually, you can't deny back to back triple double seasons, that's crazy. And I like him too -- usually -- but I would take Vic (healthy) over Westbrook.

Westbrook's greatest enemy is himself. When he reigns it in -- and he did for a part of the season this year, he is a fantastic all-around player and extremely hard to beat. But man the question is whether he can keep a lid on it through the playoffs. I actually think he can -- they were 3-1 on GS in those playoffs with Durant before that epic collapse. I think part of what happened this playoffs is that PG was coming off / dealing with the aggravated shoulder injury and Westbrook got into takeover mode again. Shouldn't have, predictable result, but that might've been what was going on behind it.

Latest on Vic

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Pacers general manager Kevin Pritchard says Victor Oladipo continues progressing from a right knee injury, but Pritchard remains uncertain when the All-Star guard will practice.

Oladipo suffered a season-ending ruptured quad tendon Jan. 23. He did not even return to Indiana until the Pacers' season-ending playoff loss to Boston on April 21.

Pritchard told reporters at Wednesday's season-ending news conference that following surgery, Oladipo needed about 12 to 13 weeks before he could start physical therapy, and that Oladipo is only now beginning that second phase.

But after again declining to set a timetable for Oladipo's return to the court, Pritchard said he hopes to have more answers before free agency begins and that Oladipo promised to return as a better player.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26648279/pacers-uncertain-oladipo-return

• Thanks 1

There is no doubt RW is quite the talent and plays hard.  I could care less if wants to play hero ball with his high volume shooting.  There are plenty of players such as that in the league.   I always like Iverson. Rodman too.  He was always getting into others heads.   

I find it hard to like Westbrook because everything seems to be about him.  He seems to have these side agendas against other teams that he has going internally because he channels his energy negatively into what appears to be taunts.  How does this impact his teammates positively. The only player's head he seems to get into is his own.    Can you imagine if snarled at or did one of his muscle flexes vs the Bad Boy pistons. 

Edited by ATX_sig
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

There is no doubt RW is quite the talent and plays hard.  I could care less if wants to play hero ball with his high volume shooting.  There are plenty of players such as that in the league.   I always like Iverson. Rodman too.  He was always getting into others heads.   

I find it hard to like Westbrook because everything seems to be about him.  He seems to have these side agendas against other teams that he has going internally because he channels his energy negatively into what appears to be taunts.  How does this impact his teammates positively. The only player's head he seems to get into is his own.    Can you imagine if snarled at or did one of his muscle flexes vs the Bad Boy pistons. 

Can you imagine 80-90% of these “jack it from the arc” players playing in the 80s-90s and learning that the way we defend that is play in your face and let you drive and when you get to the rim foul you so fricken hard you never want to drive again? 😂 

i youtubed a video of hard fouls in the NBA back then and my son watched it and he just sat there jaw dropped...

8 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Can you imagine 80-90% of these “jack it from the arc” players playing in the 80s-90s and learning that the way we defend that is play in your face and let you drive and when you get to the rim foul you so fricken hard you never want to drive again? 😂 

i youtubed a video of hard fouls in the NBA back then and my son watched it and he just sat there jaw dropped...

When McHale closed line Rambis it was just a regular foul and today he would be suspended for 20 games.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When McHale closed line Rambis it was just a regular foul and today he would be suspended for 20 games.

Yup. A tech would mean you beat a guy to the GROUND, and maybe sent him to the hospital. Even Lebron would be SO shell shocked. BUT with his frame if he had lived then he probably would’ve been tough and gosh that would’ve made him awesome.

8 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Yup. A tech would mean you beat a guy to the GROUND, and maybe sent him to the hospital. Even Lebron would be SO shell shocked. BUT with his frame if he had lived then he probably would’ve been tough and gosh that would’ve made him awesome.

LeBron with Charles Oakley's attitude. That's just scary.

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

Right?! Omg I’m not even a Lebron fan and if he had been toughened up back then he would’ve been unREAL

I wasn't a big LeBron fan at first. Believe it or not, I started to come around to him when the Mavs beat the Heat in the finals. I was glad to see the super team get shattered, but to me, in a way, that was him paying his dues. Him going back to Cleveland the way he did sold me. Is he perfect? No, but neither was Jordan, Wilt, Russell, etc etc.

Everyone likes to do the Jordan comparison. If you want this era's Jordan, it was Kobe, not LeBron. LeBron was this era's Magic.

17 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I wasn't a big LeBron fan at first. Believe it or not, I started to come around to him when the Mavs beat the Heat in the finals. I was glad to see the super team get shattered, but to me, in a way, that was him paying his dues. Him going back to Cleveland the way he did sold me. Is he perfect? No, but neither was Jordan, Wilt, Russell, etc etc.

Everyone likes to do the Jordan comparison. If you want this era's Jordan, it was Kobe, not LeBron. LeBron was this era's Magic.

Spot ON

Greek Freak is playing some unstoppable ball, and Irving is playing some boneheadedly bad iso ball. Bucks are the better team right now. Giannis sets the tone.

Much more than just shooting, when he is relentlessly attacking the rim and Boston tries to stop him it’s a fouling fest with repeat trips to the line and that in turn opens up the shooters. Stevens made an “adjustment” that backfired - Baynes, would expect to see more of him and Horford needs to step it up or this is over for the C’s 

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Greek Freak is playing some unstoppable ball, and Irving is playing some boneheadedly bad iso ball. Bucks are the better team right now. Giannis sets the tone.

Much more than just shooting, when he is relentlessly attacking the rim and Boston tries to stop him it’s a fouling fest with repeat trips to the line and that in turn opens up the shooters. Stevens made an “adjustment” that backfired - Baynes, would expect to see more of him and Horford needs to step it up or this is over for the C’s 

😬🦌

I’m having fun as a Bucks fan! This team is assembled SO well...

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I love the Bucks calm and business like demeanor. If you watch the press conferences every guy is on the same page. They really believe it’s all about them focusing on themselves and each doing what their job is. And their bench seems to all have an edge to them.

but the big variable with this team always seems to be Middleton. If he’s on his A Game they’re SO hard to beat. I’ve watched his growth as a player and it’s pretty amazing. I can’t quite pin what player(s) he reminds me of. He isn’t a great athlet’s but it’s VERY crafty and knows how to create space, pick his spots, and take advantage of miss matches. Love his game because it is NOT flashy. He’s bland like Duncan and crafty like Reggie Miller.

41 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I love the Bucks calm and business like demeanor. If you watch the press conferences every guy is on the same page. They really believe it’s all about them focusing on themselves and each doing what their job is. And their bench seems to all have an edge to them.

but the big variable with this team always seems to be Middleton. If he’s on his A Game they’re SO hard to beat. I’ve watched his growth as a player and it’s pretty amazing. I can’t quite pin what player(s) he reminds me of. He isn’t a great athlet’s but it’s VERY crafty and knows how to create space, pick his spots, and take advantage of miss matches. Love his game because it is NOT flashy. He’s bland like Duncan and crafty like Reggie Miller.

Middleton’s a player, would love to have him on my team