NBA Thread

15 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

If Vic comes back like Vic, healthy, P's should make some noise

I agree - we are a very big, very deep team. I don't think Vic is quite the high-end star of some other teams, but I think our depth is as good as anyone in the league and our pieces fit together really well. 

• Like 1

PG and Kawhi as a duo scored more in 3 quarters last night than any duo in 20 years, ended up 46 and 42. And they’re still just learning each other’s games with limited practices together. 

Meanwhile Lakers are better than I thought — still think they’re over-rated at this point for the playoffs. Clippers are deeper and can shut them down defensively. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Lakers try to add a guy like Love, that would make them much more dangerous in the playoffs, now though nod to the Clips. 

And what has happened to the Blazers? Didn’t see this collapse coming 

On 12/14/2019 at 11:04 AM, NotIThatLives said:

It's 2 of the best and most complimentary duos we have seen since, gulp, Scottie and Michael.  Being that its a guards game, nod goes to Clips.  

I don't say these words lightly, as the '95-96 Bulls are still one of the best teams in pro sports history IMO, but that's a fair comparison.  Two outstanding athletes who are in that size range to where they're kind of amorphous guard/forwards, have multifaceted offensive games and are both lockdown defenders.  And Kawhi definitely has that same intensity/sniper's mentality that MJ had.  On both individual and collective bases, Scottie/Michael are still way ahead, but Kawhi/PG13 are one of the few that might be comparable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I don't say these words lightly, as the '95-96 Bulls are still one of the best teams in pro sports history IMO, but that's a fair comparison.  Two outstanding athletes who are in that size range to where they're kind of amorphous guard/forwards, have multifaceted offensive games and are both lockdown defenders.  And Kawhi definitely has that same intensity/sniper's mentality that MJ had.  On both individual and collective bases, Scottie/Michael are still way ahead, but Kawhi/PG13 are one of the few that might be comparable. 

And here is LeBron James, 1 A or 1B all time, 34 years old, playing possibly his most compete game, next to what most figured would be a top 3 player if he would ever stay healthy.  Clips probably win in 6 if everyone is healthy because you can't trade 2s for 3s and a more complete and deep team.  

Pg and Kawhi will be 29 and 30 by finals.  That's 3-4 more years at peak performance.  We may look back on these 2 the way we look back at Mike and Scottie, if they stay healthy.  

9 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

And here is LeBron James, 1 A or 1B all time, 34 years old, playing possibly his most compete game, next to what most figured would be a top 3 player if he would ever stay healthy.  Clips probably win in 6 if everyone is healthy because you can't trade 2s for 3s and a more complete and deep team.  

Pg and Kawhi will be 29 and 30 by finals.  That's 3-4 more years at peak performance.  We may look back on these 2 the way we look back at Mike and Scottie, if they stay healthy.  

In what world would you put Paul George in Scottie Pippen’s league? One delighted on the big stage defending the opposing teams best and then you have shrinking violet PG. I might put Kawai on Scottie’s level and no one is close to MJ. I’m not even a Bulls fan but Scottie was a beast.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

In what world would you put Paul George in Scottie Pippen’s league? One delighted on the big stage defending the opposing teams best and then you have shrinking violet PG. I might put Kawai on Scottie’s level and no one is close to MJ. I’m not even a Bulls fan but Scottie was a beast.

Lol you’re either delusional or being deliberately obnoxious. Yeah, the same shrinking violet that always defends the other team’s best player, finished last year 2d in scoring, 3d in 3-pointers, 1st in steals and spy, and in the final 3 for both defensive MVP and overall MVP, what a little violet, I mean Kawhi turned down LeBron and Laker land while telling the Clippers he’d only join them if they got PG, the shrinking violet. Thanks for the laugh 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lol you’re either delusional or being deliberately obnoxious. Yeah, the same shrinking violet that always defends the other team’s best player, finished last year 2d in scoring, 3d in 3-pointers, 1st in steals and spy, and in the final 3 for both defensive MVP and overall MVP, what a little violet, I mean Kawhi turned down LeBron and Laker land while telling the Clippers he’d only join them if they got PG, the shrinking violet. Thanks for the laugh 

Kawhi and PG, as they are currently playing, could (as in at this point in their career) could compete with any duo ever. How will they rank up historically? That depends on what they accomplish and how long they do it for, but in a snapshot they can compete with anyone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I said it when he went to OKC and nothing has changed. PG will thrive in the role of Robin. He is not a Batman and when asked to he we saw the results 0-16 in game winners. Dont bring up that he has several last year without Russ and this year without KL. I know but over the course of a season he is not a #1. Knowing he does not have to carry the team I feel is the best thing for PG. I could see him winning am MVP next to KL.

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I said it when he went to OKC and nothing has changed. PG will thrive in the role of Robin. He is not a Batman and when asked to he we saw the results 0-16 in game winners. Dont bring up that he has several last year without Russ and this year without KL. I know but over the course of a season he is not a #1. Knowing he does not have to carry the team I feel is the best thing for PG. I could see him winning am MVP next to KL.

PG definitely gets muscles when he has a nice group.  It's kinda like guys who are cocky when they are out with a big pack of their brothers but real quiet when they go out by themselves.   The pacer faithful has a sore spot but I would love to hear his take.  Probably won't truly come to light until about 10 years after Larry's passing.   

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Those 2  have a handful of rings and PG has the same number of titles as I do.

Fair but if you drop those 2 in today's NBA, if they don't gave the stacked team that they did they would be probably below LeBron and Davis.  Don't forget those teams had James Worthy, Byron Scott, Mychal Thompson, Michael Cooper Kurt Rambis.  And they were never the 2 leading scorers on their team.  You can have that duo.  I'll take Mike and Scottie, then this years 2 are looking good, still to be determined.  

23 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Fair but if you drop those 2 in today's NBA, if they don't gave the stacked team that they did they would be probably below LeBron and Davis.  Don't forget those teams had James Worthy, Byron Scott, Mychal Thompson, Michael Cooper Kurt Rambis.  And they were never the 2 leading scorers on their team.  You can have that duo.  I'll take Mike and Scottie, then this years 2 are looking good, still to be determined.  

All title come down to supporting cast. Not like MJ and Pippen player with chopped liver.

IMO  LBJ > KL

AD>PG

• Like 1

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

All title come down to supporting cast. Not like MJ and Pippen player with chopped liver.

IMO  LBJ > KL

AD>PG

All time sure but at this current age 90% of gms would take kl over LeBron and PG over Davis.  

Maybe the Davis and PG one is debatable because Anthony Davis is 25 and Paul George is 29.  But if you needed one on your team this year.  The vast majority go with PG.  

20 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

All time sure but at this current age 90% of gms would take kl over LeBron and PG over Davis.  

Maybe the Davis and PG one is debatable because Anthony Davis is 25 and Paul George is 29.  But if you needed one on your team this year.  The vast majority go with PG.  

No way. Lebron is having a monster year and does not need to take ever other day off work. KL is a great player but he is on a different planet than the all time greats 

I might even take AD over Leonard

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Fair neither MJ nor Pippen are the all time leading scorer nor do either have more assists or rebounds than Magic