NBA Thread

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

3-14 and about 7 for 50 is normal Paul George playoff time. PS....Luka is awesome.

Yeah he hasn’t played well this series. They may have enough to get past the Mavs without him but If they want to win a title he has to step up his game. I couldn’t watch the game but he always talks about when his shot isn’t falling he can step it up in other areas...did he guard Luka or anything...I mean he is suppose to be all nba on both ends.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well the Eastern conference haa not been very competitive. The Raptors are about to sweep the Nets and Boston swept the 76ers. Tomorrow I think the Heat will go ahead and sweep the Pacers 

It’s too bad really, because injuries really had an impact in the East. Philly missing Simmons, Boston missing Hayward, Indy missing Sabonis and a clearly hobbled Vic, and Brooklyn missing Kyrie (I don’t count Durant because he was always going to be out all year).

That’s 5 All-Stars missing from the East. I don’t know if either series gets turned around completely, but they definitely would have been more exciting and gone a little longer. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It’s too bad really, because injuries really had an impact in the East. Philly missing Simmons, Boston missing Hayward, Indy missing Sabonis and a clearly hobbled Vic, and Brooklyn missing Kyrie (I don’t count Durant because he was always going to be out all year).

That’s 5 All-Stars missing from the East. I don’t know if either series gets turned around completely, but they definitely would have been more exciting and gone a little longer. 

Pacers was missing Lamb as well

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yeah he hasn’t played well this series. They may have enough to get past the Mavs without him but If they want to win a title he has to step up his game. I couldn’t watch the game but he always talks about when his shot isn’t falling he can step it up in other areas...did he guard Luka or anything...I mean he is suppose to be all nba on both ends.

I watched the last 5 minutes of regulation and all of the OT...PG was not a factor at all.

• Thanks 1

PG has had a rough series. Not much else can be said about it. 

I'm surprised the NBA didn't punish Harrell in some way, it sets a bad precedent. Having said that, I don't think Harrell is a bad guy, I think he said something really dumb in the heat of the moment. He didn't just issue an apology, he sought Luka out and apologized face to face. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

PG has had a rough series. Not much else can be said about it. 

I'm surprised the NBA didn't punish Harrell in some way, it sets a bad precedent. Having said that, I don't think Harrell is a bad guy, I think he said something really dumb in the heat of the moment. He didn't just issue an apology, he sought Luka out and apologized face to face. 

Which is how it should be done...and honestly he doesn’t need to do anything more. It’s between him and Luca and if they make it good that is good enough for me. Takes a real man to apologize in person and not these fake press releases. Obviously if it kept continuing or was a habit then I can see people coming in to address it with him.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 5:44 PM, Seeking6 said:

3-14 and about 7 for 50 is normal Paul George playoff time. PS....Luka is awesome.

This gets old, just sayin. Everyone here gets a thrill poking me lol. If you’re serious, you’re just wrong 

i think PG must be hiding an injury. He is every year one of the highest and most efficient playoff scorers. He usually raises his scoring in the playoffs. Every year. He’s shooting horribly after the first playoff game. Seriously bad. Has to be something else going on, he’s never shot this poorly before in three straight games let alone the playoffs.

But Leaving all that aside, Doncic is on the level of the next Bird. He’s a future HOF’er for sure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

Appreciate Harrell apologizing to Luka. Exactly how things should be handled. 

Harrell actually is a good guy. Without the political BS, everyone in the league knows who he is, and he’s not as was portrayed, at all. People get pissed off (and Doncic was frankly being a douche bag), and yeah, he did the right thing in apologizing. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BGleas said:

Though, imo, missing Kyrie not necessarily a bad thing .... 😁

• Like 1

Looks like the Pacers management made a mistake giving McMillan that extension.  The offense is so stagnant and you just can tell the difference between the two teams offensively philosophy.  The Heat moves the ball and Ayers are cutting.  The Pacers dribble around and only set ball screens.  On one possession only one person touched the ball and that was Brogdon who brought up the court.

They actually started out ok with player movement and passing the ball but it is now totally stagnant.

49 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This gets old, just sayin. Everyone here gets a thrill poking me lol. If you’re serious, you’re just wrong 

i think PG must be hiding an injury. He is every year one of the highest and most efficient playoff scorers. He usually raises his scoring in the playoffs. Every year. He’s shooting horribly after the first playoff game. Seriously bad. Has to be something else going on, he’s never shot this poorly before in three straight games let alone the playoffs.

But Leaving all that aside, Doncic is on the level of the next Bird. He’s a future HOF’er for sure 

I'm not poking you or anyone that's a PG apologist. I sat court side watching this guy for years. It's playoff Paul. Just to make sure though. In 65 playoff games PG shot over 50% 22 times during his tenure here in Indy. Not sure where you come from or where you watch hoops....but to me 1/3 is 1/3. Not worth the hype. Good player. Never will be great. 

• Like 1

McMillan has had 4 games to try to figure out how to stop Miami's offense but still can't figure it out.  Pritchard has done a very good job of putting together this team but the thing he hasn't done is draft well.  The only players on this roster that was drafted by the Pacers are Turner, A. Holliday, Leaf and Gigs.  Sunmner was traded for on draft night.  I just think for a team like the Pacers they have to be great at drafting their own players.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Harrell actually is a good guy. Without the political BS, everyone in the league knows who he is, and he’s not as was portrayed, at all. People get pissed off (and Doncic was frankly being a douche bag), and yeah, he did the right thing in apologizing. 

Media being unbiased should not be political. What Jay Williams said is 100% correct. Idk how telling someone to stop flopping is being a douche bag though. 

Either way, its never the wrong time to do the right thing and Mr Harrell proved that. Good on him.  

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Nothing eptimize the Pacers offense than this possession than the were starting the weave a Brogdon gave the ball off to VO.  Instead of keeping the weave going VO dribble out to all.ost mid court and dribbled the sit clock and and settled for a long 3.

To keep my consistent and objective approach I'll say this. Love Victor with all my IU heart. He's not a max guy though and I won't be surprised if Pritchard moves him this season if he doesn't take a reasonable extension. I want Vic in Indy. Always have always will but some guys need to find their place. He's a very good player. Occasionally great....but not a top 20 guy year in and year out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To keep my consistent and objective approach I'll say this. Love Victor with all my IU heart. He's not a max guy though and I won't be surprised if Pritchard moves him this season if he doesn't take a reasonable extension. I want Vic in Indy. Always have always will but some guys need to find their place. He's a very good player. Occasionally great....but not a top 20 guy year in and year out.

I think the first year ad Pacers was more an anomaly than what you should expect.  Last year even before the injury he was not playing great.  I like VO but he seemed to changed after his first year.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Media being unbiased should not be political. What Jay Williams said is 100% correct. Idk how telling someone to stop flopping is being a douche bag though. 

Either way, its never the wrong time to do the right thing and Mr Harrell proved that. Good on him.  

I'm pretty sure the time stamps of those two incidents where 1st Harrell powered Doncic and said that.  Then Harrell flopped about 2 mins later and Doncic made the stop flopping big man comment.  I could certainly be wrong though.  

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree. I love Oladipo, no question, but he’s not a #1 on a championship contending team. Might not even be a #2. If he’s you’re #3 then you’re a legit championship team. As a #2 he needs to be with a LeBron, Giannis, etc. level player. There’s nothing at all wrong with that and it’s not a slight on Oladipo, but if you’re the Pacers you need to decide how much to commit to him?

If I was Indiana, I would try to figure out how to have a full season with a healthy Oladipo and a Sabonis along with Brogdon before making any decisions. You have to see how those three work together healthy. Though I’d definitely see where the market sits for Turner and what I could turn him into. 

• Like 1