NBA Thread

On 11/17/2019 at 1:07 AM, Hoosierhoopster said:

150-101 Clippers over Hawks

PG 37 points in 20 min. Crazy 

edit - it was actually in 18 min

his 37 in under 21 min is the most in NBA history 

I know it’s a blow out but at that point he is doing something special why not let him try to do some Kobe stuff. I mean fans pay to see that stuff and deserve a chance to see history. I guess he is coming off an injury so they are being safe with him but he has 70pts in like 40 mins the past two games lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I know it’s a blow out but at that point he is doing something special why not let him try to do some Kobe stuff. I mean fans pay to see that stuff and deserve a chance to see history. I guess he is coming off an injury so they are being safe with him but he has 70pts in like 40 mins the past two games lol.

Yeah it’s to not keep him in and risk injury when unnecessary. Kawhi missed his .3d in a row for his knee tonight — turns out they had a real reason to keep him out of games and PG just came off those surgeries but man did he look amazing in that game 

12 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Luka is straight killing it, can he maintain over the course of a full season who knows but when comparing his season stats to year two of other guys like Lebron his stats are significantly better

His triple double in I think it was 25 minutes last night made him the first to get to a triple double in that amount of time in NBA history.

Seems like we're seeing records that keep dropping as this season takes off. Just think about this for a second, he's only 20 years old.

I don't know if we're seeing the makings of one of the next great ones, but we might be.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

His triple double in I think it was 25 minutes last night made him the first to get to a triple double in that amount of time in NBA history.

Seems like we're seeing records that keep dropping as this season takes off. Just think about this for a second, he's only 20 years old.

I don't know if we're seeing the makings of one of the next great ones, but we might be.

I agree, I think he's got the ability to be the next GUY like Lebron is or has been over the years

On 11/13/2019 at 10:01 PM, Zewak45 said:

TB had 14 points for the wizards in a Celtics win and Brad still didn’t play Romeo. And Carsen had like 18 soo Purdue fans are gonna be happy about that and Romeo not getting time

Looks like Carson has had two very good games this year, but is a non-factor most games he plays in and averaging right at 33% shooting from the field.  Very streaky.  If I were Brad Stevens, I'd put him in and tell him to shoot.  Most games, he'll go 0-3 and get benched, but every once in awhile, he'll go off on a team like he did against the Cavaliers and Wizards.  Unless his shot consistency improves a bunch, I don't see him as a long-term solution at the NBA level.  Just too many athletes that can guard him there.

...and if Romeo can't stay healthy, he won't make it either  Celtics may have a bust of a draft this year.  What you say, @BGleas?

17 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Looks like Carson has had two very good games this year, but is a non-factor most games he plays in and averaging right at 33% shooting from the field.  Very streaky.  If I were Brad Stevens, I'd put him in and tell him to shoot.  Most games, he'll go 0-3 and get benched, but every once in awhile, he'll go off on a team like he did against the Cavaliers and Wizards.  Unless his shot consistency improves a bunch, I don't see him as a long-term solution at the NBA level.  Just too many athletes that can guard him there.

...and if Romeo can't stay healthy, he won't make it either  Celtics may have a bust of a draft this year.  What you say, @BGleas?

Not Gleas, but you don't give up on your lottery pick 1/4 way into his rookie season with injuries. I suspect it's going to be a long year for Romeo, the way it's started and as well as the C's are playing, with depth at his position (which of course is not Edwards' position), but that doesn't signal they're throwing the towel in on him. That would be moronic, and that's really not the C's. 

Kid is ridiculously talented and is all of what....19/20/21 years old?

The NBA has always drafted on potential.  Now, it's even moreso.  The days of every first round pick being expected to immediately contribute are gone.  These are (literally in some cases) kids.  They're going to need time to develop.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Not Gleas, but you don't give up on your lottery pick 1/4 way into his rookie season with injuries. I suspect it's going to be a long year for Romeo, the way it's started and as well as the C's are playing, with depth at his position (which of course is not Edwards' position), but that doesn't signal they're throwing the towel in on him. That would be moronic, and that's really not the C's. 

Certainly I don't expect them to throw in the towel just yet and I'm not questioning Romeo's talent...just his ability to stay healthy.  The kid has a history of back problems and he's not even old enough to drink.  Throw in hand and ankle injuries and it looks a little grim to me from the outside.  I'm sure they'll give him every chance to succeed.  I just have some real questions about his body durability...

...which is why one and done was by far the smartest move for Romeo whether fans ever understand or not is another question.

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Kid is ridiculously talented and is all of what....19/20/21 years old?

The NBA has always drafted on potential.  Now, it's even moreso.  The days of every first round pick being expected to immediately contribute are gone.  These are (literally in some cases) kids.  They're going to need time to develop.

If you look back at my post, it's more a question of durability than talent.  Romeo has shown himself to be very injury-prone, a lot like Eric Gordon has been.  Hopefully he gets past those problems like Gordon did, but there are a lot of talented kids that simply can't overcome the injuries.

• Like 1