NBA Thread

So far it is looking good for the Pacers and can't believe with the lineup the Pacers are putting out thee.  Up 61-55 at half against the Sixers and they and the Pacers are without 2 guys who started the most of the year(Brogdon, Sabonis and Lamb).  Throw in that Turner did not play much of the first half because of foul trouble it is amazing they are winning.  This team is fun to watch and it seems like they are a college team where they fight and scrap for ever possession. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Good Lord Scott, everybody in NBA history got away with travelling and palming...I remember watching the 1969 NBA Final between the Celtics and Lakers with my old man and his friends. They griped about that all the time.

I'm talking about getting bailed out by calls when you go to the hoop or other mysterious foul calls that always seemed to benefit certain players (with the initials MJ)...

Magic Johnson is the original  MJ

Just saw a horrible call where Sixers star Simmons had the ball and slipped to the floor and stood back up with the ball in his hand.  when did this stop being a travel.  Pacers in trouble because our only Size in Turner went out with his 4th foul a minute into the half.  Sixers has 4 guys over 6'9 playing while right now the Pacers tallest is 6'8

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers down by 10 with 8 minutes to go then score 39 points in the last 8 minutes.  Outscored them 46-34 in the 4th quarter

I didn't even have to watch it to know how the game was going.  I just needed to listen to the screams from the basement by my 16 year old (anger/agony or joy/excitement).  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I didn't even have to watch it to know how the game was going.  I just needed to listen to the screams from the basement by my 16 year old (anger/agony or joy/excitement).  

I would say it is time for the Sixers to break up the nucleous of that team.  There is no way they should have lost to the Pavers tonight.  They put rebounded the Pacers by 25 tonight and Embid had 39 and 22.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I would say it is time for the Sixers to break up the nucleous of that team.  There is no way they should have lost to the Pavers tonight.  They put rebounded the Pacers by 25 tonight and Embid had 39 and 22.

Nothing says breakup the nucleus of a team like losing a close game in the first real game in 4.5 months...

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2020 at 5:16 PM, IU Scott said:

I lost any respect for PG when the team asked him t play the 4 and he refused to do it.  To me that is sign of selfishness and the me first attitude that many players have today.

It’s so selfish, coming off a missed year to a nearly career - ending injury, and being told to play out of position against power forwards! Oh how selfish! Yes, Bird was brilliant to ask a 2-3 coming off a horrendous injury to come in and bang against power forwards! Yes, you’re right, what sheer genius! 
lol man you kill me sometimes with this stuff 

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It’s so selfish, coming off a missed year to a nearly career - ending injury, and being told to play out of position against power forwards! Oh how selfish! Yes, Bird was brilliant to ask a 2-3 coming off a horrendous injury to come in and bang against power forwards! Yes, you’re right, what sheer genius! 

💯It’s a tall task to play the 4 when coming back from a major injury. It’s more mental than him being able to play the 4 spot. PG can play the 4 now because he’s not worried about re injuring his leg. 

vic still isn’t that comfortable from his injury. He’s less hesitant to beat and bang in the paint(far less FT attempts post injury compared to pre injury) 

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 1

TJ Warren took Bens lunch money and didn’t look back. 

Warren is a bucket getter. Averages 19ppg on a team where IMO he’d be considered the 4th best player(behind sabonis, Vic and Brogdon). He’s worked on his 3pt shooting and staying healthy(knock on wood).  He shot 40% from 3 in Phoenix and is at 39.8% for this season. He only starred shooting 3s consistently starting last year. Didn’t care to shoot em at NC State or early on at Phoenix. He’s also one of the, if not best bargain at his current contract. $10.5 mil this year, $11 mil for 20/21 season and $12 mil for 21/22 season 

5FC54891-33B5-4678-B084-35641F58D019.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yes to me that is very selfish and I don't want me players in the organizations.  I know yuo love PG and think he can't do any wrong but I can't stand him.

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Nothing says breakup the nucleus of a team like losing a close game in the first real game in 4.5 months...

Not going by just this one game but I don't think that team was put together well.  It is not a balance team where they pretty much have no guards and all front court players.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes to me that is very selfish and I don't want me players in the organizations.  I know yuo love PG and think he can't do any wrong but I can't stand him.

In all seriousness, I know you're a long-time P's fan (so am I) but you are blinded by the organization/team. It was Bird's decision (idiotic) to try to force the team's superstar, a guard/small forward, coming back from a nearly career-ending injury, to immediately bang against power forwards. There is literally no good NBA player, let alone superstar, who would've been OK with that. Bird was a moron in the front office. He's gone, for good reason, and Pritchard is doing a much, much better job -- that's a good thing. Gee, I wonder if Pritchard would try to force Vic to play the 4 after his injury? Of course not. He has and is building the team well, with his stars best interests aligned with the team. That's how you manage a team. Bird deconstructed the team, brought in guys like Monte Ellis, it's good that he's gone.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

In all seriousness, I know you're a long-time P's fan (so am I) but you are blinded by the organization/team. It was Bird's decision (idiotic) to try to force the team's superstar, a guard/small forward, coming back from a nearly career-ending injury, to immediately bang against power forwards. There is literally no good NBA player, let alone superstar, who would've been OK with that. Bird was a moron in the front office. He's gone, for good reason, and Pritchard is doing a much, much better job -- that's a good thing. Gee, I wonder if Pritchard would try to force Vic to play the 4 after his injury? Of course not. He has and is building the team well, with his stars best interests aligned with the team. That's how you manage a team. Bird deconstructed the team, brought in guys like Monte Ellis, it's good that he's gone.

Well Vic is 6"4 compared to PG who is 6'10 so that is not even a good comparison.  Durrant played the 4 a lot and it is not like he is some massive big buy.

53 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well Vic is 6"4 compared to PG who is 6'10 so that is not even a good comparison.  Durrant played the 4 a lot and it is not like he is some massive big buy.

Scott, good grief, PG is a small forward (and 6'8), he's not a PF, Durant is a 7 footer. You're just ignoring that PG was coming off a horrible injury and lost season. Come on bro, at some point you have to leave your angst behind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not going by just this one game but I don't think that team was put together well.  It is not a balance team where they pretty much have no guards and all front court players.

That's completely different than your original point, it just shares the same conclusion.