NBA Thread

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I will take sacrificing some February wins if it helps us win a first round series.  I know that home court helps to win that first round but right now it's all about chemistry.  Without Vic we wont get past 1st round but with that group working together I could see a conference finals appearance 

Well at one time we were only a1 1/2 out of the two spot but that will be hard to get.  If you are the 2 seed then in the 1st round you don't have to play one of the top 6 teams in the  East.  To me to get out of the first round being the 2 seed would be the easiest for the Pacers.

30 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well at one time we were only a1 1/2 out of the two spot but that will be hard to get.  If you are the 2 seed then in the 1st round you don't have to play one of the top 6 teams in the  East.  To me to get out of the first round being the 2 seed would be the easiest for the Pacers.

That's great in theory but come playoff time when teams game plan take away players without Vic we go nowhere 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobtcat2 said:

Wow this Pacers team is looking almost unbelievably bad.  I was optimistic since they're playing such awful teams the first few weeks with Oladipo back but they can't beat anybody. Can't wait for baseball to start.

Should have kept the bench in to finish the game because they brought the team back and got them the lead.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Great first half for the Pacers with them leading 68-45 at home against the Bucks.  No Giannis tonight but the Bucks are 5-0 without him so they are still a good team.  it kind of looks like maybe some of their players are looking forward to the all break a little early.

Might have spoken to soon because the Bucks has cut a 25 point lead down to 5 with 9 minutes to go.

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Kidding aside. Reason 9,000,000 why I don't gamble. No way anyone thought the Pacers would step up and do that. 

As poorly as we've been playing, that's a situation you need to step up and take advantage of. I'd honestly have been a little disappointed in a loss despite the crappy play and accompanying losing streak. If you can't get up for the best team in the NBA at home (looming ASB or no), then we really would have some crisis-level discussion.

• Like 1

I thoroughly enjoyed the new format.  3 quarters of semi-serious fun followed by an edge of your seat 4th quarter.  Absolutely loved the no clock in the 4th.  As much as a clock can add to the game at times, having no clock added so much tension to the game.

And, most of the players were locked in serious.  Would have liked to seen Team Giannis win because I can not stand Harden, but can take some comfort in knowing he sucked most of the night.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Sounds like he's out and a few idiot sports analysts are speculating him to IU.  Apparently, they have no clue what his early record at Michigan was...

I don't see it. Guy had a great job at Michigan and left to take one last shot at following his dream as an NBA coach. I don't think he left with the idea of coming back to college. To have to go and rebuild something doesn't seem to work timeline for a guy ready to retire soon.