NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The one I remember best is when John Lennon was shot at an ATM. I was home watching TV. Pretty sure I wasn't yet a thought at Pearl Harbor, lol.

Yeah...guess some could use Kobe....or when they heard Magic was HIV+....Challenger explosion...lots of social references for different people that move them lol.

Edited by dgambill

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...guess some could use Kobe....or when they heard Magic was HIV+....Challenger explosion...lots of social references for different people that move them lol.

Oh yeah, all of those resonate with me. I was in law school for the Challenger explosion, and Kobe, oh damn what a year this has been.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Where were you when you found out about Pearl Harbor, JFK assassination, Reagan getting shot, 9-11,.....Corona!

Regan- I was 10 years old and remember that day because it was the same day as the national championship game against UNC.  I was 10 years old and was on spring break and was watching TV when the news broke about President Reagan being shot.

9/11  I was at work and everything just shut down for that day.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, all of those resonate with me. I was in law school for the Challenger explosion, and Kobe, oh damn what a year this has been.

I was born in 79 so I obviously missed the first two and too young for Lennon/Reagan...I remember we watched the Challenger launch in school live (it was covered because of the school teacher going up on our special school Channel 1)...it was extremely dramatic a bunch of elementary kids crying and teachers shocked. Magic I remember hearing it before practice and we all just thought he was going to die like any day. Indeed...crazy world we live in..and we should all appreciate and use every moment the best way possible.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Regan- I was 10 years old and remember that day because it was the same day as the national championship game against UNC.  I was 10 years old and was on spring break and was watching TV when the news broke about President Reagan being shot.

9/11  I was at work and everything just shut down for that day.

Yeah...I think we didn't even know if the game was going to be played either...eriely similar huh!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Donovan Mitchell now tested positive. Apparently Gobert was a tad reckless in locker room and just like that it moves onto another player.

Yeah this is why they suspended the season. Testing players, refs etc. they came into contact with in their recent games. 

I'm glad I'm not a Lakers fan. LBJ, 35, presumptive title favorite (with Clips), suspended season, all up in the air right now.

Yeah this is why they suspended the season. Testing players, refs etc. they came into contact with in their recent games. 

I'm glad I'm not a Lakers fan. LBJ, 35, presumptive title favorite (with Clips), suspended season, all up in the air right now.

Unfortunately, I am!

1 minute ago, KDB said:

Unfortunately, I am!

I know lol. 

I think that, like the schools, the playoffs / end of season will get rescheduled. Probably a shortened schedule and delayed playoffs starting several weeks or a month or so later. Just my guess. 

All of this, to me, is overreaction. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe all of it is actually necessary, but geez it's all so surreal, and seems to me to have just gone off the rails.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Donovan Mitchell now tested positive. Apparently Gobert was a tad reckless in locker room and just like that it moves onto another player.

Or perhaps Mitchell had it first and gave it to Gobert because he was touching all Mitchells stuff. Just because Gobert had symptoms first doesn't mean he necessarily originated it...but yes not smart move by him regardless.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...