NBA Thread

Some NBA notes/news recently:

Pacers - Kevin McHale has been working out with Myles Turner lately on his post game.  McHale says turner has a good jump shot however his A$$ basically needs to improve on the block.  McHale helped Kevin Garnett and Al Jefferson to name a few(they turned out pretty good). 

Pacers - Rubio was sold on Indy as his free agent destination until Bojan signed with Utah(Both are very good friends).  Questioned his fit if Bojan wasn't going to be a Pacer.   

Boston/Philly - Saw some reports suggesting that Boston believes Philly tampered with Horford prior to start of free agency.

Clippers/Knicks - Marcus Morris agent advised him to turn down a 3 yr $41 mil deal from Clippers at start of free agency.  Guess that explains why he fired his agent.  I'd fire him too!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rico said:

Dang right...love me some Tim Duncan.

People act like the traditional power forward is dead...but a guy that can rebound and put the ball in the basket at the rate he did...u can always win with that. We got to stop trying to force every kid to be a stretch 4 or shoot the 3. You dominate in the paint you will open plenty of shots up on the perimeter for your shooters.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

People act like the traditional power forward is dead...but a guy that can rebound and put the ball in the basket at the rate he did...u can always win with that. We got to stop trying to force every kid to be a stretch 4 or shoot the 3. You dominate in the paint you will open plenty of shots up on the perimeter for your shooters.

His bank shot is a lost art. He was in some ways a holdover in that he utilized it -- really, one of the most efficient and unguardable shots in the game -- at the highest level. The 3-point shot and the ability to stretch the floor is obviously very important to today's game, but Duncan's game fits in anywhere, anytime, he is hands down one of the best power forwards of all time.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

His bank shot is a lost art. He was in some ways a holdover in that he utilized it -- really, one of the most efficient and unguardable shots in the game -- at the highest level. The 3-point shot and the ability to stretch the floor is obviously very important to today's game, but Duncan's game fits in anywhere, anytime, he is hands down one of the best power forwards of all time.

I'd say he is the best PF of all time. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:44 AM, dwtaylor1055 said:

Some NBA notes/news recently:

Pacers - Kevin McHale has been working out with Myles Turner lately on his post game.  McHale says turner has a good jump shot however his A$$ basically needs to improve on the block.  McHale helped Kevin Garnett and Al Jefferson to name a few(they turned out pretty good). 

Pacers - Rubio was sold on Indy as his free agent destination until Bojan signed with Utah(Both are very good friends).  Questioned his fit if Bojan wasn't going to be a Pacer.   

Boston/Philly - Saw some reports suggesting that Boston believes Philly tampered with Horford prior to start of free agency.

Clippers/Knicks - Marcus Morris agent advised him to turn down a 3 yr $41 mil deal from Clippers at start of free agency.  Guess that explains why he fired his agent.  I'd fire him too!

Good to see that Turner is getting help for his low post moves by a guy with some of the best low post moves ever.

• Like 3

Just a general comment. One thing I applaud Silver and NBA for doing is it's becoming a year round discussion. Here we are with teams reporting in NFL today, MLB trade deadline and final 2 months upon us.....and people still discussing NBA on the daily. I think they need to clean up the free agency rules, tampering,etc....but purely from discussion standpoint they've made it year round. Hard to do in any sport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment. One thing I applaud Silver and NBA for doing is it's becoming a year round discussion. Here we are with teams reporting in NFL today, MLB trade deadline and final 2 months upon us.....and people still discussing NBA on the daily. I think they need to clean up the free agency rules, tampering,etc....but purely from discussion standpoint they've made it year round. Hard to do in any sport.

After a fiesty board of governors meeting the League opened an investigation into the (rather obvious and broad) tampering issues. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27244254/nba-looking-free-agency-process-sources-say

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I read somewhere that the Bucks signs the corpse of Kyle Korver.  I am not sure if he can still play.  He's been around forever.  Having a shooter around Giannis doesn't hurt combatting the wall that playoff teams tried to put on him.

Yeah I think he’s past the point of significant contribution. There’s a reason Dudley was picked up before him. 

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I read somewhere that the Bucks signs the corpse of Kyle Korver.  I am not sure if he can still play.  He's been around forever.  Having a shooter around Giannis doesn't hurt combatting the wall that playoff teams tried to put on him.

As a Bucks fan I’m thrilled they signed him. My expectations are that he'll help on the regular season grind. 

Whether or not the Bucks are contenders comes down to the development of the outside shot of Giannis. I guess we’ll see.

on a side note what type of player would have you expected a team like the Bucks to sign considering they were completely up against the cap limit? The Sixers were trying to sign Korver so the net gain of the swing of preventing him from going to their main competition in the east and signing him themselves sounds like a pretty smart move in my mind. He helps with the bench some, brings leadership and experience, virtually Zero off court risk, and steal one from the Sixers. 

As a Bucks fan glad they signed him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Little NBA trivia today 

They are 2 sets of 3 brothers that are currently on an NBA roster or free agency,  can you name them?

1 is pretty easy the other I was completely shocked by it but I don't follow the league very closely 

Holiday's are  one of them and is it the Plumlee's