NBA Thread

33 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

He had a career year AS BATMAN. if you were actually following the Thunder you would've seen that it was PG, not Westbrook, leading that team. That was why Damian Lillard publicly stated PG "is the MVP", that he was on a different level from everyone -- he was. The Robin thing is just wrong.

He had no pressure RW draws sure attention it allows PG to be PG. he is a top talent and nothing wrong with being Robin Kyrie showed he's a better Robin as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Kemba wouldn't work well with Vic. Kemba needs the ball and is ball dominant. P's need an elite point guard or other all-star level scorer who isn't ball dominant.

Perfect fits for Indiana would be guys like Klay (not happening) and Khris Middleton (not available). Shooters that can make an impact and still do that they do even off the ball. 

57 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Perfect fits for Indiana would be guys like Klay (not happening) and Khris Middleton (not available). Shooters that can make an impact and still do that they do even off the ball. 

Agree on both. Klay next to Vic would be lethal, and Middleton is so underrated. I have confidence in the P's current front office and Pritchard to find a good fit, but those kind of guys are hard to land / bring to Indiana.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

He had no pressure RW draws sure attention it allows PG to be PG. he is a top talent and nothing wrong with being Robin Kyrie showed he's a better Robin as well

Naah, you're just wrong here. Defenses did everything they could to stop him, but couldn't. Lillard and other Portland players praised him heavily, as the Thunder swept Portland, because he was kiling it. You're not the #2 scorer in the League as Robin, that's just silly. And of course it helps to have another all star / superstar next to you, that's true of everyone, and why the Lakers failed with LeBron (whose injury also played a part). Really, the only possible exception is Greek Freak, but he is surrounded with a number of very good players and shooters. No one makes it alone in the NBA.

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

Naah, you're just wrong here. Defenses did everything they could to stop him, but couldn't. Lillard and other Portland players praised him heavily, as the Thunder swept Portland, because he was kiling it. You're not the #2 scorer in the League as Robin, that's just silly. And of course it helps to have another all star / superstar next to you, that's true of everyone, and why the Lakers failed with LeBron (whose injury also played a part). Really, the only possible exception is Greek Freak, but he is surrounded with a number of very good players and shooters. No one makes it alone in the NBA.

I agree completely amazing year deep into season was in MVP talks. Why?? Because he was number 2. He will strive in that role. He is a very good 1 but a great 2. Why is that a slight in any way. As THE MAN 0/16 as the 2nd option much much better. 

You can spin it anyway u want but PG and big time pressure situations have not gone very well for him. When with Pacers he had ball in his hands and tried to create and had 0 game winners. With OKC Russ tries to create and hits PG in position to do damage. There is a big difference. 

• Like 1

He had a career year AS BATMAN. if you were actually following the Thunder you would've seen that it was PG, not Westbrook, leading that team. That was why Damian Lillard publicly stated PG "is the MVP", that he was on a different level from everyone -- he was. The Robin thing is just wrong.

PG stat-wise is Batman, but that team was/is RW's.  I have said it before and I will say it again, but PG want's people believe that he is an alpha dog more than he is.  When he was with the Pacer's at their peak ECF runs in 2013-14, it was David West who was the leader of that team, not PG, and it is no different now in OKC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I agree completely amazing year deep into season was in MVP talks. Why?? Because he was number 2. He will strive in that role. He is a very good 1 but a great 2. Why is that a slight in any way. As THE MAN 0/16 as the 2nd option much much better. 

You can spin it anyway u want but PG and big time pressure situations have not gone very well for him. When with Pacers he had ball in his hands and tried to create and had 0 game winners. With OKC Russ tries to create and hits PG in position to do damage. There is a big difference. 

Yes and no. 

PG has clearly elevated his game. The 0-16 thing and trying to say he hit game winmer’s because Russ created it shows you weren’t watching. PG created most of them.

Regardless, you’re just ignoring the team that Bird first destroyed and then cast, his cast of misfits, around PG. Monte, Teague et al. Bird ran off LITTERALLY every single player PG had played with. Then you want to call him a Robin. Seriously an empty argument. 

Every player outside LeBron needs another star or two next to or with him to excel - succeed. Every one of them. Labeling a guy who was a top MVP and defensive MVP candidate, second leading scorer in the League a Robin is just silly 

1 hour ago, IUALUM03 said:

PG stat-wise is Batman, but that team was/is RW's.  I have said it before and I will say it again, but PG want's people believe that he is an alpha dog more than he is.  When he was with the Pacer's at their peak ECF runs in 2013-14, it was David West who was the leader of that team, not PG, and it is no different now in OKC.

2013-14 PG was a still young and budding star. That’s not an apples to apples argument. 

I agree PG is not an Alpha, the way Kobe and other superstars like him are / were Alphas. Not arguing otherwise. But that is not the same as saying he’s a Robin. Name another no. 2 scorer and lead steals guy in the League who is a Robin.

PG is a lot like Kawhi. A dominant 2-way player who doesn’t assert himself as the guy who has to take all the shots and be the focus of every game. Is Kawhi a Robin, because he played with / behind Duncan, with Parker, and thrived in that role? Of course not. Now he’s excelling with the Raps as their lead guy, surrounded by good to all-star level players. Put PG in that role and he’d do the same. Of course the Thunder are Russ’s team, but PG all year was the no. 1 option and the reason that team was rolling. 

Yes and no. 

PG has clearly elevated his game. The 0-16 thing and trying to say he hit game winmer’s because Russ created it shows you weren’t watching. PG created most of them.

Regardless, you’re just ignoring the team that Bird first destroyed and then cast, his cast of misfits, around PG. Monte, Teague et al. Bird ran off LITTERALLY every single player PG had played with. Then you want to call him a Robin. Seriously an empty argument. 

Every player outside LeBron needs another star or two next to or with him to excel - succeed. Every one of them. Labeling a guy who was a top MVP and defensive MVP candidate, second leading scorer in the League a Robin is just silly 

I know for sure you have watched more OKC games than I have and probably more NBA games as well. Let's play a little game.

20 seconds left in the game the team I list is down 2 taking the ball out at half court. Tell me whose hands will the ball be in at the top of key when the game is on the line for each of these teams. 

Lakers 

Celtics

Bucks

Raptors 

Trail blazers 

Rockets

Thunder

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know for sure you have watched more OKC games than I have and probably more NBA games as well. Let's play a little game.

20 seconds left in the game the team I list is down 2 taking the ball out at half court. Tell me whose hands will the ball be in at the top of key when the game is on the line for each of these teams. 

Lakers 

Celtics

Bucks

Raptors 

Trail blazers 

Rockets

Thunder

Lakers - LBJ

Celtics - Kyrie probably maybe

Bucks - Giannis

Raptors - Kwahi

Trail blazers  - Dame

Rockets - Harden

Thunder - PG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Lakers 

Celtics

Bucks

Raptors 

Trail blazers 

Rockets

Thunder

hqdefault.jpg

Looking back at of PG game winners this year in 3 of the games RW was not on the floor and in the 1 he was he delivered the assist to PG. I can admit when I am wrong in those game winners PG played like I had hoped he would have in Indy. I still think he is a much better player when he does not feel like he has to be the man. 

Ps if RW is in the game make no doubt the ball will be in his hands to force a good shot bad shot or find the.open man. 

Well last night was interesting. 

Houston may actually be more in trouble because of Durant's injury. GS plays better without him.

Who wins Game 7 of Raps - Sixers? I think Raps, but the Sixers were impressive, Embiid was on. If Sixers win, I think Bucks win handily. If Raps win, that series is going to be outstanding.

And who wins the Nuggets - Blazers Game 7?? Geez Damian is a killer. What a player. He has that MJ / Kobe killer attitude, unbridled confidence, and he backs it up with heart, great shots, great game, he comes at you, full bore. I think -- think -- the Nuggets will get it at home, but Damian may carry the Blazers on. Another great series.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Well last night was interesting. 

Houston may actually be more in trouble because of Durant's injury. GS plays better without him.

Who wins Game 7 of Raps - Sixers? I think Raps, but the Sixers were impressive, Embiid was on. If Sixers win, I think Bucks win handily. If Raps win, that series is going to be outstanding.

And who wins the Nuggets - Blazers Game 7?? Geez Damian is a killer. What a player. He has that MJ / Kobe killer attitude, unbridled confidence, and he backs it up with heart, great shots, great game, he comes at you, full bore. I think -- think -- the Nuggets will get it at home, but Damian may carry the Blazers on. Another great series.

Yeah, I don't understand this huge sentiment in the media that GS is cooked and Houston should win the series. I realize this isn't the same Warriors team from before Durant got there (no Harrison Barnes, Bogut is WAY older, and a few other bench guys gone), but Steph Curry is still a two-time MVP and it's been documented that when Durant is out they revert back to the 'old Warriors' with pace/space. 

Just look at the 4th quarter the other night, after Durant went out Curry almost instantly reverted back to the Curry running guys all over the court, making shots, and the Warriors ball movement got much better. I expect Houston to win tonight at home, but I'd favor GS at home in Game 7. 

35 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I don't understand this huge sentiment in the media that GS is cooked and Houston should win the series. I realize this isn't the same Warriors team from before Durant got there (no Harrison Barnes, Bogut is WAY older, and a few other bench guys gone), but Steph Curry is still a two-time MVP and it's been documented that when Durant is out they revert back to the 'old Warriors' with pace/space. 

Just look at the 4th quarter the other night, after Durant went out Curry almost instantly reverted back to the Curry running guys all over the court, making shots, and the Warriors ball movement got much better. I expect Houston to win tonight at home, but I'd favor GS at home in Game 7. 

Agree -- Assuming Houston pulls it out at home, they haven't been able to get it done at GS, and with Curry cooking, it will be very tough for the Rockets. CPIII is not playing to the extent of difference maker as he did last season, before his injury. That might've been his last shot at a title. 

I still don’t know why people thought the Warriors couldn’t/shouldn’t win without Durant. They’re so much more fun to watch without Durant. I don’t know why people discount Curry, the dude is a 2-time MVP and one of the most unique superstars in a long, long time. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

I still don’t know why people thought the Warriors couldn’t/shouldn’t win without Durant. They’re so much more fun to watch without Durant. I don’t know why people discount Curry, the dude is a 2-time MVP and one of the most unique superstars in a long, long time. 

That Curry 2nd half will go down in NBA history....as it should. Houston has to feel like Pacers, Knicks or anyone else who went up against Jordan in the East. If they couldn't beat Warriors without Durant when will they?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BGleas said:

Agree. I am not saying they are better without Durant but they are better without him than they are without Curry.  Much more enjoyable to watch without KD

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

I think people forget just how good Steph is. Steph without Durant is in many ways the most dynamic offensive player in the league, and IMO, without question in that top 5 group of players that's really hard to separate at this point. 

• Like 4