NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been very happy with almost 95% of what Kevin Pritchard has done so hard to find fault. Just one do over though. Pacers are dead set on moving TJ Leaf by tomorrow. Just think we could have had OG with that one..

That was a huge mistake and wonder if Leaf would have been better off staying in school a couple of more years.  The problem is who would want him and what would we get back.  To me the Pacers need to get a PF/C that can come off the bench who can rebound and play defense.  When they go to the second unit the pretty much play 1 big and the rest are wings or guards.  I thought about Tristian Thompson in Cleveland but he makes way to much and could not match salaries.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The problem is who would want him and what would we get back.  

Anyone over the luxuary tax.  So you can grab a slightly more expensive guy that is much more productive.  

Portland, Miami, Golden st, okc.  But who would want him?  Maybe take him and dump him and the salary for a 2nd rounder?  

Pacers played a great 2nd a 3rd quarters leading by as much as 19 in the 3rd.  Was still leading by 11 with 3 minutes then got outscored 12-0 to lose by 1.  the second unit was great tonight and they kept getting us huge leads but the starters lost the game.  Still don't understand why McMillian keeps putting the ball in VO's hands the last few possessions,  He took and missed the Pacers last 3 shots.  For ost of the game they were moving the ball well and getting wide open shots especially the second unit.

• Like 1

Textbook choke job. I thought it was VO's best game so far. He shot better and played more within the flow of the offense. Second unit was excellent throughout. Rap's press and our complete inability to handle it was the ultimate deciding factor. We were inept trying to break it. It got so bad, you have to question why Nate didn't bring McConnell back. Only pure point guard on the roster.

6 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Lol I called it, Houston moved Capela. 

Vonleh is part of the large trade, he’s going to Denver - great landing spot for him 

I would have been interested in the Pacers looking to acquire him last summer as strong inside young guy with upside. Don't know if he'll realize the potential or not, but I definitely wonder if Denver is the place to do it, at least in the short term. Lot of guys to compete with int the 4/5 spot mix - Jokic, Plumlee, Milsap, Grant, Porter Jr., Bates Diop, Bol Bol, etc. Will be interesting to watch how it develops.

I don't watch as much NBA regular season hoops so my comments are based on limited watching. Brogdon appeared to me a little careless with ball at times. Sabonis while an All Star had some moments where he lost his guy....had at least 4 turnovers by my count. Unacceptable to blow a double digit lead with 2 to go but what do you do? No choice but to learn and move on. All I want for the Pacers is to get 2,3 or 6,7 seed in playoffs. This team will peak later in year...just don't want Bucks early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Pacers flat out gave one away on the road against the hottest team in basketball 

No they really didn't, they got outplayed by a resilient Toronto playing on its home floor for its longest winning streak in team history, 12. Have to credit Toronto's D, and O. P's played a good game, they just got beat down the stretch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D-BONE said:

I would have been interested in the Pacers looking to acquire him last summer as strong inside young guy with upside. Don't know if he'll realize the potential or not, but I definitely wonder if Denver is the place to do it, at least in the short term. Lot of guys to compete with int the 4/5 spot mix - Jokic, Plumlee, Milsap, Grant, Porter Jr., Bates Diop, Bol Bol, etc. Will be interesting to watch how it develops.

He will have to work for playing time, but the point is that's a really good team, good front office, good culture, and a team with a bright future, still fairly young. 

That's what you want -- he's already proven he can play, he doesn't need to be getting extended minutes on a bad team, this is a good situation for him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

No they really didn't, they got outplayed by a resilient Toronto playing on its home floor for its longest winning streak in team history, 12. Have to credit Toronto's D, and O. P's played a good game, they just got beat down the stretch.

They got outplayed for 2:37 because they could not handle the press. we can agree to disagree, none the less the Pacers let a golden opportunity slip through their fingers but know they can play with them on the road. Lets hope the stop the long streak tomorrow in Indy

20 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

They got outplayed for 2:37 because they could not handle the press. we can agree to disagree, none the less the Pacers let a golden opportunity slip through their fingers but know they can play with them on the road. Lets hope the stop the long streak tomorrow in Indy

The Pacers definitely chocked this game because if they just kept playing like they were the game was over.  They had 3 turnovers and fouled them twice in that run so yes the Pacers lost it.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The Pacers definitely chocked this game because if they just kept playing like they were the game was over.  They had 3 turnovers and fouled them twice in that run so yes the Pacers lost it.

This seems like it's always a how-do-you-look-at-it situation. Did the P's just throw the ball away three times, unforced TO's, or did the D cause the TO's. The D caused them. Yes they got outplayed, but that's because Toronto played really good D, right? I mean, yes can say the P's "choked," and sure they did to the extent they gave up a good lead, but that gives no credit to the D and Toronto's clutch focused play down the stretch. Two teams on the floor. Toronto outplayed them.

36 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This seems like it's always a how-do-you-look-at-it situation. Did the P's just throw the ball away three times, unforced TO's, or did the D cause the TO's. The D caused them. Yes they got outplayed, but that's because Toronto played really good D, right? I mean, yes can say the P's "choked," and sure they did to the extent they gave up a good lead, but that gives no credit to the D and Toronto's clutch focused play down the stretch. Two teams on the floor. Toronto outplayed them.

It was just like our games against Maryland because we would have own it if we were not careless with the ball.  Brogdon just made a lazy pass to Saboinis at half court that shouldn't have been made.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Russell is on his 4th team in 5 years

Yeh but he became an all star last year and was even more efficient on the Warriors.   I could see where Wiggins would be a better fit as a 2 way player as opposed to Russell alongside  Klay and Steph.  Russell isn't very good defensively and this would certainly impact Curry.  I don't think it was a secret that while Russell is outstanding offensively that Warriors made the trade for him to have a big time asset they wanted to keep him or trade for assets.  If Wiigins finds efficiency along the trio of Superstars, the Warriors will look all genius here also landing the  future 1st round pick.  The fact that Wiggins has underachieved and all the noise that KAT has made about playing with Russell and being unhappy in Minny probably gave GS some leverage. 

• Like 2