NBA Thread

56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did it say if he is going through the process or leaving for good.  Also I thought our UI poster that comes here said that no way Cockburn would leave after this season.

He did....and if you remember I said I'll come back and gladly confirm what I heard when. Kofi has been gone since early March. Just getting public now. I know he's left the door open for return but don't see it happening one bit. Pretty tough off season for Illini brethren.....as some of us all said...lose Kofi and Ayo and regardless of who is coming in next year Illinois will soon retreat to bottom tier.

Thought I saw on Twitter today that a committed player to San Diego St is now being spoken with by NBA/GLeague reps to get him to come and join their league? Tough enough battling other coaches....now they have to battle the NBA for committed players too? I know most will say college basketball is going to get ruined,etc....but this really only impacts about 5-7 guys per year. 

However I do think they should draw the line at throwing $ at committed players. Just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Inequality said:

From ESPN twitter...

Beginning May 1, the NBA is allowing teams to open their practice facilities to players in cities and states where local governments have eased stay-at-home orders. 

I wonder if you’re a team in a closed state if you will relocate for the time being to an open state and lease facilities from a college or even high school.  Kind of like a spring training concept.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I wonder if you’re a team in a closed state if you will relocate for the time being to an open state and lease facilities from a college or even high school.  Kind of like a spring training concept.  

Have to think so. They won’t just not practice and they likely already have such arrangements in place 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rico said:

As if I didn't hate the Lakers enough, and now this...

https://ca.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idCAKCN2292QI-OCASP

I’m a pro-business guy but I don’t think they fit within the spirit of the law.  They need to remember the money comes from the taxpayers.  I’ve read some larger corporations have snuck in there too by defining the number of employees by segregating, e.g., franchisee employees.  

With NBA suspending draft and all sorts of different ideas being floated on how/when to complete this year and start up next season. Do you think the players who are early entrants will be forced to come back to college? Or just sit out and train? Or enter G League or overseas,etc...

Reason I bring it up is there are plenty of Big 10 teams with players who announced early....that in normal times would stay in the draft but now it might make sense to come back?