NBA Thread

48 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'm starting to think the Blazers will take down GS.

I thought the Rockets had a chance -- until Durant was injured, which brought GS back to its roots and left the Rockets going fishing. 

Portland is not scared, at all, of GS. Lillard has been dying for this series. I think GS would've backhanded Denver. This Portland team is a much bigger test, imo. 

Aminu-Lillard-McCollum....Green/Curry/Thompson.....hard to bet against the 2x defending champs, but damn.  This will be a 3PT slugfest.

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Aminu-Lillard-McCollum....Green/Curry/Thompson.....hard to bet against the 2x defending champs, but damn.  This will be a 3PT slugfest.

It will, and Dame will be all over Curry. There is real animosity between Portland and GS, should make for a tough, hard fought and tense series.

14 hours ago, BGleas said:

Raptors-Bucks is so interesting. Five days ago I would have picked the Raptors, but I’m not so sure anymore. The core around Kawhi really didn’t play well in Games 6&7 and the core around Giannis played really well in the Boston series. 

With that said, Kawhi and Giannis are so good, but Kawhi at this stage is a much more well-rounded player and Toronto has a lot of athletic guys with size (Kawhi, Siakim, Ibaka, and even Gasol) that are good defenders to throw at Giannis. 

As a Bucks fan I just want to say I didn’t think they played at all to their potential offensively against the Celtics. We missed a lot of open threes. Just one example was how poorly Lopez shot in that series. I think he made 1 three the whole series. If that happens again we’ll lose. If we get back to shooting like we did all season long and against the Pistons I love our chances to beat the Raptors.

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Rockets had GS last year. With CPIII, up 3-2, they would've won it. He was a difference maker last season. The Rockets missed their window, at least with CPIII, imo. 

Actually GS was rolling along 2-1 after winning game 2 @ Houston by 20 then Game 3 at home by 40. They also then lost a Finals MVP in Iggy for the series.  They also lost Klay for a half in Game 4. If the Rox get Paul for games 6 and 7 then let GS have Iggy and I think there would be no games 6 and 7 necessary.   

Amazing order.  

Do Lakers say screw it and trade LeBron if they can't lure LeBron some help?

Does Anthony Davis reconsider and hear out his new gm?

Too bad Mike Conley has the 2nd worst contract in the NBA.  Guess they just keep him unless, although maybe they'll buy him out???

Edited by NotIThatLives

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Amazing order.  

Do Lakers say screw it and trade LeBron if they can't lure LeBron some help?

Does Anthony Davis reconsider and hear out his new gm?

Too bad Mike Conley has the 2nd worst contract in the NBA.  Guess they just keep him unless, although maybe they'll buy him out???

They’ve gotta keep that group together now.

Never been a Durant fan so I loved watching what Golden St did last night. In terms of draft. If I'm New Orleans I deal and ask for Tatum and tons of first round picks from Celtics for Davis. Build around Zion/Tatum. Lakers just don't have enough picks or talent to make the Davis trade.

Bulls are in purgatory. GM can't lure free agents and they can never get a pick to change the franchise. I'm not kidding when I say they could actually be worse next year and not get 20 wins. Phoenix has to be saying how bad do we have to be get at least a top 3 pick next year. No clue on where Romeo is going. I'd say if he falls past 10 there will be some very foolish GM's looking for work in a couple of years.

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Never been a Durant fan so I loved watching what Golden St did last night. In terms of draft. If I'm New Orleans I deal and ask for Tatum and tons of first round picks from Celtics for Davis. Build around Zion/Tatum. Lakers just don't have enough picks or talent to make the Davis trade.

Bulls are in purgatory. GM can't lure free agents and they can never get a pick to change the franchise. I'm not kidding when I say they could actually be worse next year and not get 20 wins. Phoenix has to be saying how bad do we have to be get at least a top 3 pick next year. No clue on where Romeo is going. I'd say if he falls past 10 there will be some very foolish GM's looking for work in a couple of years.

I looked at some mock drafts and this draft seems pretty weak after the first 5 picks.  I saw one having Jaxon Hayes from Texas at 10 and if that is the case this draft is terrible.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I looked at some mock drafts and this draft seems pretty weak after the first 5 picks.  I saw one having Jaxon Hayes from Texas at 10 and if that is the case this draft is terrible.

That's why I'm curious if the draft is as weak as people say it is...could the Pacers actually trade up from current spot without having to give as much?

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's why I'm curious if the draft is as weak as people say it is...could the Pacers actually trade up from current spot without having to give as much?

On the way to work I was listening to 1070am and they were talking about one mock draft and they had the Pacers drafting Romeo at 18.  In this mock they had San Antonio at 19 picking Carsen Edwards.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

On the way to work I was listening to 1070am and they were talking about one mock draft and they had the Pacers drafting Romeo at 18.  In this mock they had San Antonio at 19 picking Carsen Edwards.

Romeo will not slip that far. Would anyone welcome Myles Turner to Lakers for 4th pick